IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Punch out of the trees with a 7 iron that I managed to get 117 yards out of. Which is better than it likely sounds because backswing was hindered by a tree. It left me 64 yards from the green and I got it up and down.

Have had a couple holes like this lately. The day before I hit a somewhat poor drive that was not right behind but close to a thin tree about 20 feet high. Of course I clipped it and it kicked the ball right and it dropped about 40 yards shorter than average distance for that club. I took my time looking at the resulting pitch and holed it from 47 yards for birdie.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Long and left in the greenside bunker on a 200 yard par 3, 20 yards to the pin with the false front of the green just a couple of paces behind it. Carry it about two thirds of the way, checks, and dribbles into the hole for a birdie.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

After hitting an awful tee shot into a forced carry hazard on a par 4, I dropped a ball and had something like 265 to the green. I got a pretty good lie, so I decided to hit a 3 wood to try to make up distance fast. I absolutely nailed it and managed to get it onto the front of the green (green was downhill, and I'm pretty sure ball hit off a hill in front of the green to there as well - there's no way that was all carry). 2 putts, and got a bogey. Didn't led to a par, so it's not spectacular, but it was a pretty nice recovery from what could have easily been a double bogey, or worse.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I would have to say my best shot was my approach shot on 7th hole from about 136 yds with my 8 iron that I put about 6 feet from the flag. The other one was on 16, with my gap wedge from 108 that I put 5 feet from the flag.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Hoping to get a round in tomorrow morning before the rain but today got a full round in and on the 12th par 3- 184 yards to pin and about 175 to the front of the green and I hit a dead straight solid 6 iron that bounced right on the front of the green and rolled up to about 2-3 feet from the hole. Only birdie of the day.

I had a nice round of golf at Bosque Real Country club on Friday. There is a short uphill par 5 on this course which plays more like a par 4 if you can get your drive up in the air. I managed to do just that on the first round, getting my ball up to the 3rd level. Hitting a PW as a second shot on a Par 5 just felt weird, and I ended up needing 4 more shots to get into the hole, but the drive was just beautiful, about 220 yards steep uphill, would have gone 300 easy on a flat hole.

I also had a 2nd shot to play from a fairway bunker which I landed about 3 feet from the hole and was quite happy with that too.

My sole birdie of the day......... #6 at Drumm Farm GC is a 220yd par 3 on the card, but the pin was in the narrow front pin position today. The green is only about 15' wide in the front portion of the green and it's difficult to hit!!

I shot 209 to the pin with the laser.  It was a chilly damp late-afternoon with temps in the 50's...(ball not go far)   I hit 5-wood pin-high 7-9' from the pin.............DRAINO!  My first birdie on this hole in 2015, although a did manage a miraculous 4 hitting 3 from the tee when the hole played 227yds......LOL

This deuce qualifies for my shots of the week.......1 for a great tee shot, and 2 for not choking and missing the makeable birdie attempt!  (which aren't common on this hole)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Here's the hole.

Playing the gold tee there is trees to the right of the tee box that don't allow you to cut the corner so typically the play is 3 hybrid/long iron off the tee then an iron to lay up to go for it in three.

My round didn't start off well i was 5 over through 4 holes, I decided to make an aggressive play... i hit a cut driver perfectly off the tee that left me 260 to the green, i then hit a perfect 3 wood over the water to get on in two then drained the putt for an eagle to get back to 3 over.  Complete turn around for my round.

I had a best shot yesterday :-)

Hit my drive too much to the left that kept me a 140y shot to the green from the semi rough. There was one big problem, because I could not hit the ball higher then 2 yards high because of the tree my ball was under. Decided to hit a low shot with my 5 wood, that ended on the green 9 feet from the cup and made birdie. It was on the 18th hole, so I walked with a big smile to the terrace and ordered a beer to celebrate. :dance:

Dang...it's hard to choose the best shots from yesterday and today because I had a few that qualify!!!!

Yesterday:

178yd par 3............6 iron to 2'..........easy tap-in.

Today

1.  The 5th hole....uphill 408yd par 4......the drive wasn't my best, but in the fairway.   7-iron to 2ft.....easy birdie

2. 7th hole..... holed a greenside bunker shot from a deep bunker without much green to work with............Schwwwwing!

3. 10th hole.....chipped-in from off the green.  The easiest shot from this list, but it was still a hole-out from off the green and my second zero putt of the day.

Maybe my favorite:

4. 18th hole....a reachable par5, but it's into the wind so I swing at 100%!  Reality is I cant reach in 2 because of the wind, but I swing for the fences anyway...Maybe I'll get a first bounce on a sprinkler head??   LOL....I hit the worst drive of the day into a hazard.   By pure luck, I find the ball plainly visible, and I have a swing to hack back into play............I punch out.............I have 198yds uphill into the wind for my 3rd shot...........and proceed to hit a majestic 4-Rescue high and soft......it hit like a beanbag 10 feet from the pin on the proper shelf of a shallow 2-tier green....and make the putt............easy birdie!!!!   hahahahaha.......that one felt especially good!!!!!  BAM!  Love it...snatching a birdie from bogeys grasp felt good!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

For this week, easy call for me:

Yesterday...no. 16...184 yds par 3...slightly uphill, into a 1 club wind...all water carry.  This is always a very tough hole for me.  I hit a 5 iron to 6 feet...the ball never left the flag...And I made the putt...Woo Hoo!

:beer:

Red

First round of the year. Playing a par 3 course that I have played for many years. This is what was left for me on the longest hole on the course, a 215 yard hole. Pretty impressed with myself. :) And I sunk the putt!

#1: Wild Turkey #4.   Holed 20yard pitch with 58° ... over bunker to elevated green with downward sloping green to short sided pin.   Probably my best chip in ever due to degree of difficulty & thought that went into executing the shot & actually pulling it off  ...

#2: Shawnee #9 (white course).   202 yd uphill par 3 (it's a monster for guys playing from white tee's).    Pin was way back left ... pured 2h to 6 ft - missed putt, but epic drive at my skill level.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I played my first round of nine for the season yesterday. The 5th hole is a straight 385 par 4 with an elevated green. Hitting a short drive into, the middle of the fairway; I was left with 190 yards to go. Normally, I choose my 5 iron or 5 wood, leaving me short or long; because I don't hit my 4 iron very well. Today I said it was all about having fun, so I pulled out the 4 iron. I took a couple extra practice swings and double checked my target line. To my surprise the ball sailed with perfect trajectory and landed right by the pin. Up at the green I found my ball mark was about 4 feet left and a couple feet short. The ball stopped within 10 feet of the hole. I screwed up my putts and ended with bogey, but I was left very satisfied with that 4 iron shot.

I don't usually post here, but in an otherwise dismal round of golf today there was one bright spot today.

Teed off on a very short par 5 and sliced the driver into the woods. Drove my provisional down the center of the fairway. That ended up being my 3rd shot as I couldn't find the first. I had a bit over 200 yards to a hidden green and decided to use my 3 wood instead of laying up for my 4th.

Knew it had a chance as soon as it left the club. No side spin, just straight at where I knew the green was. I was a little worried it might have gone through, but I walked over the hill and sure enough, I was on in 4. I'd have to guess at the distance, but the putt was way beyond my range - or so I thought. Ended up sinking it to make par. While penalties are a regular occurrence in my game, getting up and down with one isn't.

Jon

Playing a team match and I am one up through 16 and playing a 499 yard downhill par 5. My opponent is a young bomber who will certainly have a shot to the green with a good drive. I hit a pretty decent 250 yarder (downwind) off the tee but I just don't have the shot in my bag to go for the green, particularly because there is a hazard short of the green. My opponent is only 185 out after a +300 bomb to the middle of the fairway. I go to lay up with an 8-iron and hit my worst shot of the day, taking a huge divot and hitting a fatso to about 187 out. So now I have to hit my third before my opponent hits his second and I have to use my 4 hybrid, which I have been avoiding most of the day because the club has not been kind to me recently. But I settle down and make a nice swing and hit a high cut to about 10 feet. My opponent blinks and hits a pull hook about 20 yards left of the green with his second shot. He recovers and hits the next shot on the green, but we half the hole and I hold on for a half on 18 to win the match. Kid can't believe he lost to a geezer. Fun stuff.

Bill M