IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2016

Note: This thread is 1566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

12/31 - grip, stance, slow take aways with focus on deep hands,  and balanced weight shift.  Six months straight of completed 5min challenge. Happy New Year's Eve - Be safe!

Posted Images

Day 18; went to a course I don't frequent very much just to use their practice greens. I wanted to work on my visual green reads. What I do is read the green, then roll a ball to verify what I read. I do this at a quick pace, as I have found the longer I look at the putting line, the more, non useful things I tend to read into it. Most of the time, what I see is correct. It's then just a matter of hitting my line with the correct ball speed. However, there are times when what I saw does not work for no apparent reason. Those reads I just file away as a "head scratcher" and move on.   I chose a new course because I was not already familliar with the practice greens. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 18. Could get the inside out swing to take. Better control from tee, hitting 7 of 13 fairways, but not a consistent strike. Each drive was an adventure. From the fairways and rough, terrible.

12/18: snuck to range with short window of opportunity.  Video work, but the session seems to have been a bust. Seems I forgot all of the A4 and deep hands stuff I'd been working on! Argh.  Will review video more thoroughly on computer and decide whether or not to withhold posting. Maybe good to post or send to instructor even if backslide?

Practicing the A-6 position ? (keeping my hands outside of the clubhead at parallel position). I hope thats right because thats what im doing. It seems I do it naturally with my shorter clubs but the longer clubs are giving me trouble. Im assuming thats why I pull shots sometimes. In any event im in the mirror and trying to get it right. Of course im putting on my practice green. I got a break pad for christmas, so now i can build a break into my green. These birdie ball greens are pretty cool.

7 hours ago, Hatchman said:

Went to the pits to work on hand / arm take away on back swing.  Slow to full swing drills.

IMG_0289.JPG

That place looks awesome !! Glad you have a great place to practice. Im lucky to have a place too , Hitting into that green looks like a blast. Hit Em Good !!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

That place looks awesome !! Glad you have a great place to practice. Im lucky to have a place too , Hitting into that green looks like a blast. Hit Em Good !!

It is, thanks.  Not to ramble, but this course has pitching/chipping/sand green, huge putting green, and full grass range.  My Evolvr practice area now, to work on things.  This is where I do my rehab playing daily small ball.  Off to the pitts I go.

Edited by Hatchman

7 hours ago, Hatchman said:

Went to the pits to work on hand / arm take away on back swing.  Slow to full swing drills.

IMG_0289.JPG

11 minutes ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

I agree with Strat-Pack, that place rocks. Want one like that near my house! Guess it will have to wait until I win the Powerball! Use it before you lose it, Hatchman!

• Upvote 1

Day 19: Played a "chilly" 18 holes this morning. Shot an 84 with 30 putts. Focus was to keep the ball in play, and live with what ever I had left over. Like I said it was bit on the chilly side. In the low 30s with a slight breeze when we started. Had some really good shots, and a few not so good. Finished the round with the same two balls I started with, which in itself was an achievement, with the water hazards, and the leaves every where. 

• Upvote 1

• iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Note: This thread is 1566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!