Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wanzo

2017 NFL Playoffs

Note: This thread is 1104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

77 posts / 6419 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Just now, saevel25 said:

Steve Young started out in the USFL league before it went under. He was not in the draft from college to the NFL. 

Yeah and that wasn't the NFL's fault, he signed the deal with USFL before the NFL held its draft for his class.

 

It doesn't matter anyway, a 6th round pick making 7 superbowl appearances and winning 5 of them is still more impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, saevel25 said:

Steve Young started out in the USFL league before it went under. He was not in the draft from college to the NFL. 

But not only did you dismiss the point of @Strandly's post, it's not even right, in spirit or letter.  He was one of the two or three best players coming out of college so were it not for the USFL he would have been drafted very high up in the first round had he not chosen that route.  Secondly, when the NFL had a supplemental draft to attract USFL players, he was chosen first overall.

And as @boogielicious mentioned ... he didn't "win" three Super Bowls.  He won one, and he held a clipboard for Joe Montana for two others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Golfingdad said:

But not only did you dismiss the point of @Strandly's post, it's not even right, in spirit or letter.  He was one of the two or three best players coming out of college so were it not for the USFL he would have been drafted very high up in the first round had he not chosen that route.  Secondly, when the NFL had a supplemental draft to attract USFL players, he was chosen first overall.

And as @boogielicious mentioned ... he didn't "win" three Super Bowls.  He won one, and he held a clipboard for Joe Montana for two others.

He was a terrific QB though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Come on now.  This isn't even remotely accurate.

I have to admit you are sharp!

A special supplemental draft was held in 1984 and SY was drafted first overall by the Bucks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

And as @boogielicious mentioned ... he didn't "win" three Super Bowls.  He won one, and he held a clipboard for Joe Montana for two others.

He was on the team, so he got a ring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

Just admit that your point was torn apart and let's move on :)

Why not? If he didn't win then he should give it back right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Steve Young started out in the USFL league before it went under. He was not in the draft from college to the NFL. 

5d30ac6f4593cb1aa330ee878003034c.jpg 

S.Y. with the L.A. Express. I was still young and full of life back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

He was on the team, so he got a ring. 

lol  Oh wow what a stretch.

 

13 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Why not? If he didn't win then he should give it back right? 

You really gonna double down on that silly argument?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

As are Montana's "silicone spray on the O-line jerseys" admission and Jerry "Stick-um" Rice admission, and the 70s Steelers Steroids admission (they were my fav team BTW).

That wasn't illegal in the 70s. Nothing ever happened, let alone players being suspended, the organization fined, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

But not only did you dismiss the point of @Strandly's post, it's not even right, in spirit or letter.  He was one of the two or three best players coming out of college so were it not for the USFL he would have been drafted very high up in the first round had he not chosen that route.  Secondly, when the NFL had a supplemental draft to attract USFL players, he was chosen first overall.

And as @boogielicious mentioned ... he didn't "win" three Super Bowls.  He won one, and he held a clipboard for Joe Montana for two others.

I've always said that since Jimmy Garoppolo has 2 Super Bowls he's better than Dan Marino. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So golfers say Brady is not the GOAT, but 4 NFL HOF'ers say he is, the same day he wins, and the list grows. Yeah, I value the golfers opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2017 at 4:18 PM, Groucho Valentine said:

The patriots kicker cost me $175 bucks when he missed that damned extra point. They shouldn't have won just because of that. 

I am the unluckiest football square player ever. I have never won any money. If I have the right numbers, with one second left, something will happen and the score will change!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I am the unluckiest football square player ever. I have never won any money. If I have the right numbers, with one second left, something will happen and the score will change!

I won $300 in squares and then some crazy Steelers fan decided he hated the Patriots more than the Ravens and gave me $300 cash to burn my Brady Jersey (which I bought back in 2004).  So I ended up with $600 cash. So it was a good night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I won $300 in squares and then some crazy Steelers fan decided he hated the Patriots more than the Ravens and gave me $300 cash to burn my Brady Jersey (which I bought back in 2004).  So I ended up with $600 cash. So it was a good night.

Nice! Money off of someone else's rage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...