Jump to content
IGNORED

Bogey Golfers Only (Index 16-22) / Breaking 90 Topic


Recommended Posts

Had a personal best 82 last week. Felt great playing like that. 2 double-bogeys the whole round, lots of bogeys, lots of pars and 1 birdie. Even got up and down for par a few good times. 

Haven't played that clean in I can't remember how long. Here's what puzzles me tho... I hadn't picked up a club in over a month. Decided to play a round that day out of the clear blue. No time on the range to warm up, no practice puts or anything... Just went straight to the first tee and played really relaxed golf for the whole round. 

That ever happen to anyone else? Its just so counter-intuitive to me. You want to think that the more you practice, the better you will perform... then something like this happens... lol, but don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am the original thread poster and have been away for a while.  After I retired, I gradually stopped posting here.   I found that without the work related stress, I didn't need to find solace in foru

Posted Images

1 hour ago, divot dave said:

 

That ever happen to anyone else? Its just so counter-intuitive to me. You want to think that the more you practice, the better you will perform... then something like this happens... lol, but don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. 

Happened to me a month ago - shot a PB after not touching a club for a month. That said - I got really streaky lucky that day. Fell apart after that round though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, divot dave said:

Had a personal best 82 last week. Felt great playing like that. 2 double-bogeys the whole round, lots of bogeys, lots of pars and 1 birdie. Even got up and down for par a few good times. 

Haven't played that clean in I can't remember how long. Here's what puzzles me tho... I hadn't picked up a club in over a month. Decided to play a round that day out of the clear blue. No time on the range to warm up, no practice puts or anything... Just went straight to the first tee and played really relaxed golf for the whole round. 

That ever happen to anyone else? Its just so counter-intuitive to me. You want to think that the more you practice, the better you will perform... then something like this happens... lol, but don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. 

Happens to me all of the time. Most of my best rounds have come off a layoff. I can't explain it other than, like you said, I am simply playing more relaxed and not thinking too much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

55 minutes ago, alleztom said:

Happened to me a month ago - shot a PB after not touching a club for a month. That said - I got really streaky lucky that day. Fell apart after that round though.

precisely what I'm afraid of lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played a local par 3 course with my daughter yesterday. It's amazing that I am still roughly a bogey golfer even when every hole is between 50 and 100 yds in length. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Boy, it's always something, isn't it?

Two Saturdays ago, I did not hit ONE really good shot over an entire 18-hole round. Fought full-swing issues all day long and somehow beat it around to a 94.

Just this past Saturday, I hit the ball great and had par opportunities on 14 of the 18 holes.  The issue Saturday was not a single 4-10' putt went in.  Putts in that range are usually good for 50% make rate.  After not making a putt all morning, still was able to card an 88 on a pair of consistently mediocre 44s.  Think I had 6 pars, a couple of doubles and the rest were missed putt bogies!

Again, it's always something!

dave

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

91 again saturday...had more pars than usual but also more doubles.  The scorecard basically read double-par-double-par-double-bogey-par repeat with random birdie that fell in the hole from about 25ft.  punched greens were a challenge but it was my approach shots that hurt.  GIR and NGIR accounted for the pars. Shanks, pushes, pulls, for the approaches caused the doubles.  Only 2-3 bad drives that resulted in drops or chip outs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was away on vacation in Disney World with the family and had an opportunity to play the Lake Buena Vista course twice while I was there.  Neither day was great... but neither was awful.  

I shot a 92 on Wednesday that included 40 putts.  The greens are still healing from being punched, so I kinda duffed it around on the greens.  My ball striking was pretty on, though... so, I shot a fairly decent score.

On Friday, I shot a 94 which included 33 putts.  I wasn't very consistent off the tee that day, but made up for it around the greens a bit.

I came home and played a tournament yesterday with the Golfweek Amateur Tour.  I shot an 86 and won the C Flight for my first ever tournament victory!  Things really came together yesterday.  If it weren't for the 3 triples and the double I had, I would have shot something really special.  

My index is now trending to 15.8 and should be there tomorrow when the revision comes out, but my next round will knock the lowest differential (8.1) from my index so it'll head back up a bit after that.

I'll probably be resting until after Father's Day due to work... but the following weekend, I'm back at it in a two-day tournament, so I'll be out at some point next week to work on my game a bit.

CY

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Fairway_CY said:

I was away on vacation in Disney World with the family and had an opportunity to play the Lake Buena Vista course twice while I was there.  Neither day was great... but neither was awful.  

I shot a 92 on Wednesday that included 40 putts.  The greens are still healing from being punched, so I kinda duffed it around on the greens.  My ball striking was pretty on, though... so, I shot a fairly decent score.

On Friday, I shot a 94 which included 33 putts.  I wasn't very consistent off the tee that day, but made up for it around the greens a bit.

I came home and played a tournament yesterday with the Golfweek Amateur Tour.  I shot an 86 and won the C Flight for my first ever tournament victory!  Things really came together yesterday.  If it weren't for the 3 triples and the double I had, I would have shot something really special.  

My index is now trending to 15.8 and should be there tomorrow when the revision comes out, but my next round will knock the lowest differential (8.1) from my index so it'll head back up a bit after that.

I'll probably be resting until after Father's Day due to work... but the following weekend, I'm back at it in a two-day tournament, so I'll be out at some point next week to work on my game a bit.

CY

Great score at the tournament, congrats on the victory.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf is a highly mental and emotional game.  It matters even more than equipment and how much you practice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Played last Friday and shot an 86.  Best score this year.  Came after I shot 3 consecutive rounds of 98 to 106....I needed this to keep me going...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got out this morning, only had time for 9 but hit a 42, 6 over with only 1 double boggey which was on the last hole.

Seems like if I play by myself or in a two some I play much better then when in a 3 or 4 some. I just cant seem to get in a rhythm that way. Anybody else have that problem, any tips on how to stay in a groove or rythm?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/12/2016 at 8:21 PM, tdiii said:

86 today with a personal best 42 on the back nine. On the heels of a truly dispiriting 104 my last round, this felt pretty good. 

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/tdiii/round/966400

 

Wow, 71 and 50%? Man, that's pretty awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Wow, 71 and 50%? Man, that's pretty awesome.

That's the glass half-full view.  The glass half-empty view is that I'm losing almost 5 strokes around TO A 15 HANDICAP with my short game. . .

But really, I was pretty happy and appreciate the kudos. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, tdiii said:

That's the glass half-full view.  The glass half-empty view is that I'm losing almost 5 strokes around TO A 15 HANDICAP with my short game. . .

But really, I was pretty happy and appreciate the kudos. 

Yeah, I understand that frustration. I should be a bit under a 15 hc instead of where I am but putting isn't my friend.

Untitled.jpg

And if I could get putting and my short game in order I could be around a 10 hc :mad:

Untitled.jpg

But, such is golf, and at least I know I'm improving because those numbers were much worse a couple months ago!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 9 holes after work, wasn't hitting the driver very well mostly but kept it mostly out of trouble. Only real hiccups were a 3 putt on 5 and  getting greedy on the 2nd shot on 8 and hitting a low runner into the pond. Walked off the 9th green carding a 3 over 39.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/973011

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/13/2016 at 10:37 AM, Braivo said:

I played a local par 3 course with my daughter yesterday. It's amazing that I am still roughly a bogey golfer even when every hole is between 50 and 100 yds in length. 

This. WTH, right?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas changed the title to Bogey Golfers Only (Index 16-22) / Breaking 90 Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Day 373 - January 16, 2021 Mach 3 stuff to demonstrate, not for me (I’ll do mine tomorrow), then in the few minutes I had between juniors and a group of five adults, hit about 15 balls. Less exaggerated than the previous time(s).
    • Good advice.  Lay a towel a couple of inches behind the ball when you practice.   It will be an eye opener.
    • Oh no...here comes the ‘ he was the greatest ball striker of all time’ talk....
    • Ok so I went out today and played a few holes.  Been videoing my swing and I’m seeing definite improvement.  I’m not flipping anymore and I’m starting to take divots after the ball.  On my good shots now I’m pulling in the ball left.  Any ideas why that would be?  I go to my pro for second lesson on Monday so I will get his input obviously.  Just curious if anyone else has had this issue.
    • I don't know much about endorsements, but despite that bit on the bottom, I don't think Thomas will be signing with Ralph Lauren again.  
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. 68begin
      68begin
      (73 years old)
    2. adam3553
      adam3553
      (35 years old)
    3. alezaiii
      alezaiii
      (39 years old)
    4. cmoneygo
      cmoneygo
      (38 years old)
    5. El Mucho
      El Mucho
      (37 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...