IGNORED

What's the most "Look at me" thing you have ever seen while playing golf?

scotth
Note: This thread is 2104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

22 hours ago, colin007 said:

That's frigging awesome. How much?

For the one the follows you, it looks like it ranges from $2200 to $3200 depending on the model.

• Informative 1

-Jimmy

:nike: VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver, 3W
:pxg: 0311 X (3), 0311 XF (4-6), 0311 (7-PW, 52/56/60)
:titleist: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select Putter

"That tiger ain't go crazy; that tiger went tiger!" - Chris Rock

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure it was "look at me" but one day my buddy and I were put with another twosome, and man and his wife. The wife was gorgeous and wore a VERY low cut top, her breasts were sticking out the top, (she was not fat either). When she set up to the ball her tits would squeeze between her arms and flop back and forth when she hit the ball. The guy appeared to enjoy everyone looking at his wife, which was very difficult not to do. Needless to say I didn't play well that day, my mind was elsewhere 🙂

On 6/25/2018 at 12:08 PM, Foot Wedge said:

Just my opinion but it may be because it's how the pros dress.  It's got be pretty brutal to wear pants in summer heat so you don't see many recreational players wearing pants.

I wear pants because a guy said to me, "Are those your legs or did you ride in on a chicken?" -Marv

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

4 hours ago, cooke119 said:

Not sure it was "look at me" but one day my buddy and I were put with another twosome, and man and his wife. The wife was gorgeous and wore a VERY low cut top, her breasts were sticking out the top, (she was not fat either). When she set up to the ball her tits would squeeze between her arms and flop back and forth when she hit the ball. The guy appeared to enjoy everyone looking at his wife, which was very difficult not to do. Needless to say I didn't play well that day, my mind was elsewhere 🙂

Off topic: The title of the thread say "look at me" not "look at my wife" ;-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

10 hours ago, jimnm said:

For the one the follows you, it looks like it ranges from $2200 to $3200 depending on the model.

One of my playing partners has one. Pretty cool considering we mostly walk except June-August.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shorty said:

Yeah I know, you're right, I just think the guy wanted everyone to look at his wife and think what a lucky bastard HE was.

15 hours ago, Shorty said:

Off topic: Swingers in more ways than one.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 6/25/2018 at 12:26 PM, Foot Wedge said:

Pants in 90* heat. 

Bonus points if all apparel brands match to look like you're sponsored.

Pretty much all of my golf apparel is Oakley. Shorts, pants, polo's, even my golf shoes. Buutttt... that being said, it's because as an optician I sell Oakley's for a living and get killer discounts on all of their stuff. 

The doofus that used to play at this muni i went to sometimes that wore always plus-fours and couldn't break 90. If you're going to rock an outfit like that, you better be able to empty wallets on the regular. 

17 hours ago, badfish said:

Buutttt... that being said, it's because as an optician I sell Oakley's for a living and get killer discounts on all of their stuff. 

I mean that would just be silly to pass up.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

On 6/25/2018 at 9:26 AM, Foot Wedge said:

Pants in 90* heat. 

Bonus points if all apparel brands match to look like you're sponsored.

That's a strange opinion.

I think it's the opposite of look at me, I wish I could wear shorts.  I always wear long sleeves, a sun hat and long pants.  It's a drag, but I have to due to health risk.  It's either that or no golf at all.

3 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

It's a drag, but I have to due to health risk.

Then obviously you should wear pants.  I guess I should have expanded on my opinion which is more in with "having the equipment and attire of a tour pro but the swing of Charles Barkley"

Diego’s Gear

5 minutes ago, Foot Wedge said:

Then obviously you should wear pants.  I guess I should have expanded on my opinion which is more in with "having the equipment and attire of a tour pro but the swing of Charles Barkley"

So, because someone can't play golf well they can't try to look good while there?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

1 minute ago, Jeremie Boop said:

So, because someone can't play golf well they can't try to look good while there?

When did I say that?  The topic isn't what someone can and can't do, it's what draws attention to someone on the golf course.  That was just my opinion and, like any other opinion, quite literally means absolutely nothing to anybody else.  Everyone's free to do as they please on the course as long as they aren't breaking the rules and being respectful to other players/the course.  In my opinion, looking like a pro is going to draw attention regardless of the activity.  If I show up to the community 5k dressed like I'm running the marathon in the Olympics it's going to draw attention to myself.  But can I do it?  Sure, it's my life.

Diego’s Gear

3 minutes ago, Foot Wedge said:

When did I say that?  The topic isn't what someone can and can't do, it's what draws attention to someone on the golf course.  That was just my opinion and, like any other opinion, quite literally means absolutely nothing to anybody else.  Everyone's free to do as they please on the course as long as they aren't breaking the rules and being respectful to other players/the course.  In my opinion, looking like a pro is going to draw attention regardless of the activity.  If I show up to the community 5k dressed like I'm running the marathon in the Olympics it's going to draw attention to myself.  But can I do it?  Sure, it's my life.

Sorry, I should have phrased it better, instead "can't" you can replace it with "it's weird or showy".

I don't know, I guess it just strikes a cord with me that people would think trying to dress nice/appropriately for any activity="look at me".

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

2 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Sorry, I should have phrased it better, instead "can't" you can replace it with "it's weird or showy".

Understood.

2 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I don't know, I guess it just strikes a cord with me that people would think trying to dress nice/appropriately for any activity="look at me".

We just seem to have different perspectives on the matter, nothing wrong with that.  When you explain that, I understand why you don't think it's showy.  I agree it looks nice.  In fact I like when it's cooler and have to wear pants, I feel like I look better that way (both golfing/not golfing).  I generally play at goat tracks/munis and many times don't even tuck in my shirt.  Not to mention I have hairy legs so it feels even hotter, so that's where my perspective comes from.  I see your side though.

Diego’s Gear

57 minutes ago, Foot Wedge said:

I totally get what you're saying and I agree. I wear pretty much all Oakley gear but you'd never know it just seeing me on the course, you'd have to really look close to know. I think people can do whatever they want, wear what they want, as long as it's not negatively affecting anyone else. However, I do think that when a guy shows up to the muni in golf nickers, argyle sweater vest, and a golf cap like below, it's very much a "look at me thing". 

96ae676a-dfb4-4169-9ade-78d4ed99471a.png

On 6/25/2018 at 1:08 PM, Foot Wedge said:

Just my opinion but it may be because it's how the pros dress.  It's got be pretty brutal to wear pants in summer heat so you don't see many recreational players wearing pants.

I always wear pants also.  I have always worn them for work and everything else so its just normal and comfortable for me.  When its hot out... its not my legs that tell me its hot out.  Which is more uncomfortable in hot weather and makes you drench sweat faster... a long sleeve shirt, or pants?  If its 90+ I will typically stay inside for the day and not risk the sun exposure with my skin.  Another reason I wear pants, one less part of me exposed to the sun

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Note: This thread is 2104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!