IGNORED

Best and Worst sporting mascots

RussUK
Note: This thread is 2652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We all love sport on here and one thing you Americans do better than most of us is team mascots. 

Who has the best mascots and who has the worst. Lets see the Good, the bad and the down right ugly (and/or rubbish)

Allow me to start.

The best? Terry the Terrier, Huddersfield Town mascot (im biased though)

Image result for terry the terrier

The worst? The Bradford City Gent (Bradford City FC) for obvious reasons

th?&id=OIP.Ma43e8074077c571802935540bfea1537H0&w=300&h=221&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

They do have the Bantam as well but the Gent takes the biscuit!

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 hours ago, RussUK said:

We all love sport on here and one thing you Americans do better than most of us is team mascots. 

Who has the best mascots and who has the worst. Lets see the Good, the bad and the down right ugly (and/or rubbish)

Allow me to start.

The best? Terry the Terrier, Huddersfield Town mascot (im biased though)

Image result for terry the terrier

The worst? The Bradford City Gent (Bradford City FC) for obvious reasons

th?&id=OIP.Ma43e8074077c571802935540bfea1537H0&w=300&h=221&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

They do have the Bantam as well but the Gent takes the biscuit!

I'm not a fan of any mascots. The Bleacher Report lists a whole bunch of bad ones with the London Olympics as having the worst. That is too bad because I thought the London Olympics had the best opening ceremony. Why ruin it with a dumb mascot?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1346812-the-50-worst-mascots-of-all-time/page/51

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

RealClearSports - Top 10 Weirdest Mascots - 1. The Stanford Tree

Worst may be harsh, but the Stanford Tree has always rubbed me the wrong way. Back in the 1970s, Stanford was one of the first to get rid of the nickname Indians. The Stanford band created this rather awful looking thing and it's been there ever since.

A big part of the tradition has been occasional violent incidents with students from Univ. of California, the arch-rival.

21 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

mr-met.jpg

The rest are stupid and shouldn't even exist. Matter of fact, they should all be paying taxes to the true mascot king, Mr. Metropolitan. 

Mr. Red | OMGreds

Isn't that Met guy just Mr. Red's bastard son?

13 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Ha! You jest. But you must know Mrs Red is now Mrs Met. She knows where the beef is. 

th?id=OIP.Mb1507726a698ddcd00db5bedc14e2Nope. Rosie Red has always had black hair. Not sure who Mrs. Met is, but this lineage thing is going in a creepy direction.

I went to the Holiday Bowl several years ago (google tells me it was 1998) with a friend who was a grad student at U of A.  They were playing against Nebraska and Nebraska had a mascot that was a person in a sort of balloon costume that looked like a giant kid in overalls and a red hat.  I know there are more mascots like this out there now (and in fact, Halloween costumes of dinosaurs with similar comedic effects) but it was the first time I'd seen one like it and he was absolutely hilarious.  Here's a sample:

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2014/05/053014youppi.jpg?w=1200

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Canadiens mascot Youppi. Youppi was originally a mascot belonging to the Montreal Expos, starting with them in 1979. Then the club ran off to Washington D.C. and left Youppi behind. Fortunately, the Canadiens adopted him and made him their first mascot in the club's history. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 12/1/2016 at 10:59 AM, djfajt71 said:

I love my Steelers, but I was/am not a big fan of Steely McBeam.

Like you (probably), most of us seem to just pretend he doesn't exist.

Mascot? No. We don't have a mascot.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On November 26, 2016 at 8:12 AM, CarlSpackler said:

This guy. He's nuts. 

IMG_4832.JPG

Agree.  Worst mascot ever.  A freaking tree nut.  :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

6 hours ago, David in FL said:

Agree.  Worst mascot ever.  A freaking tree nut.  :doh:

They hurt like hell when they hit you on the head, and they've been know to kill badgers. :-P

They are also VERY poisonous to wolverines. :-D

- Shane

Note: This thread is 2652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!