IGNORED

I love Golf!!

stayblessed
Note: This thread is 2617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like it a whole lot more since I have retired.   I don't play everyday but my membership let me play each round for under $10.     

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Showboat12 said:

Retired people.

Ehhhhh, maybe, maybe not! My buddy and I are both retired. His Son, who is 41, had a week's vacation coming last year, so we made the arrangements and golfed it up big time! We played 6 days out of 7, and after that stretch I was ready for traction!

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak!

• Upvote 2

When the courses open for the year around here (North Dakota), I try to get out and do something everyday.  Whether it be chipping and putting for an hour, range session, or get a quick 9 holes in I try to do something daily.  Not sure if that qualifies as "playing" daily.

16 hours ago, Showboat12 said:

Retired people.

Not true, but we would like to. I have the time and the energy, but like most people of a certain age our bodies are falling apart. I can only presume that the person who started the thread has just had a bad day, and his next thread may be "I hate Golf" :-D

• Upvote 1

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

When it's warm enough I probably play at least 5 days out of the week.  Tend to splurge on the weekends, which can occasionally lead to a bit of soreness (walking 10-15 miles in a day with a bag of steel strapped to your back) can become taxing after awhile.

Typically though, it's play 9 holes after work, unless it's mid summer then I might get 18 in.  For what it's worth, walking 9 holes in the evening takes just a bit over an hour on average, so it's not that time consuming to play most days.  I'm 27, and very much not retired.

Edited by baller7345

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

18 hours ago, stayblessed said:

Who plays golf every day?

I did for about a year and a half or so (sometimes 2 rounds per day with the rare 54 holes), but at this point if it's raining really hard, no way. Even if there's only mud on the ground, I'd hesitate after my slippery round last Saturday. . .

Even if I was retired, I think I have too many other things I enjoy as well, so golf would only be a twice a week play and twice a week practice type of thing. It wouldn't be any different than now since I usually have a pretty flexible schedule. Of course, if I have a rush project at work, I have to work 18 or more hours a day until it's done, or travel. Or if family stuff doesn't involve golf, then no golf on those days as well.

Speaking of which my entire family likes to golf, so it's not uncommon for us to golf frequently. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I think twice a week and one other day at the range would be just about right.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

5 hours ago, baller7345 said:

When it's warm enough I probably play at least 5 days out of the week.  Tend to splurge on the weekends, which can occasionally lead to a bit of soreness (walking 10-15 miles in a day with a bag of steel strapped to your back) can become taxing after awhile.

Typically though, it's play 9 holes after work, unless it's mid summer then I might get 18 in.  For what it's worth, walking 9 holes in the evening takes just a bit over an hour on average, so it's not that time consuming to play most days.  I'm 27, and very much not retired.

This is a good point. I played a lot of golf, or did something golf related, nearly every day around that age. I'd get out of work, go home and change clothes. If I had time I might drink a beer in the chaise lounge. Then, off to Mill Creek, 36 holes so I could always find a quiet 9 to walk. Playing never took more than an hour and a half if no one held me up.

And Lihu made another good point. I do have other interests. Mid April to mid May is morel time around here, and I'm out pounding the ground looking for those tasty little buggers! I also like to fish, and am currently looking for a small kayak to use for small stream fishing.

Id get burned out playing every day.  My goal this year is to play once per week and if I don't play,  I want to at least hit the range.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

I don't/can't play every day. Now days it's at least twice a week, sometimes three, and every once in while 4 times in a week. I play 99% of my rounds during Monday-Thursday. If I play 4 times in a week, I am pretty sore a couple of days after that 72nd hole. 

My goal back in October was to play 8-12 rounds a month for the next 12 months, while throwing in some practice time too. I wanted see just how much I could improve, with a little more dedication to my game. My last "Golf Hurrah" so to speak.

I was side tracked with health issues in November, December, and January. 3 monthly trips to the ER took it's toll on my game physically. (PUP) Bad cough, kidney stone/ dehydration, and some flu like virus crud I caught, in that order. 

February is looking good, healthwise, with 9 rounds in so far. Our weather has been extremely golf friendly for this early in the year. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I think playing golf everyday would burn me out. Although I think I could play golf 5 times a week and be okay. A couple days off so I can go the bar and........well you know.:beer:

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Note: This thread is 2617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!