IGNORED

TST 2017 Fantasy Golf

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 2323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I ended up in 13th place, which coincidentally is my favorite number! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, gogolfing said:

Hey @Shindig and @Warren Zevon you are right Yahoo starts in January, but the PGA Tour Fantasy starts today off their website. I started playing it mid-season last year and it is good. Any of the hard core TST fantasy golf guys should get a team in and I can start a league and we can do both.

You still have a short time to lock a roster for this week's tournament. If you don't, get in this week and let me know then I will invite any of the TST fantasy golf guys who are interested to a league myself and Ray's Creek (from our Yahoo league) have just started. 

PGA has 4 segments, you pick a line up of 4 with 2 on the bench, and you have 3 starts per player per segment, for a total of 12 starts for the year. Don't use starts by the end of the segment, you lose them; they don't carry over. Points structure, not totally sure, but is based on how a player plays in each round; points not as straight forward as Yahoo.

They also have a One and Done that is fun. 

We can still do Yahoo in January too. 

So the PGA Fantasy golf uses a pretty elaborate scoring system; see below:

Throughout a tournament, PGA Tour Fantasy Golf uses five categories: score related, driving, approach, short game and penalties (-3 points for hitting into a water hazard and -5 points for going OB). In each of the categories other than penalties there are ways to both gain and lose points. For example, a player gets 5 points for hitting a 300-yard drive in the fairway, but loses 3 points for missing the fairway on a drive that travels less than 240 yards. As he should. Get that weak stuff out of here.

There is also a sixth category that awards a bonus at the end of an event based on how many FedEx Cup points your players earned that week. Hey, now you might actually care about the FedEx Cup race!

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• iacas unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Toffeelover said:

No Yahoo Golf this year guys :(

That really sucks.   It’s been a load of fun matching up against you guys the last few years.  

Corey

There are a couple of other platforms out there. Has anyone ever played on the Golf Channel, PGA Tour or other fantasy golf site.
Hopefully in the next week or so, something will get set up that allows this to continue with a TST group.

Players play, tough players win!

See a few of my posts above...myself and Ray's Creek from the Yahoo League have been in the PGA Tour one since the start of the Fall. New segment opens up with the ToC in Hawaii. 

We started a league but it is just the two of us. Let me know if others are interested and I can open it up.

It has pretty elaborate scoring (again see above). You won't get points for the Fall segment, but can compete in the 3 other ones still to come.

I am not giving that profile up as I ended up 55th overall in the first segment. 

22 hours ago, gogolfing said:

See a few of my posts above...myself and Ray's Creek from the Yahoo League have been in the PGA Tour one since the start of the Fall. New segment opens up with the ToC in Hawaii. 

We started a league but it is just the two of us. Let me know if others are interested and I can open it up.

It has pretty elaborate scoring (again see above). You won't get points for the Fall segment, but can compete in the 3 other ones still to come.

I am not giving that profile up as I ended up 55th overall in the first segment. 

I'm interested in joining your league if you have room!

15 hours ago, J M Brown said:

I'm interested in joining your league if you have room!

Sounds good...I will send you the details in a PM.

Actually, @J M Brown I changed the name to TST Fantasy 2018 (was formerly Island Guys....we live on Vancouver Island) and will just open it up to anyone here who is interested in playing the last 3 segments. Here are the details:

Join my league in PGA TOUR Fantasy #PGATOURfantasy Golf 

League URL: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/api/v6/pgaroster/og/object/leagues/id/14232

League Name: TST Fantasy 2018

The password is: [scottandray]

Description: 

PGA TOUR Fantasy allows you to show off your knowledge of the sport by picking a team of 6 PGA TOUR Professionals (4 Starters, 2 Bench). Scoring is live and exclusive using PGA TOUR Shotlink and based on player performance on the course. Play with your friends in a private group or test your skills in one of our public groups. Whether you want to play for prizes, glory or bragging rights PGA TOUR Fantasy is the only live fantasy game where the outcome of each shot matters.

Official Rules: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/#/roster/rules

2 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

Is there room and is this a money league?

Yes there is room, and no not a money league. I created a new thread for the 2018 Fantasy Golf here:

Anyone interested, head over there. 

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 12:54 PM, gogolfing said:

Sounds good...I will send you the details in a PM.

Actually, @J M Brown I changed the name to TST Fantasy 2018 (was formerly Island Guys....we live on Vancouver Island) and will just open it up to anyone here who is interested in playing the last 3 segments. Here are the details:

Join my league in PGA TOUR Fantasy #PGATOURfantasy Golf 

League URL: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/api/v6/pgaroster/og/object/leagues/id/14232

League Name: TST Fantasy 2018

The password is: [scottandray]

Description: 

PGA TOUR Fantasy allows you to show off your knowledge of the sport by picking a team of 6 PGA TOUR Professionals (4 Starters, 2 Bench). Scoring is live and exclusive using PGA TOUR Shotlink and based on player performance on the course. Play with your friends in a private group or test your skills in one of our public groups. Whether you want to play for prizes, glory or bragging rights PGA TOUR Fantasy is the only live fantasy game where the outcome of each shot matters.

Official Rules: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/#/roster/rules

Tried to join, but the password was incorrect (and the league names is still showing as island guys

Players play, tough players win!

• Administrator

There's a 2018 topic, but @gogolfing and another are working out the details.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Is that an active topic/thread on this board??

Because this is what I see
¯\_(シ)_/¯ 

5a42c8d136bd1_TSTthread.JPG.158179aad61c60e5ecf9587a8eee6892.JPG

I might have deleted it and told them to decide between themselves and to start one when they've come to a conclusion.

The Golf Channel league might be the way to go, as it hasn't started yet.

@gogolfing and @Undr Par will hopefully figure it out here shortly.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

@gogolfing count me in again.  Thanks for keeping the TST league going.   :beer:

This is not the page for the 2018 league.

That one will be announced later this week.

Note: This thread is 2323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!