IGNORED

What is your "go to" adult beverage of choice?

coastrat
Note: This thread is 2685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

No love for Talisker on here? For shame!

I really like the 10-year, and I'll pick up a bottle when I find it for a good price.  Haven't tried the others. 

9 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I came to Caol Ila through Talisker.  One of the great things about visiting Scotland is the vast knowledge of many of the barmen there.  Looking for a gently peated single malt, I had tried Talisker one evening, and liked it.  On a subsequent evening, I mentioned that to a different barman, and asked if there was something with just a bit less peat, he recommended Caol Ila, and now I'm hooked.  Another slightly peaty malt that I like as well is Ardbeg , which I was told was very big with the German visitors.  

Good to know. I'll look to give them a try. slàinte!

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap vodka and vanilla yogurt; except when it's really hot and I skip the gloppy part.  If the bar doesn't have yogurt you can substitute ranch or blue cheese dressing.  Neither one tastes very good.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

6 hours ago, Piz said:

Cheap vodka and vanilla yogurt; except when it's really hot and I skip the gloppy part.  If the bar doesn't have yogurt you can substitute ranch or blue cheese dressing.  Neither one tastes very good.

Zaphod Beeblebrox, is that you?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

19 hours ago, billchao said:

Same here. Single malt.

I can't drink whisky after that Blues Brothers Jim Beam incident in 1979.:-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I can't drink whisky after that Blues Brothers Jim Beam incident in 1979.:-P

A good solution is to not drink cheap whiskey (there is an e in whiskey when referring to Jim Beam). Stick to the good stuff. 

Peraonally, I've never been big on bourbons and sour-mashes. Give me a nice clean, crisp Irish Whisky most of the time. If I want a deeper flavour, I'm all about Scotland. There are SO many different varieties of Scotch that any whisky lover is bound to find a scotch that fits their palette. There are even some scotches that don't use any peat in the drying process, Glen Goyne being the most common one. AFAIK, Glen Goyne uses heated clay pellets in place of burning peat, so it's very similar to an Irish Whisky in that respect. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Just now, Ernest Jones said:

A good solution is to not drink cheap whiskey (there is an e in whiskey when referring to Jim Beam). Stick to the good stuff. 

Peraonally, I've never been big on bourbons and sour-mashes. Give me a nice clean, crisp Irish Whisky most of the time. If I want a deeper flavour, I'm all about Scotland. There are SO many different varieties of Scotch that any whisky lover is bound to find a scotch that fits their palette. There are even some scotches that don't use any peat in the drying process, Glen Goyne being the most common one. AFAIK, Glen Goyne uses heated clay pellets in place of burning peat, so it's very similar to an Irish Whisky in that respect. 

A better solution is not to sit around listening to the Blue Brothers, playing guitar and doing 9 shots of any whisky/whiskey in your dorm freshman year!

My son manages a liquor store and has shown me a few. I have ventured and sipped a few, but there is still something that gives me shivers if I take more than a sip.

On a side story, I was at a restaurant in Reading, England, The London Brasserie, and they had a very old, dusty bottle of single malt behind the bar that we could order for a measly £1200. That was 1998.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This time of year???

Egg nog....

And it is an adult beverage in my house.  I don't let the kids drink any of mine....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

11 hours ago, Piz said:

We used to drink something similar to this in college, we called the shot the "abortion'. It was disgusting.

Summer is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Goose Island Pilsner. Winter is imperial stouts, Allagash Black or Victory Storm King Stout.

I have been sipping on some Fireball whisky which is tasty....never can have too much ethylene glycol in the winter...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Red wine is what I drink most of the time and the occasional cider. If I'm drinking spirits, it's usually a gin tonic or mohito.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

simple taste. Jack and Water, or straight up. Although lately, I seem to have an affinity for Margarita rocks. For malted bevs, again  Bud or Coors. Don't like the craft beers all that much. Corona once in awhile.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

On December 6, 2016 at 10:36 AM, 14ledo81 said:

This time of year???

Egg nog....

And it is an adult beverage in my house.  I don't let the kids drink any of mine....

Yeah, the eggnog at my house will a knock kid on its ass. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

On 12/4/2016 at 7:41 PM, phillyk said:

Lagunitas Maximus IPA, can never go wrong with it. 

I need to add margaritas to this.  I love me some margaritas, had a strawberry and mango margarita last night.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

On 12/7/2016 at 11:59 PM, Zeph said:

Red wine is what I drink most of the time and the occasional cider. If I'm drinking spirits, it's usually a gin tonic or mohito.

Mojito, but too much work, bar tender expects a gratuity

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

1 part any vodka, 2 parts simply made OJ no pulp, 8 parts water from my refrigerator.

On ice.

9 out of 10 people that approach me with conversation of alcohol "taste" and "brand" gets a nearly impulsive eye-roll. Sorry, but I just got out of school a few years ago and my goodness were there so many "experts" at the whole drinking thing. Hell, I had a friend who thought he was a beer connoisseur @ age 22 and he didn't have his first drink until he was 21. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

some of the old stalwarts of drinkingdom have gone by the wayside for the post part.

Rusty Nail aka Gum Drop

Depth Charge

Whiskey Sour

Gimlet

7 & 7

more

"James"

Note: This thread is 2685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!