IGNORED

2018 WGC Match Play

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Nah just watched the live updates on my phone. I assume you say that because Reed never trailed?

Yeah I wouldn't call it a nail biter. Even at the end, he conceded the birdie to tie, because he putted in for birdie. So it was really 3&1.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah I wouldn't call it a nail biter. Even at the end, he conceded the birdie to tie, because he putted in for birdie. So it was really 3&1.

Gotcha. 

Spieth started the round by giving Reed two free holes. That didn't help. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Man, I have to go to Wikipedia for a proper tennis style draw/bracket?

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 10.04.13 AM.png

Not a fan of this

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 10.05.02 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Stinks that a lot of the best players are already out or about to be out. Not sure a final between Charles Howell and Kyle Stanley is going to fire me up. Of course, we could get Justin Thomas-Bubba Watson which would be a bit more exciting. Who knows. But match play does become a little boring as you get down to the final 8 and final 4 because there's not a lot of golf to show. And if they're players that don't thrill you, it becomes even more boring. Just glad we only do this once per year.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Man, I have to go to Wikipedia for a proper tennis style draw/bracket?

Choose "Bracket" in the pull-down menu on the leaderboard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Little Rydercup preview: Reed against Noren. Looks like the Euro’s draw first blood. :w00t:

Justin Thomas is on fire, he’s buchering his opponents.

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

Stinks that a lot of the best players are already out or about to be out. Not sure a final between Charles Howell and Kyle Stanley is going to fire me up.

You are entitled to that opinion but I wholeheartedly disagree. All of these guys are tremendous players, I love watching them play. And I love match play, an historic format of tournament golf that we don't get to see nearly enough. During the course of match it can make these top level players play more aggressively than normal and play shots you don't get to see in medal play. This match play tournament is great, I anxiously await it each and every year; and I really miss the old Piccadilly Match Play that used to be an annual event every October at Wentworth.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

The course is beautiful, the setting is stunning, the players are elite, & the play is awesome.

I love golf.

• Like 1

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Thomas - Watson will be fun to watch. Noren vs either Watson/Thomas would be fun to watch.

Every time Jeffrey Wright comes on in the Dell commercial, I'm thinking, Westworld?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I’m going with Thomas tomorrow. I think he continues to distance himself from the pack and establish himself number one in the OWGR. Which I think he captures if he just wins the semifinal matchup..

Love those Noren low punchers.

Steve

Thomas better start turning the heat up or Watson is going to leave him in the dust...

1 minute ago, HJJ003 said:

Thomas better start turning the heat up or Watson is going to leave him in the dust...

And just like that Thomas is back in it. 

Thomas is running out of holes to come back here and had a poor teeshot on 15.

Edited by Zeph

Thomas needs to two putt and hope that Bubba three putts.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Weird explanation about the drop that Thomas took on his last hole?  He definitely didn’t take full relief?  Not that there was much area for relief.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 2194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!