IGNORED

2019 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 1477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

By my count, Tiger has drained twelve putts today.  ;-)  As per the ruling in the 1962 U.S. Open playoff, in stroke play you must hole your shot to finish the hole. 

Haha by my definition he’s made tap-ins not putts.

But he made one there on 13. Finally.

Am I hearing people booing Kuchar or are they just saying "Kooch"? On the tee it sounded like people saying "Kooch", but when he drained the eagle putt it sounded a lot like booing (but could just be because the mics are a ways away from the patrons).

If it's booing, I feel bad for the guy since I don't think he did anything wrong. It's open for debate as to whether he did or not, but booing someone is just poor taste and I'd be surprised that Augusta isn't removing patrons for it since they're known to be so strict with etiquette. 

I imagine Phil's jabs at Kuchar this morning probably didn't help with public sentiment towards him any, at the very least.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Whoa, 10th tee start for half the field tomorrow.  Is that the first time in Masters history they have done this?  I understand why. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

PSA

DC5C3003-B992-448B-A58D-8BC06DE85C13.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Haha by my definition he’s made tap-ins not putts.

But he made one there on 13. Finally.

I'm just making a dad joke ;-) 

Just now, Pretzel said:

Am I hearing people booing Kuchar or are they just saying "Kooch"?

If it's booing, I feel bad for the guy since I don't think he did anything wrong. It's open for debate as to whether he did or not, but booing someone is just poor taste and I'd be surprised that Augusta isn't removing patrons for it since they're known to be so strict with etiquette. 

I imagine Phil's jabs at Kuchar this morning probably didn't help with public sentiment towards him any, at the very least.

I think they're just saying Kooch, his nickname.  I can only remember players chanting boo at two different players:  Weekley and Poulter, and that didn't happen at the Masters. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

The weirdest part about the Sunday tee-times to me is that on a Sunday at a major they're starting people on the back 9 AND going in 3's.

I can understand the threesomes, but splitting between holes 1 and 10 just seems weird to me.

JUST ANNOUNCED -- by Masters Tournament Chairman Fred Ridley
Early Sunday Start -- All groups off in Threesomes
CBS on-air for the final round at 9:00 AM ET

https://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2019-04-13/finalround_tee_times_adjusted_due_to_weather.html?promo=siteAlert

Edited by Frank-0-Sport

Just now, ChrisP said:

Going to have a British Open Sunday feel to it. 

I forget where you live but I'm on the west coast and am going to have to change my day plans for this.  Happy to do it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

I forget where you live but I'm on the west coast and am going to have to change my day plans for this.  Happy to do it.

I’m really shocked they’re doing it but applaud them. I remember past years when tournament officials went against the forecast and teed off to please the tv executives. Only bad part is the wind is supposed to really howl tomorrow.

Oh sure, that one doesn't go right ... (Tiger, tee shot, 15)

Tiger is in shock he hit a 5-iron and the ball went 240 yards.

In fairness to Tiger, I'd be shocked if I hit a 5-iron that far, too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Has anyone from Big Break won a major?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Will some of the last groups tee off at ten? 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 minute ago, Zeph said:

Will some of the last groups tee off at ten? 

Probably just going to be the bottom half of the leaderboard teeing off at 10.

Tiger is now one shot off the lead.  Double digits under par in a major.  C'mon Tiger!

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Has anyone from Big Break won a major?

I had to look up what you meant.  Figures I'd get cable TV after the show stopped.  Anyway, Tony Finau was in Big Break Disney (I had to look it up).  I don't think anyone has.

I mean, guest stars -- Lorena Ochoa showed up at Big Break Mexico at one point, I think.  But she wasn't a contestant. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Noticed Woods has maybe the pin position sheet in his front left pocket. I can’t play with anything protrusive in the pockets. 

Steve

The cream rises to the top on moving day. Don’t write off the big cat though.

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

Going out in tbreesomes gives Tiger a good shot of getting in last group if he can get in at -11.

Jesus does this Molinari have a weakness?

Edited by ChrisP

Note: This thread is 1477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!