IGNORED

2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational

colin007
Note:Β This thread is 2221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

5 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

LOL at Johnny Miller saying the gym hasn't been good for Rory's golf game.

Correlation doesn’t prove causation but I think one can reasonably argue that Rory was better in 2011 when he looked like an average teenager than he is now. Again, I don’t think it necessarily has anything to do with the weight lifting (and mostly to do with his terrible putting) but I don’t think it’s totally out of bounds for Johnny to make that comment.Β 

Another thing that bothered me about the telecast is they're still going with Woods' 129 mph CHS. I get it. They want to feed the narrative. Get ratings. But not acknowledging this discrepancy is disappointing.Β Β 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 minutes ago, skydog said:

Correlation doesn’t prove causation but I think one can reasonably argue that Rory was better in 2011 when he looked like an average teenager than he is now. Again, I don’t think it necessarily has anything to do with the weight lifting (and mostly to do with his terrible putting) but I don’t think it’s totally out of bounds for Johnny to make that comment.Β 

Except that it is out of bounds, because there is zero evidence that the gym hurts your ability to play well. Not to mention that Rory didn’t play or practice much last off-season, and that the stats show exactly what his problem is. There is evidence for rust, fatigue, and poor skills, not for being in the gym too much.

Also: Rory had a degenerative spine condition. Being in the gym is kind of a prerequisite for him.

• Like 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

@colin007Β How are you holding up? Do we need the cardiologist on call?

I think this is a great leaderboard, Stenson, SLIG, Rory, J-Rose, Rickie, Tiger... Are we setting up for a Masters to remember? This is an absolute awesome leaderboard and the Masters is 3 weeks away.Β 

I don't think Tiger was screwing with anyone, he's not out of it though. I think your top 4 or 5 probably have the best chance but there's nothing to say GOAT doesn't shoot something less thanΒ my age on the front nine. And be leading the tournament through 66 holes. I honestly believe Stenson will still be there, but Tiger's got to be within 3 before Stenson tees off.Β 

What's in Shane's Bag?Β  Β  Β 

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

The leaders didn't do as much as I expected, so Tiger's still in it. -1 and E for Henrik and Bryson on Saturday. With the same game on Sunday, they might be going the wrong way. Anything can happen. Rory and Rose are right there ready to pounce, Rickie and Reed also not far behind.Β 

Β 

Tiger will need a solid round though, shooting 4-5 under par could put him up there.Β 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

On reddit, I posted that instructors who know radar and Peter Kostis (albeit I get the feeling he just hates radar), said that Woods' CHS was inflated and got downvoted, despite providing links to themselves saying this. OK, believe some talking head spoon fed stuff to say in his ear. I mean even if it's not nearly 130, you can clearly see he is outdriving his partners, so he is still long. One redditor said I still believe the commentator (dunno if that was ironic). Dan Hicks will say whatever to support the narrative.

Lemmings. Flamethrower off.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

8 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

@colin007Β How are you holding up? Do we need the cardiologist on call?

I think this is a great leaderboard, Stenson, SLIG, Rory, J-Rose, Rickie, Tiger... Are we setting up for a Masters to remember? This is an absolute awesome leaderboard and the Masters is 3 weeks away.Β 

I don't think Tiger was screwing with anyone, he's not out of it though. I think your top 4 or 5 probably have the best chance but there's nothing to say GOAT doesn't shoot something less thanΒ my age on the front nine. And be leading the tournament through 66 holes. I honestly believe Stenson will still be there, but Tiger's got to be within 3 before Stenson tees off.Β 

Lol, I don't think he's close enough to give me false hope necessitating an emergency room visit...ask me in 3 weeks....

Colin P.

16 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Lol, I don't think he's close enough to give me false hope necessitating an emergency room visit...ask me in 3 weeks....

If Tiger shoots say 31 on the front or is back within a shot or so after nine holes... Do we have to worry then?

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

27 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

If Tiger shoots say 31 on the front or is back within a shot or so after nine holes... Do we have to worry then?

31 on the front DEFINITELY gets my arrhythmia going....

Colin P.

55 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

On reddit, I posted that instructors who know radar and Peter Kostis (albeit I get the feeling he just hates radar), said that Woods' CHS was inflated and got downvoted, despite providing links to themselves saying this. OK, believe some talking head spoon fed stuff to say in his ear. I mean even if it's not nearly 130, you can clearly see he is outdriving his partners, so he is still long. One redditor said I still believe the commentator (dunno if that was ironic). Dan Hicks will say whatever to support the narrative.

Lemmings. Flamethrower off.

Β 

I'm an advocate for facts, but in the case of Tiger's CHS I'm in the Meh category. If it's 130, 126 or 128 doesn't matter. What matters is where he puts the ball, both length and accuracy. Is it suddenly difficult to measure CHS with all these radars since this "controversy" arose?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Steve

I don’t think the alcohol is making these people stupid. It’s making these stupid people louder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

20 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Β 

I'm an advocate for facts, but in the case of Tiger's CHS I'm in the Meh category. If it's 130, 126 or 128 doesn't matter. What matters is where he puts the ball, both length and accuracy. Is it suddenly difficult to measure CHS with all these radars since this "controversy" arose?

I think it's more legitimate that Tiger has a clubhead speed of around 122 or so. He is definitely ripping it. Not bad for a guy with 4 back procedures and a fused spine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

I think it's more legitimate that Tiger has a clubhead speed of around 122 or so. He is definitely ripping it. Not bad for a guy with 4 back procedures and a fused spine.

Agree. Probably ranting also because Dan Hicks is really annoying.

• Like 1

Steve

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Agree. Probably ranting also because Dan Hicks is really annoying.

I'm not a big fan of Hicks either. I like Johnny Miller,Β  Feherty (I've always liked David), and Bones is awesome... Hicks is just a meh host. Better than Joe Buck though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I think It comes down to the events having more fans recently along w our very β€˜brave’ (cough cough) society. People feel like they have more freedom these days to say what they want. Alcohol or not, sure, more alcohol may make more people prone to being braver but limiting alcohol sales won’t do much.Β 

Note:Β This thread is 2221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!