IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge June 2017

Note: This thread is 2460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6/08 - chipping with putting stroke with SW for both bead and speed x 10mins at office over lunch break

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6/8:  pitching, chipping, and cut lob practice.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

6/8: Pitching practice tonight. 15 minutes pitching at different targets in the yard. Only focus was not going too fast and enjoying the evening.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

6/8:  Got to the club today.
20 mins. range session for warmup, but mainly worked on getting swing grooved back in w/some ball flight feedback
Walked 18 holes; worked on not breaking left wrist down (causing my hook).  Shot 89, which is okay but a little disappointing based on how I'd been practicing and striking it (up until the last few days anyway), but my full swing game was low-80s...from 80 in and around the greens, just a whole lot of meh.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

June 8th:- 5 mins chipping, followed by 10 mins full swing; aiming for a full shoulder turn while maintaining key#1- steady head.

Chris.:roll:

6/9:

Drizzle rain today.   Got the metal yard stick out for about 10 minutes of putting.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6/9: Putted for 45 minutes. Didn't use the level today, to see if I could trust my reads without verifying the exact % slopes. Definite progress in how I read greens after taking Aimpoint as i was able to get some decent reads. I can't say I'm very good at using my feet, but I think it's some combination of feet and eyes and general awareness. Perhaps I'm getting too familiar with this one practice green though! I'll have to move around to different places.

Also swung without a ball for 10 minutes on the range- to see if my neck could handle it. Progress. Hopeful to swing and hit some balls next week.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

June 9 - A bit sore from yesterday's round. I may have to ride when playing for a while. Did some shoulder turn work and swing feels from my Evolvr lesson. I hope to film some this weekend. Also, I will do some pitch and chip work in longer grass later. I had some fluffy lies and my shots went short yesterday.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6/9:  more pitching and chipping practice; some slow-motion full swing work to work on getting the club from going back too flat on the backswing.

Edited by Duffer Waldorf

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

6/9/17:

Easy 9:00 to 3:00 swings with my wedges, standing a little closer to the ball, as trigonometry says I should.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6/09 - chipping with a putting stroke down the hallway working on speed. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 6/8/2017 at 3:17 PM, Shindig said:

June 8.  Did two separate five-minutes each things at home.

* Worked on back-swing.  Ball, but no hitting, using the mirror in "my new golf room."

Like how you just slip it in there that not only you have a "golf room" (unless of course the wife sent you out to the wood shed, literally!) and that it is "new"

I would imagine a fair I number of folks in the sand trap are a wee bit jealous!

6 min on the train doing my lay stretches amidst the crowd

5 min Sklz swing trainer

visitor is staying thru Sunday (ugh) when I take off for two weeks of travel. Think I'm gonna have to do Sunday golf and risk the wrath of the wife!!! If I don't post after Sunday, you know what happened!

Edited by Mico
Typo

6/9:  Pitching work in the yard.  48 balls from 35yd. "tees" to my flag/hole.  Worked solely on getting good lean (inline impact) and using my body to drive the swing.  Result was very solid impact, low and spinning, though I hit several a bit long.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Please share...

My hips have a tendency to sway back (away from the target) on the backswing...

• Upvote 2

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

2 hours ago, Mico said:

Like how you just slip it in there that not only you have a "golf room" (unless of course the wife sent you out to the wood shed, literally!) and that it is "new"

I would imagine a fair I number of folks in the sand trap are a wee bit jealous!

Still setting it up.  Check out its progress: 

6/9 : in addition to some mirror practice, I went to the range to work on my latest priority piece (having hands less way inside at the top).  I also wanted to see some ball flight to convince myself I wasn't about to start snap-fading everything (although I know that isn't a problem as long as it moves me in the right direction, but I will utterly panic when it happens).

Bucket of 33 balls, outdoors.  The first 20 or so were all set up, take a backswing, stop at the top and check, sometimes using the camera, then address again, stop at the top and check, the slow motion the downswing, then if I did the first two things well, I'd attempt a full shot.  And I hit some really good shots on the range today, mostly with my 6-iron.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 2460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!