IGNORED

Dave Pelz Green Reading Kickstarter

Note: This thread is 2512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A quick peruse doesn't reveal too much of the method, maybe I missed something, there's a line under a photo that says SEE the putt. So for $80 at the end of the year if funding reaches $212K, you'll get the materials. Not going to bite, will wait and see what others have to say. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely seems to be a 'see' rather than a 'feel' methodology.  Nice cameo from Phil in there.

I wonder how many takes that last putt took to film?  Hopefully one, right?!

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

Most people need a "hands on" approach.   A book, video and an on course guide without a teacher interaction just wouldn't cut it for me.   My Aimpoint Express was short, sweet and effective, it was "hands on" from an instructor. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

That's just what we need.  Another golf book with somebody's "secret"...

:doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

This looks like an awful deal.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Pelz prefers straight back straight through.  I don't like the feel of that.  Aim point seems to be the gold standard right now for reading...

Hes high if he thinks I will give away money for him to do research.  He's not curing cancer.

How in the hell is he planning on adding even more pages to his Putting Bible?

If he really wants money, I'd pay to have him personally come to my house to tear all the fluff out of his Short Game Bible and leave me with a twenty-page masterpiece.  I'll throw in a six-pack if he replaces all the photos of himself with someone thin enough to actually show proper positioning.

Does he need to crowdfund it as well? I think he's doing ok, no?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

In this scenario, he's not trying to get people to help him get to market, he's seeing if there is enough of a demand to warrant publishing and printing a new book

• Upvote 1

Looks like one of those Golf Channel infomercials except now it's on Kickstarter.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

15 minutes ago, MRR said:

In this scenario, he's not trying to get people to help him get to market, he's seeing if there is enough of a demand to warrant publishing and printing a new book

That's my take too.  He already has a Putting Bible that he sells for $20.  He wants to get enough pre-orders for his book/DVD/whatever package to warrant committing to the initial production run.  Heck, why risk your own money if you don't have to?  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

That's my take too.  He already has a Putting Bible that he sells for $20.  He wants to get enough pre-orders for his book/DVD/whatever package to warrant committing to the initial production run.  Heck, why risk your own money if you don't have to?  

Plus kickstarter probably gives the marketing a boost.  If he just released it on his website it might take a while to get out, but put it on kickstarter and it gets some free buzz.

Adam

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
On 5/9/2017 at 3:46 PM, ZappyAd said:

Plus kickstarter probably gives the marketing a boost.  If he just released it on his website it might take a while to get out, but put it on kickstarter and it gets some free buzz.

Yeah. Except he's not going to get funded, so where does that leave him and this "revolutionary new method for reading greens?"

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

What's next? A Go Fund Me account?

I don't see the problem with doing this via Kickstarter.

Heck, LSW started with crowdfunding.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It will be interesting to see where he goes with it if it doesn't get funded.  Maybe his usual market just isn't tuned in to kickstarter and his marketing hasn't been good enough.  He doesn't seem to have a huge following on twitter or facebook which must matter.  If he does decide to fund it himself and just do it anyway I would say that marketing is going to be his biggest issue.

Adam

Note: This thread is 2512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!