IGNORED

TST 2017 Fantasy Golf

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 2312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here we go folks! It's that time of year again....Christmas? Nope, time to sign up for the Sandtrap 2017 Fantasy Golf League. This is our ninth year, and as a group, we are one of the most competitive in the Yahoo league. What you need to know for sign in:

Go to http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

Create a team, and then go to join a league. It will ask for the following information:

Group ID:          1290

Name:               The Sandtrap

Password:        bunker

There is a limit to 50 players. Good luck to all. @Club Rat @Warren Zevon @DaveP043 @Wally Fairway @Shindig @SavvySwede  @RandallT @Avalanche @pumaAttack @the fish  @tigerrag  @Toffeelover @coachjimsc @kpaulhus @J M Brown @ev780 

Let's get this going....tag anyone else who may be interested. 

For those new to the format, here are the logistics, as ripped off from @sjduffers from last year's thread:

You pick a new team each week: 2 in group A, 4 in group B and 2 in group C.  Then prior to each round, you must decide which 4 players (1 in A, 2 in B and 1 in C) are active for that round while the other 4 are sitting out. You get points for the distance between the lowest scorer of the day and each of your players, so if one of your players has the lowest round of the day, you get 20 points. If a player is 2 strokes behind behind the lowest scorer, you get 16 points for that player, 3 strokes behind and you get 14 points, and if you are 10 strokes behind (it happens!), you get 0.  Add it all up for the 4 active players.

Make sure to check your line-up after the cut and before the 3rd round starts or you could be with fewer (or none at all!) players in position to get any points over the weekend, as a cut player (or WD) obviously doesn't get within 10 strokes of the better round over each day of the weekend...

Also, you get bonus points for having started (any round, not just the final round) any of the top 3 players (and ties), with 20 for the winner, 10 for the runner-up and 5 for the 3-place finishers.

Some other things to note: you get a maximum 10 starts for any player for the year, and the A, B, and C groups are not always by world ranking....example, I believe Rory was in the B Group last year. 

The field is usually set properly on Yahoo the Monday afternoon prior to the start of the tournament, so wait until then. Be wary of the Expert Picks on Yahoo....a good chunk of us in TST league finish better than they do. PGA Tour usually has a good summary of the field and track record of the players in the field. When you sign up, you can choose to get reminder emails one or two days prior to set your roster...I'd recommend this....forgetting to set your roster, and burning a start on a guy not playing is the worst!

• Upvote 1

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

@Strat-Pack Rick here is what you were asking about in late November.....come on board!

• iacas pinned this topic

Just looking at the Groupings this year, and to my point earlier, Groups not based solely on World Rankings. Speith is in the B group along with Matsuyama and Rose, and Sergio and Koepka are in the C group, while Colt Nost is in the A group along with Kyle Riefers and Smylie Kaufman. One of the things that has to be considered with strategy is managing starts with the 10 start limit per player. 

1 hour ago, gogolfing said:

Here we go folks! It's that time of year again....Christmas? Nope, time to sign up for the Sandtrap 2017 Fantasy Golf League. This is our ninth year, and as a group, we are one of the most competitive in the Yahoo league. What you need to know for sign in:

Go to http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

Create a team, and then go to join a league. It will ask for the following information:

Group ID:          1290

Name:               The Sandtrap

Password:        bunker

:banana:   Thanks Scott, looking forward to another fun season.

Made a change this year to a new (somewhat) team name.
AKA,  "The Rat is Back" and feeling good about this year.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, gogolfing said:

@Strat-Pack Rick here is what you were asking about in late November.....come on board!

Im in !! Thanks alot for the heads up !! Hit Em Good !!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Seven entered on day one....a good start. 

In it to win it.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Bump ...
Join the TST 2017 Fantasy Golf ... Fun - Fun - Fun

@Golfingdad @Wanzo @Patch @Rainmaker @Gunther @Kalnoky @Abu3baid @shanksalot @Strat-Pack Rick @HitAndGiggle @Hacker James @lee34 @Hategolf @boogielicious @Ernest Jones @NCGolfer and everyone and anyone.

Join the fun....  :beer:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

1 minute ago, Club Rat said:

Bump ...

@Golfingdad @Wanzo @Patch @Rainmaker @Gunther @Kalnoky @Abu3baid @shanksalot @Strat-Pack Rick @HitAndGiggle @Hacker James @lee34 @Hategolf @boogielicious @Ernest Jones @NCGolfer and everyone and anyone.

@Club Rat Im in !!  Strat-Pack

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Never played before, but i'll give it a shot.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

32 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

Never played before, but i'll give it a shot.

Its a lot of fun ! You will be addicted just like the rest of us , haha

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

In, although I too have never participated in a fantasy league.  What the hell.  Thanks for the heads-up!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

2 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Bump ...

Alright, alright...i'm in.  :-)

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I bet Alex Noren doesnt sneak up on anybody this year, OOPS.   Kidding, Dude did play great last year. Bet he has a larger state side schedule this year.

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

I'll give it a shot.  

If I read everything correctly you have to set your line up before each round correct?  If that's the case are you only allowed to use a player for 10 tournaments or for 10 rounds?

Note: This thread is 2312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!