IGNORED

2019 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 1466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Frank-0-Sport said:

If Brooks Koepka, currently -10, were to hole out his 2nd at 18 -AND- if Molinari finishes at least -12, Tiger Woods (-11) would be knocked out of tomorrow's final group, because Finau (-11) finished ahead of Woods.

Well, that scenario is no more -- so, barring any unthinkables, the final group will be Molinari, Finau and Woods.

Edited by Frank-0-Sport

This cut by Scott was pretty good. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

TIger was saying he has to be up at like 3AM or 4AM tomorrow to get ready.

Makes you wonder what he has to do to sleep soundly because if he's sleeping 8 hours, that means a bedtime of like 7PM or 8PM which I presume he rarely does.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 minute ago, RFKFREAK said:

Makes you wonder what he has to do to sleep soundly because if he's sleeping 8 hours, that means a bedtime of like 7PM or 8PM which I presume he rarely does.

When he was married, Tiger was often in bed by 7pm and home by 10.

I kid, I kid.

IIRC, Tiger sleeps fewer than eight hours a night.  At one point I thought he said he got by on 4-6 hours/night.

Molinari, it appears, is human after all. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Whoa, Molinari actually does something imperfect. 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

When he was married, Tiger was often in bed by 7pm and home by 10.

I kid, I kid.

IIRC, Tiger sleeps fewer than eight hours a night.  At one point I thought he said he got by on 4-6 hours/night.

Molinari, it appears, is human after all. 

Either way, he (and the others) have to adjust their sleeping schedules which may affect some of the players tomorrow. 

Christian

1 minute ago, RFKFREAK said:

Whoa, Molinari actually does something imperfect. 

Either way, he (and the others) have to adjust their sleeping schedules which may affect some of the players tomorrow. 

It's going to affect this member of the audience too.  I plan to watch the whole thing, so I'm probably going to sleep by 8 tonight.  How this affects my coming work week remains to be seen.

Nevermind, he is a machine.

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

4 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

That’s 6(six!) hours before he tees off. When I play early on a Sunday it’s up at 6.30 on the tee at 7.30. Surely he wouldnt get up 6 hours before an early start every time he plays?

Stevie T

1 minute ago, Beastie said:

That’s 6(six!) hours before he tees off. When I play early on a Sunday it’s up at 6.30 on the tee at 7.30. Surely he wouldnt get up 6 hours before an early start every time he plays?

That's what he said in the post round interview when asked how his day will look tomorrow before teeing off. 

4 minutes ago, Shindig said:

It's going to affect this member of the audience too.  I plan to watch the whole thing, so I'm probably going to sleep by 8 tonight.  How this affects my coming work week remains to be seen.

Nevermind, he is a machine.

Haha, I'm supposed to out and get drinks with friends tonight.  Tomorrow is going to be rough, haha 

Christian

I bet Molinari’s gonna get some advice via text from Rocca. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger is in the last group tomorrow.  Finau has as many people above him in the world ranking as Tiger has major championship wins.

-- Michael | My swing! 

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I bet Molinari’s gonna get some advice via text from Rocca. 

Don’t think he needs advice. He played with him at Carnoustie last year and did just fine. He’s been around the block enough to not let it bother him. Guy is a rock.

Molinari must not realize what the weather is supposed to be like since he said someone might shoot 9 under tomorrow. 

Christian

If Molinari wins tomorrow, I would say over the course of the last 12 months, he's been the best player in the world. That would be two majors, four wins total, five if you count the BMW PGA, and a domination at the Ryder Cup. There's also a few runners-up finishes thrown in there. I would say that tops even Koepka.

Edited by ChrisP

Molinari is an absolute rock.....he may not win tomorrow, but would be surprised if he loses it.

On a related note, I just cannot figure out how he gets the speed/distance he gets from his swing....everyone else I get, but just watching that swing it doesn't add up to me.....but good on him.

PS.....I love the early start....just like the Open...up early, done early

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I imagine Phil's jabs at Kuchar this morning probably didn't help with public sentiment towards him any, at the very least.

Explain please @Pretzel?

Oh ha ha ha.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Eldrick will probably not sleep a wink tonight. He will stare at the ceiling all night knowing that tomorrow is his his only chance for a legitimate comeback. Final paring on Sunday. How long has he waited for this moment in time. If he can't close the deal tomorrow, his credibility will be gone, and the leg-humpers at the Golf Channel and cBS will scramble to bleat the usual excuses.

Tomorrow is the day Eldrick.

1 minute ago, Ping said:

Eldrick will probably not sleep a wink tonight. He will stare at the ceiling all night knowing that tomorrow is his his only chance for a legitimate comeback. Final paring on Sunday. How long has he waited for this moment in time. If he can't close the deal tomorrow, his credibility will be gone, and the leg-humpers at the Golf Channel and cBS will scramble to bleat the usual excuses.

Tomorrow is the day Eldrick.

Problem is the guy in first looks pretty damn unflappable and is arguably the best player in the world the last 12 months. Tigers going to need a great round,  but he’s also going to need Molinari to make mistakes, and this is something that he witnessed first hand at Carnoustie last year in similar windy conditions he doesn’t really make.

But I hope Tiger can do it, but if I were a betting man, my money would be going on the Italian.

Note: This thread is 1466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!