IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14th May:- 10 mins full swing practice. Focused on getting the clubhead outside the hands at A2 by increasing the dorsiflex in the right wrist. 

Chris.:roll:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Range work before and after playing 18

pre-work. Holding lag and taking a full swing. I am cutting off back swing

post work. Hitting 3-wood with lag. Avoid hitting ground before ball

May 15 - traveling today. Did some shoulder turn work to loosen up a bit. It's a good stretch for older bodies.  

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/15/17:

Focused on keeping my left wrist flat at the top of the swing this morning with my "spatula drill".

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

15/5/17 - 5 minutes putting downstairs on the mat, still working on start location and grip pressure.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Worked on the grip this morning with driver to stop the quick hook off the tee. Putted from inside 10 feet.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

5-15

Did about 20 minutes of mirror work on lead leg flexion and extension. That's all of the time I had for today. 

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

15 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

took extra time with pump drill to make sure that it was full body pump and not just arms. Felt really good

25 min chipping

6/11 with wife talking at me!!! There's a way to practice not letting your opponent's trash talking get to you :-O

5/11 on round two "yes, dear"

4/6 on round three "yes, I am listening"

2/2 to finish

Edited by Mico
Typo

Chipped and putted at Crooked Stick after my work shift this evening.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

5/15:  Back at it with a very long session today.... Sole focus across all work was TEMPO

At least 60 minutes of pitching games in the yard, varying ~30-45yds., at flag (and hole) target, split across 3 sessions; tempo
30 minutes full swing work w/foam balls and TourStriker p7i, at flag target; tempo
15 mins. brisk conditioning drills w/OW (a few sets w/Momentus); somewhere around 4 sets of 20 w/the OW; 2x10 w/the Momentus

Best consistency and striking practice I've had this year.  I was so confident with the tempo focus; every shot felt like very good contact with minimal effort, and the tightest dispersion I've had in a while.  I think it'd have been a low 80s day if I'd been able to play.  Let's see if I can do just that Wednesday.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

5/15: It's only Monday, but I needed a golf-fix, so after about 4-5 minutes of warm-up and slow swings, I spent about 30 minutes just hitting balls. Easy swings, picking a target and thinking about hip turn and weight transfer, but really just having fun. :content:

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

15th May:- 10 mins full swing practice. Again working on the clubhead position at A2.

Chris.:roll:

(edited)

5/16 - not been around much lately (life happens). More work on centered hip turn. Obviously shortened motion using kettle bell...

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5/16/17:

Some hybrids and 4-wood shots with limited flight balls focusing on head steady and feeling I'm staying level.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5/16: 45min at nearby club green. Worked on estimating %slope and confirming with a level. After establishing the actual read, I putted 3 balls from each location. Did variety of close, mid, and long-range putts. Seems like I sunk a far higher share of mid-range putts than I would typically do!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

May 16 - Shoulder turn work after a long ride. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

20 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

did an extra set of pumps with added emphasis on full body pump, not just arms

10 min chipping

that's all it took

7/11 first round, 8/11 second round, tidied up last three in no time

5-16

Range work on hip drills. Hit the ball okay at first then I either started thinking of other swing thoughts or just spent too much time on the range. The end of the session was terrible

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Note: This thread is 2527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!