IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Yesterday at the Par 4 - Number 3 (310 Yds White tees) hole at SGCC, playing in the Couples Championship, hit my drive over the bunker to about 45 yards from the green.  Second shot with my 58 degree wedge landed on the front of the green and tracked and rolled into the cup for an Eagle (2).

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Best and Worst Shots of the Week

Hole #5, River Forest. 150 uphill from a lie with the ball slightly above my feet.

Best shot of the week:  The ball hit the pin and landed 4 feet away. :dance:

Worst shot of the week:  Missed the putt. :doh:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Yesterday I hit a 9 iron on Falls Road GC hole 9, a 120 yard par 3.  As it was in the air and going towards the pin, my playing partner kept yelling "Go in the hole!".  It was all over the flag but didn't quite make it.  I was left with a 4 footer for birdie.  Sadly I missed the putt.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Finally holed out from a greenside bunker - took me 4-1/2 years & ~ 500 rounds.

Bunkers hard as a rock, shortsided, so pulled the 64°, intentionally took bounce out of play due to firmness of bunker, went at it hard ... two hop & plop.

Another one checked off the list ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

The longest par 3 on the course......

This par3 plays to 247yds from tips and can stretch to 260+yds if the pin is back.

I played the forward 220yd tees and I had 231yds to a pin located towards the back of the green.  The wind was blowing hard straight-IN!!   (thankfully the wind was blowing because this was a very warm muggy morning)   I hit 3-wood and had to hit it solid to get back there into the wind....... I busted it to 20'...............and made the putt for a DEUCE!    Definitely my "Best TWO" strokes of the day!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

The Senior League has let me in a year early.

On Friday, after a solid drive on a short par 4, I skulled a PW over the green. I ended up 40 yards behind the green, down hill and just a foot from the lake. (Worst shot???)

From there, I take a half-swing with an AW shot and land it 6 feet to the left pin, saving the day. (My best shot of week)

After the round, a teammate gave rousing rendition of the shot in the clubhouse. League members voted it the shot of the day.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

on Saturday I was at a 325 yard par4 and the hole is a strong dogleg right. so knowing how badly I sliced my driver, I figured hitting it would slice it into the fairway. I had already done this once that day and missed a 30' putt for birdie and ended up just barely sinking my par putt., anyway, boy was I wrong about the slice, I pummeled it straight forward well past the Hazard into the swampy trees. I Took a drop in the designated drop zone next to the Hazard, and had a 201 yard approach. It's a 6 iron for me. now a note about my thought on this particular shot. the drop zone is set up behind the trees in a little cove almost, right where the Hazard stake was. I decided to hit a draw on this blind shot. I hit the ball a little bit fat but it only landed 2 yards from the green, and rolled, and rolled, and rolled, until it was 6 inches from the pin. best shot of the month for me

135 yd to tiny significantly elevated green - can barely see the top of the flag ... its a much harder approach than I can put into words.   Never been able to pull off this approach shot - usually on the wrong side of the fairway & a tree makes it almost impossible.   Finally was on correct side of fairway & it was a green light pin - pured a 9i & pulled it off ... rolled to 4' & missed the birdie putt.    Didn't even bother me, I was so excited to finally get in proper scoring position on this dastardly hole...

John

Almost had a hole in one on Saturday, a 145 yard uphill shot playing close to 160, but that wasn't what I consider my best shot of the week. Yesterday I was in a Club Championship flight match and it went to extra holes. When we got to the par 5 third hole I put myself at a disadvantage by messing up my second shot and had to layup short of the green. My opponent hit three good shots and had a 10 foot birdie putt. I had about 85 yards to a pin tucked back left and I hit a beautiful sand wedge to about two feet. Thankfully, he missed the birdie and I beat him on the next hole.

Bill M

Hole #5: River Forest CC, Freeport, PA

My tee ball hit the right side of the fairway, I had an uphill shot that left me 170 yards remaining to the pin. Pulled out my hybrid and hit a high, soft shot that was pin high, 12 feet from the hole.  Missed the putt.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Hole 9, Grove course at Treesdale Golf and CC. Had a great nine going and it's a par 4, both shots over water. Hit the fairway, hit thru the green with my approach so I am in the rough 4 inches off the fringe in an uneven lie. I turn the putter 90 degrees and hit it with the toe out of the rough and approx 35 feet downhill,side hill to 18 inches to save par and one of the better nines of the recent past.

—Adam

I just got done playing a few hours ago.   I'm glad I got another 18 in today because I finally did it.   The hole is listed as a par 4 at 245 yards.  It doglegs to the left and up the hill.  The green probably cannot be driven the way the local rule is governed.  Well, at least not by my talents.  All tee shots must be to the right of a pole (to protect #4 green).  You lose a stroke flirting with trying to cut the corner too sharply.  I tee'd off with a nice easy driver swing.  I don't trust much else to get to the corner.  lol  Any approach to the right of the green has your next shot rolling off the green unless your a flop guru.  The left side is hill with very thick grass.  The pin is usually tucked right near the front.  My gps said it was 92 yards and Game Golf had it a little shorter.  It was acting a little wacky this evening because I had to edit a bunch of holes with weird readings.  I have been trying something new the last few days.  Normally, I would take a club that was my max distance and take a full crack at it.  They would come straight down and not roll much at all.  Being a high handicapper, those type of swings usually leads to some real ugly shots.  I have been going two clubs stronger but taking a half to 3/4 swing.  Much more control from this end and I'm still dialing in the distances.  For this one, I took an 8 iron.  I seen it disappear and make a loud smack.  I had a good feeling it was in there but I waited for my two playing partners to hit before riding up for a look.  When I was heading up the cart path I took a look around for a orange ball and none was to be found on the green or around it.  I still grabbed my putter and sand wedge just in case.  lol  It was a slam dunk for my first ever Eagle.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/srx700xxx/round/492914?hole_id=18749635

The rest of the round was par for the course, it sucked!

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I just got done playing a few hours ago.   I'm glad I got another 18 in today because I finally did it.   The hole is listed as a par 4 at 245 yards.  It doglegs to the left and up the hill.  The green probably cannot be driven the way the local rule is governed.  Well, at least not by my talents.  All tee shots must be to the right of a pole (to protect #4 green).  You lose a stroke flirting with trying to cut the corner too sharply.  I tee'd off with a nice easy driver swing.  I don't trust much else to get to the corner.  lol  Any approach to the right of the green has your next shot rolling off the green unless your a flop guru.  The left side is hill with very thick grass.  The pin is usually tucked right near the front.  My gps said it was 92 yards and Game Golf had it a little shorter.  It was acting a little wacky this evening because I had to edit a bunch of holes with weird readings.  I have been trying something new the last few days.  Normally, I would take a club that was my max distance and take a full crack at it.  They would come straight down and not roll much at all.  Being a high handicapper, those type of swings usually leads to some real ugly shots.  I have been going two clubs stronger but taking a half to 3/4 swing.  Much more control from this end and I'm still dialing in the distances.  For this one, I took an 8 iron.  I seen it disappear and make a loud smack.  I had a good feeling it was in there but I waited for my two playing partners to hit before riding up for a look.  When I was heading up the cart path I took a look around for a orange ball and none was to be found on the green or around it.  I still grabbed my putter and sand wedge just in case.  lol  It was a slam dunk for my first ever Eagle.   [URL=http://www.gamegolf.com/player/srx700xxx/round/492914?hole_id=18749635]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/srx700xxx/round/492914?hole_id=18749635[/URL] The rest of the round was par for the course, it sucked!

Congrats on the Eagle!

60' greenside bunker shot

Too far out for a SW, so used GW

Bossed it up to 2 inches for tap in birdie

May have been best shot of year due to degree of difficulty due to length of shot, deep bunker & super hard sand.

John

On Sunday I had ~130 yards FOG on a par 5 where I was playing my fifth shot as I'd gone 3 off the tee.  I have two shots on this hole being a 28 handicapper and was on a role with point scoring having gone three 3 pointers in a row.  I wanted at least a point on the hole to keep going.

The shot was blind and the flag looked as though it was in the middle of the green.  Lie wasn't great, in the rough little bit of mud.  I committed to trying to hit the centre of the green and hit my 8 iron full.  It looked good in the air but still wouldn't know until I got to the green.

Rounding the corner there it was lying 9-10 feet from the hole, potential 3 points still on offer after going 3 off the tee.

P.s. I two putted for 2 points!

Yesterday at men's league, playing a par 4 from 275yds.  Bunkers are front and left of green with green sloping left to right.  So a hard green to hit off the tee.  Pin is back and I took 3wood off the tee and nailed it perfectly.  A nice little draw and it lands just onto the left side of the green and rolls to the back middle, leaving a sliding left to right downhill putt for eagle.  I'd been leaving putts short and offline all day to this point, but I guess I had the perfect speed and line, because it just barely rolled into the cup!  It certainly helped my score as I'd had several 3 putts already that round.

• Upvote 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!