IGNORED

PXG Bob Parsons Suing TaylorMade for Patent Infrigement

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, billchao said:

That was kinda expected. I think they issue TROs only when it seems really likely you'll win the case. Otherwise you'd be punishing a company that might win in the end (TaylorMade in this situation).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, mvmac said:

Well I don't know about that, lawsuits are pretty expensive ;-)

My bet is that Bob has lawyers on staff who he is already paying already so this isn't costing him much more than he is already paying those guys. 

The more interesting situation is is PXG sues retailers who are selling TM clubs. There are rumors PXG will do this and I think this is a mistake. Retailers are much more likely to carry TM clubs because of the broad appeal.  

Michael

10 hours ago, Lihu said:

Many Ping customers idolize the Eye2.

And, some people (all ages!) still play them. At several scrambles, I have seen Eye2 irons in the bag of a competitor.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

14 hours ago, Lihu said:

Many Ping customers idolize the Eye2.

OT: You're not a PING customer if you still play Eye 2 irons ;-)

You'll hear the same kind of thing with people calling themselves PING "die-hard fans" or "loyalists" that are still playing Eye 2 irons, couldn't be farther from the truth. 

• Like 3

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

On 9/17/2017 at 12:49 PM, WUTiger said:

And, some people (all ages!) still play them. At several scrambles, I have seen Eye2 irons in the bag of a competitor.

I played in a league with a guy who lamented selling off his Eye 2 irons! Said they were the best irons he'd ever played!

• Administrator
On 9/17/2017 at 12:07 PM, mchepp said:

The more interesting situation is is PXG sues retailers who are selling TM clubs. There are rumors PXG will do this and I think this is a mistake. Retailers are much more likely to carry TM clubs because of the broad appeal.  

Well, he's doing that.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pxg-taylormade-taylormade-wins-round-1-in-patent-infringement-case-but-pxg-broadens-strategy-by-suing-retailers

Lawyers for PXG filed additional complaints on Thursday and Friday against the four largest golf retailers in the U.S. for patent infringement violations tied to their sales of P790 irons. Worldwide Golf, the parent company of golf retail brands Edwin Watts and Roger Dunn among others, was named in a suit filed by PXG in U.S. District Court in California on Thursday. On Friday, PXG filed suits against PGA Tour Superstore, Golf Galaxy and Dick’s Sporting Goods in U.S. District Court in Illinois.

Hmmmmmmm.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:07 AM, mchepp said:

My bet is that Bob has lawyers on staff who he is already paying already so this isn't costing him much more than he is already paying those guys. 

He's actually using 2 outside firms, it looks like from the filings. Most companies don't keep lawyers who deal with this type of stuff on staff.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, iacas said:

That is a super aggressive, burning and salting the fields type of tactic. That probably means he doesn't ever care about using the retailers to sell these clubs. And I think it probably means his ultimate goal is to hurt TaylorMade by trying to get these retailers to stop carrying these clubs. I see this as a shot across the bow to the entire golf club industry.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

15 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

That is a super aggressive, burning and salting the fields type of tactic. That probably means he doesn't ever care about using the retailers to sell these clubs.

I don't think their market was ever the one for retail stores.

I think they are just throwing their weight around because they can.

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

In court documents filed Monday, PXG amended its original complaint of patent infringement against TaylorMade and its P790 irons. The new version not only includes more specific descriptions of where PXG believes the P790 irons might be infringing, it adds three more patent-infringement claims. That means PXG is now accusing TaylorMade of violating 11 of its patents. Last month, TaylorMade denied violating any of the original eight PXG patent claims and asked the court to invalidate each of the PXG patents. In its countersuit, TaylorMade also accused PXG of violating seven of its patents.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pxg-fires-back-at-taylormade-with-new-patent-infringement-claims

On 15/09/2017 at 2:34 PM, lastings said:

" , I wouldn't play those clubs if you paid me. "

I bet you would. 

His correct response to you would be "try me"

or

"only one way to find out - send check and full set of clubs to the following address........"

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 2295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!