IGNORED

2018 Memorial Tournament Presented by Nationwide

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 2148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The new pattern in Tiger’s year so far has been getting off to bad starts and having to make up a lot of ground early. Happened at Augusta. Happened in Wells Fargo. Happened at Players. Bay Hill. Just needs to get off to better starts so he can go into the weekend in better shape.

Tiger ruins a lot of his chances in the first two rounds. This time it's so far only the first nine holes, so maybe he can get back into it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, iacas said:

It sounded like at first the rules official tried to say there was a ruling that prevented Spieth from redropping since he already took relief from the path, even though that brought another obstruction into play? But then the rules official let him drop anway (as I think he should have) Too bad after all of that, the shot he hit didnt even reach the green :-P

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, klineka said:

It sounded like at first the rules official tried to say there was a ruling that prevented Spieth from redropping since he already took relief from the path, even though that brought another obstruction into play? But then the rules official let him drop anway (as I think he should have) Too bad after all of that, the shot he hit didnt even reach the green :-P

He took relief twice. Then three times ultimately.

From the phone thing. From the path. Then from the phone thing again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Woods with a 3 putt for bogey from 33 feet right out of the gate at #1, not what he needed. He has righted the ship and made a couple birdies since to get to -1.

-8 is the current lead, with 6 players tied at that number.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Up & down from the sand for birdie, Woods to -2. He's on his way now, forget about just making the cut & focus on getting into contention.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Oh wow. Pitch in eagle from Tiger... Awesome stuff

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

This is a clinic - next tee shot on the par three and he hits the flag. Amazing!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

giphy.gif

And now it's not.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 5.13.02 PM.png

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Boy, that weather delay was poorly timed. I bet he makes at least one, if not both, of those birdie looks without the horn.

-- Daniel

2 hours ago, b101 said:

This is a clinic - next tee shot on the par three and he hits the flag. Amazing!

Except it didn't come close to hitting the flag. Maybe 2 feet. That's not "hitting the flag".

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Except it didn't come close to hitting the flag. Maybe 2 feet. That's not "hitting the flag".

No, @Shorty, it literally hit the flag.

That’s three VERY makeable putts he missed, not to mention the one he barely missed from the fringe. Could be sitting on 9 or 10 easily right now. 

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

No, @Shorty, it literally hit the flag.

Not even close. Check it again.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Tiger hitting it really close and then missing the putts:

giphy.gif

-- Daniel

Note: This thread is 2148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!