IGNORED

2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did not notice this for the USO app, maybe I missed it, but OC app has directions to walk from point A to B very handy. Plus a foot path outline. Plus charging stations. Mobile device zone I assume is wifi. Yeah, you probably have all this at the USO if you get the special access tickets, everyone at Open Championship seems to have access to these common services. Still looking for a photo of the food concession menus. 

IMG_3776.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

He used to be able to hit his driver great.  But that was when the heads were smaller and he could use a steel shaft.  It seems like when the heads got bigger and steel shafts could no longer be used and he had to switch to graphite, that's when he started to struggle.

I agree 100%. If I remember correctly he was one of the last to play a steel shafted driver. Can't think of anyone else who struggled more with the transition from steel to graphite and the 460cc heads.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Great tweet from Will Gray below.....

Still amazing to me that the USGA has every option outside of cloud seeding at their disposal and still can’t get out of their own way, but Mother Nature turns an Open venue into a lunar colony and the R&A just installs a sign pointing to the first tee.

• Like 1

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I think you'd take a -3 through the front nine if you're a Tiger fan...

Lots of good scoring out there and I'm loving the bunched leaderboard.

7 minutes ago, BallStriker said:

Great tweet from Will Gray below.....

Still amazing to me that the USGA has every option outside of cloud seeding at their disposal and still can’t get out of their own way, but Mother Nature turns an Open venue into a lunar colony and the R&A just installs a sign pointing to the first tee.

And scoring is still roughly the same as ever. Love links courses.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Tiger -3 now. If he can just get in at -5, I think that’ll be in reaching distance come tomorrow. However, be cautious. We’ve seen these third round moves this year only to flatten out at the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

What a tee shot from Spieth, driving the first green to about 10 feet!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Pretty easy pin positions today. Seems like the R&A tried to set it up for some scoring knowing tomorrow will be a day for survival.

Edited by ChrisP

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Guess Tiger got the memo to start hitting driver off the tee and put the foot on the gas. He's doing that.

Ya, I think he’s starting to realize that he needs to get to -6 or so to have a sniff at tomorrow.  Also, his 3 birdies have come when he has hit either 3w or driver off the tee...

Suddenly Tiger's 2 back.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

2 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Suddenly Tiger's 2 back.

Be cautious. He’s made these third round moves before only to flatline at the end of the round. I’m concerned about him 15-18.

Can’t believe the birdies that are being thrown on the board. It went from Carnoustie to St Andrews. But I have a hunch it’ll be back to Carnoustie tomorrow.

The Open is turning into the Bob Hope Classic. Course is playing like it's 6500 yards....

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

I'm not seeing the tracer technology show the rollout path of the drives. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger tied for 3rd!!! 5 birdies, 4 using driver, 1 with 3W. #What took so long?

5 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

The Open is turning into the Bob Hope Classic. Course is playing like it's 6500 yards....

Not only that, they were very kind with the pin positions today. Some really easy spots. Nothing like day 1 where they had some brutal locations. Don't want to call it "pitch and putt" but some of these guys are making it look like that. Once they hit 12 it will toughen with the exception of 14 which these guys will eat up.

Edited by ChrisP

Ivor Robson is a tough act to follow.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Note: This thread is 2097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!