IGNORED

2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National - Paris, France

lastings
Note: This thread is 2014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

What do you all think about the possible Tiger/Phil pairing? I’m not a big fan of that idea. I think Tiger would be good with BD. Obviously Tiger and Phil are very competitive but I’m thinking there’s too much going on with that pairing and it would distract both of them from playing their best. 

I agree. Pair both veterans w/younger players who could benefit from their experience! I don't recall the Tiger/Phil pairings working out very well in the past.

5 hours ago, klineka said:

That'd only be midnight in New Mexico, just stay up and watch it. Who needs sleep? :-P

Uhhh, I do! And it would be 2AM here! I'm just praying they have replays during the hours when most sane adults would be awake!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just think that Tiger's win on the weekend was amazing news for team USA. It will boost their confidence in a huge way. He's definitely a sure point winner in the singles, me thinks.I wonder how he'll do this time round when playing with a partner ..

There is no upside to pairing Tiger/Phil - all the pressure is on them and if they lose it would be a huge boost to the Euros.  Not even taking into account that Phil is playing like dog balls and Tiger doesn't need someone he's beaten for 20 years telling him how to read a putt.  

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

There's something beautiful about cypress trees like in the Italian countryside lined up on a golf course.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Woods: Find your game Jordan.

Spieth: #1 ball in golf Tiger.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Steve

On 9/25/2018 at 7:59 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

I'm just praying they have replays during the hours when most sane adults would be awake!

record.JPG.531f2393c63c4e35c1ae0609cade01a0.JPG

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 9/25/2018 at 6:59 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

Uhhh, I do! And it would be 2AM here! I'm just praying they have replays during the hours when most sane adults would be awake!

Most sane adults have a DVR, I haven't watched a commercial in 5 years!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Most sane adults have a DVR, I haven't watched a commercial in 5 years!

This.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So, no Spieth and Reed pairing, at least not in the first set of matches.  Interesting considering their past success as a team.  I hate the time difference when we’re in Europe, I’m not gonna get home from work until 4:30 tomorrow afternoon, this sucks!!!!!!!   

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

• Administrator

Match 1: Koepka/Finau vs. Rose/Rahm
Match 2: Johnson/Fowler vs. McIlroy/Oleson
Match 3: Spieth/Thomas vs. Casey/Hatton
Match 4: Reed/Woods vs. Molinari/Fleetwood

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Morning Fourball pairings:

1. Koepka/Finau vs. Rose/Rahm
  2. Johnson/Fowler vs. McIlory/Oleson
  3. Spieth/Thomas vs. Casey/Hatton
  4. Reed/Woods vs. Molinari/Fleetwood

That last match will be awesome. This US team is so deep, too. I'm not sure Europe would be favored to win any of these matches.  

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Just now, DeadMan said:

Morning Fourball pairings:

1. Koepka/Finau vs. Rose/Rahm
  2. Johnson/Fowler vs. McIlory/Oleson
  3. Spieth/Thomas vs. Casey/Hatton
  4. Reed/Woods vs. Molinari/Fleetwood

That last match will be awesome. This US team is so deep, too. I'm not sure Europe would be favored to win any of these matches.  

Just throw everything out thats on paper once that first tee shot whistles through the air. 

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I'm just curious to see how Reed and Woods play together. They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, but does Woods really think that?

I also think the first match is going to be a really good and close one. Koepka and Rose seem like a good match, though Rahm seems to outclass Finau ever so slightly. 

Interestingly enough, Rose lost his top spot in the OWGR last week and Dustin Johnson jumped up from 3rd to first. Just goes to show how close the top 3 all were to each other that a 3rd and a T4 (along with their dropped events, and Koepka's T26) can make a swing like that possible in one week.

Edited by Pretzel

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I'm just curious to see how Reed and Woods play together. They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, but does Woods really think that?

Do you honestly think that if Tiger didn't want to play with Reed, that he'd be playing with Reed?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I'd say yes he does. He likes Reed a lot. Mentored him at the 2016 Cup and helped motivate Reed to play some phenomenal golf in that event. 

Be interesting to see how things go for DJ/Koepka and Spieth/Reed. Those have been two very strong pairings for the American team in the past. Splitting them up could backfire on Furyk. We shall see how it goes! 

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

Do you honestly think that if Tiger didn't want to play with Reed, that he'd be playing with Reed?

Obviously I don't think they'd play together if Tiger actually didn't like Reed, I'm just curious if Tiger likes or dislikes Reed wearing his signature getup on Sundays. I was going to wonder if they'd coordinate their outfits as a joke, but then I remembered the whole Ryder cup team does that anyways.

Note: This thread is 2014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!