IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The video essay has a little blurb, narrated by Michael Strahan, NY Giants Legend. 

IMG_2664.JPG

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Darn, Tommy Fleetwood's missed putt costs him the money he was going to spend on a much needed haircut :-(  

Edited by Shindig
language

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Using a rule to your advantage is one thing, but breaking one is another imo. Not sure Phil made a wise move there.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

Darn, Tommy Fleetwood's missed putt costs him the money he was going to spend on a much needed haircut :-(  

Ha.....he is afraid of going bald like his dad thus him not getting a haircut. I think he needs one too.

Dustin Johnson is imploding.....

Just now, Vinsk said:

Using a rule to your advantage is one thing, but breaking one is another imo. Not sure Phil made a wise move there.

Yeah, I'm not sure I like the idea of "I'll take that penalty on purpose" showing up in golf.  I'm fine with it in other sports, and sometimes I think it's brilliant (final 12 seconds of Super Bowl 47 comes to mind), but I don't like the negotiation with the rules aspect in golf. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

The video essay has a little blurb, narrated by Michael Strahan, NY Giants Legend. 

IMG_2664.JPG

Just a pic ...I get no video...

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

He should of gotten DQ IMO.

8 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Did Ian Poulter's clothing line vanish?  I don't even see the IJP logo on his clothing and he's dressed a bit more bland.  Or is he just dressed conservatively for the U.S. Open?

Yep, it folded a year or so back and combined with when he was right at the bottom with his game. He has come a long way back from where he was!

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

12 minutes ago, b101 said:

I genuinely had no problem with any other aspect of Chambers and quite liked the course.

I agree...I thought it was an amazing venue

Colin P.

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

I immediately flashed back to Jimmy Conors, playing on a clay court where calls can be checked. He was his usual self with the crowd, a clown or an a jerk depending on your reaction to him. A close call, and before the chair umpire could climb down to look closely, Connors runs around the net and rubs it out with his shoe. Bedlam erupted. Connors thought he was being cute. Some thought it was funny. Others wanted him tarred and feathered. At least suspended. It just wasn't that funny. Phil was trying to be funny and flopped. Dustin didn't get the joke, either.

I'm kidding! 

Wayne

12 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Did Ian Poulter's clothing line vanish? 

Yes. Gone. A tragedy.  :-) It has been over a year and we still mourn its passing. Sad.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ian-poulter-is-shutting-down-his-clothing-line

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I worry that the demons that we saw on Sunday at Pebble, that we thought were exorcised, may be hanging out. :-(  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Some of the frustration is wind - I'm always aggravated about something meaningless when I've been dealing with harsh wind for a few hours. There's not many trees to stop it down either.

Some of it might be tough pins. I've seen putts basically just miss and then turn around, suggesting that the pin placements have unusual slope around them. They're faster greens with the wind also.

Regardless this is a US Open which means your Champion is the player who can deal with shooting par, not striping every fairway and spinning approaches to 10 feet.

So, at this point, predict the winning score. My bet would be +3 at this point in time

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Pretty wild not seeing a single red number on the board.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Note: This thread is 2130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!