IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Hazsa said:

It's the jacket presentation bit that does it for me. So creepy

Before or after the Skeletor puns with it?

You know, ... Masters of the Universe. 

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Phil having Bones tend the stick on his approach on 13th, prolly 100 yards out...what a tool....

Apparently he doesn't read The 'Trap.....

Tool? WTF? I could almost confidently say Phil has made more money playing golf than the whole forum and yet there are still backseat drivers. Hitting the flag there and spinning into the water would cost him big time. 

• Upvote 1

Trollin' is the life

4 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Tool? WTF? I could almost confidently say Phil has made more money playing golf than the whole forum and yet there are still backseat drivers. Hitting the flag there and spinning into the water would cost him big time. 

Agreed. Cost Tiger the tournament on #15  a few years back and Rory a stroke on #18 today.

That said, am I the only one who thought you couldn't have the flag tended when you're off the green??

32 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Phil had Bones pull a flag on an approach shot.  Again.  I hope it's for show and he doesn't actually think it's effective. 

21 minutes ago, 406pat said:

I was wondering about this. Do you think he does it because hes throwing it past the hole and he doesn't want it to hit high on the stick and spin off the green like Rory did earlier? 

I'll bet Tiger wished he had Stevie pull the flag on #15 in 2013...

• Upvote 1

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Just now, 1badbadger said:

I'll bet Tiger wished he had Stevie pull the flag on #15 in 2013...

Stevie's response to that request might have been two words, the second of which would have been "you."  I don't think he and Tiger broke up on the best of terms :-( 

Oh Rickie.  Another two revolutions and you'd have the lead. :-( 

"Just another golf course" ?!?!?!?  

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Thomas Pieters is amazing. What an interview.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Did anyone else see Si Woo Kim's wedge shot into #15?  He hit his lay-up a little long and was in the "first cut" in front of the water.  He wedged it roughly into the middle of the green and the ball zipped back a few feet.  I was surprised that the ball had that much spin from the light rough, then Peter Kostis said "looks like he made poor contact on that shot".  Granted, it wasn't a good shot, but to put that much spin on the ball from that lie he had to nip it pretty good. 

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

36 minutes ago, skydog said:

Agreed. Cost Tiger the tournament on #15  a few years back and Rory a stroke on #18 today.

That said, am I the only one who thought you couldn't have the flag tended when you're off the green??

I thought the same thing last year, but I guess the pin can be tended from anywhere, on or off the green.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Jordan back to even.  Should be a good weekend!

-- Michael | My swing! 

This is really getting fun now, and it's only Friday! Come on, Spieth!

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

3 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Would love to see Rickie win his first major this weekend.

Ditto.

Chris.:roll:

11 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Would love to see Rickie win his first major this weekend.

Same here. He had it going for a couple of years (T5 in 2014, then T12 in 2015) and then had a rough year in 2016 (T69). He's got the game, the experience, and a great attitude. Lots of good players lurking though, so will take the best he can be, which is pretty damn good.

30 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

This is really getting fun now, and it's only Friday! Come on, Spieth!

I actually love that we're on a streak of new major winners. While it's always great to see the history-making golfers repeat, it's a lot of fun to see guys who may only win one or two win at the Masters. I'm pulling for Ricky.

• Upvote 1

I love this leaderboard. With the exception of Pieters, I would be good with anyone in the top 10 winning...I don't have anything against Pieters, he's just the least compelling storyline to me.

Bubba fails as usual when he attempts humor

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/bubba-apologizes-bad-joke-after-masters-mc/?cid=rr_editorial_p3

37 minutes ago, skydog said:

I love this leaderboard. With the exception of Pieters, I would be good with anyone in the top 10 winning...I don't have anything against Pieters, he's just the least compelling storyline to me.

My worry was that the two days of blustery conditions was going to spread the field so that only a handful of players would enter the weekend with a chance of winning; thankfully, that's not what happened.

Out of the nine players under par after two rounds, the only two I would count out as serious contenders are McGirt (who's never been in this position before) and Couples (who's been in this position enough times to anticipate him fading late). Considering the groups at even par (three past champions), 1-over (McIlroy and Kuchar, plus a T7 finisher last year), and 2-over (a past champion, a two-time major winner, and Matsuyama), everyone within six strokes has a realistic shot at winning it all.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

42 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

My worry was that the two days of blustery conditions was going to spread the field so that only a handful of players would enter the weekend with a chance of winning; thankfully, that's not what happened.

Out of the nine players under par after two rounds, the only two I would count out as serious contenders are McGirt (who's never been in this position before) and Couples (who's been in this position enough times to anticipate him fading late). Considering the groups at even par (three past champions), 1-over (McIlroy and Kuchar, plus a T7 finisher last year), and 2-over (a past champion, a two-time major winner, and Matsuyama), everyone within six strokes has a realistic shot at winning it all.

I think McGrit is more likely to do something than Hoffman. They both have won on tour though. I really feel like only Freddie doesn't have a chance.

Trollin' is the life

Note: This thread is 2546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!