IGNORED

100 Holes in One Day

Grass Destruction
Note: This thread is 2045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The day after Labor Day I'm going to try to play 100 holes in one day. I've done this the previous 2 years and its basically a golf marathon (but it's worth it). It's a charity event for United Way that my company is sponsoring. Everyone gets their own cart and there are 2 golfers per hole (the course is closed to everyone except those of us doing the charity event). We will have about 13 hrs of daylight so that means I need to average just under 8 minutes/hole! The first year we got 100 holes in but we finished in the dark. Last year we had a 45 minute rain delay and then it was cart path only, so I only completed 90 holes before it was too dark to play. 

Wish me luck! 

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Reminds me of an article I read in the Cleveland Plain Dealer back in the day. There were a couple of golf buds who got together every June 21st, the Summer Solstice. They would tee off at exactly sunrise time according to the experts, and end play at exactly sunset time! They filled the longest day of the year with golf!

That's quite impressive. I don't think I could pull it off, I'd be spending too much time looking for errant drives.

100 holes in the land of the midnight sun I could probably do ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

There use to be  charity tourney run up in Mesquite , NV. You ould get sponsors to pay so much for every hole completed in 24 hours. There was no honor system. 200 plus holes usually won something for the golfers completing that many. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

2 hours ago, Moodie10 said:

First post on the board. 

Makes the McMillan charity golf day in uk (54 holes in one day) look like a walk in the park but then again us UK golfers walk the course ? 

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 hours ago, Moodie10 said:

First post on the board. 

Makes the McMillan charity golf day in uk (54 holes in one day) look like a walk in the park but then again us UK golfers walk the course ? 

Ha! 54 holes walking is more than I could take! I walk 18 regularly but that's enough. In this event, each golfer has their own cart and it has built-in GPS that shows the yardage to the pin and even where the other carts in the area are so you know if you have to wait before playing your shot. It's pretty hilly and there are some blind tee shots so that's a big help to keep up the pace of play. 

My record it´s just 38 holes walking the course. I have more dayligth to play but i already won the match and the club championship final. 

On 9/1/2017 at 8:46 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

Reminds me of an article I read in the Cleveland Plain Dealer back in the day. There were a couple of golf buds who got together every June 21st, the Summer Solstice. They would tee off at exactly sunrise time according to the experts, and end play at exactly sunset time! They filled the longest day of the year with golf!

I have been wanting to do this for years. I played 36 a few times on the day of the solstice, but have yet to commit the full day to golf. I hope to this upcoming year. 

- Mark

Well I survived and was able to get 100 holes completed in 12 hours. It was really windy but at least it didn't rain. One par 3 (180 yards) was straight into the 20 mph wind, and no matter what I did, I could not get the ball on the green. If you hit a low shot, you either ended up short in the bunkers or you'd go over the green to the back slope. If you hit it higher, then the wind grabbed it and put you in the other bunkers. Bogey was the best I could do all day. :pound:

The important part is that 28 golfers raised over $21,000 for United Way and everyone had a good time. I tallied up my 'best' score for each hole and I ended up shooting an even 72 (3 birdies, 3 bogeys). My grand total score for 100 holes was 477. Needless to say, I'm a little sore today but not as bad as you'd think. More mentally exhausted than anything. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Grass Destruction said:

Well I survived and was able to get 100 holes completed in 12 hours. It was really windy but at least it didn't rain. One par 3 (180 yards) was straight into the 20 mph wind, and no matter what I did, I could not get the ball on the green. If you hit a low shot, you either ended up short in the bunkers or you'd go over the green to the back slope. If you hit it higher, then the wind grabbed it and put you in the other bunkers. Bogey was the best I could do all day. :pound:

The important part is that 28 golfers raised over $21,000 for United Way and everyone had a good time. I tallied up my 'best' score for each hole and I ended up shooting an even 72 (3 birdies, 3 bogeys). My grand total score for 100 holes was 477. Needless to say, I'm a little sore today but not as bad as you'd think. More mentally exhausted than anything. 

Congrats! That's great work and a good amount of money raised! 

- Mark

• 1 year later...

Hi all - Once again I'll be golfing 100 holes tomorrow (9/12). The weather looks to be fantastic. I want to get to about 460 and beat last year's total of 477. This is a week later than last year so we won't have as much daylight here in Minneapolis but I think we'll be OK.  😄

• Upvote 1

Well I survived! We teed off at 6:50 AM and finished around 7 PM. The weather was much nicer this time and I even managed to get a 'closest to pin'! I accomplished my goal of beating last years total score (477) by shooting 451 and even broke 80 one round. As a group we raised over $39000 this year! In the four years we've done this, we've raised over $100K! 

Hey @iacas, is there an award for 100 holes in a day? 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!