IGNORED

Faldo's Masters commentary is awful (as usual)

Justafan2332
Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, jamo said:

The thing about the doors in Reed's house changed my mind. Get him out of here. 

That literally was the best. :-$

I legit was like, WTF is he saying?  Haha. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I usually like him, however he said some stuff today that just made me scratch my head. I was growing weary of “Imagine Dragons” references...

12 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Did you really not get why he was mentioned the doors?

Trollin' is the life

5 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Did you really not get why he was mentioned the doors?

It wasn't that i didn't get it, I just thought it was particularly odd in a funny way. 

Christian

29 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

"Literally"? How so?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Just now, Shorty said:

"Literally"? How so?

I was caught up in all the drama that the comment broke the moment and made me laugh.  So, because I like things that are funny, and since the guy who I was rooting for didn't win, it literally was the best part of the round for me. :-)

Christian

I like Faldo fine when he talks about golf.  Unlike some of the announcers who have never played golf at a high level, he's very credible when he describes what must be going through a player's mind over a crucial putt.  He's won more majors than anyone active in the game today, other than Tiger, so he knows what he's talking about.

I concede that I could do without him trying to shoehorn pop culture references into his commentary.

4 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Faldo is secretly very glad Rory lost since Rory's goal is to pass him for most Euro majors in the modern era. 

In the modern parlance, "Is that even a thing?"

3 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Rory has said passing Faldo’s 6 major total is one of his main goals. 

Fair enough.

But then McIlroy already has something that Faldo never managed - a US Open win. I understand his desire to win more majors than Faldo, but I think he already has bragging rights.

6 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Fair enough.

But then McIlroy already has something that Faldo never managed - a US Open win. I understand his desire to win more majors than Faldo, but I think he already has bragging rights.

That and the FedEx Cup are nice feathers in the cap. At some point he is bound to win the green jacket. Extreme talent. But this week he did not quite have everything clicking the way he needed for a win. 

I can't stand Faldo, and only like JM marginally better.  I've said that in these forums many times.  They're both overly negative, and Faldo only edges out Johnny because of his over-the-top ego and arrogance.  That said, while I kept trying to find fault with Faldo's commentary (I'm a child) over the weekend I just really couldn't ... maybe the Magic Dragons crap, but that's being overly petty ... I actually thought he did a pretty good job and almost found myself appreciating his insight.  Almost.

Faldo doesn't bother me, but I don't think he adds all that much to a broadcast. Johnny Miller, love him or hate him, does add something to broadcasts frequently. Do you remember anything Faldo said this weekend related to golf? I don't. He's a guy with 3 green jackets. He should have incredible insight on the course and how to play it. Either he doesn't, or he's terrible at telling us about it.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!