IGNORED

The Mystery of This Putter

buteman
Note: This thread is 1904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

This is a first time post and I'm hoping someone in the forum may be able to help me. I recently received a Mizuno / Bettinardi Black Carbon putter, it's a mallet style putter and it looks like it has never been used and I'm trying to determine as to whether this putter is genuine or counterfeit. 

On the sole it has Mizuno Black Carbon 343g. a hexagon with the initial B towards the heel and BC3 towards the toe. On the face on the toe it has F.I.T. Face and on the heel it has the Mizuno emblem. There is a number on the heel ( S57349 ). The putter has a black and yellow grip Mizuno on the front and Black Carbon on the sides and hasa black and yellow headcover with Bettinardi on top. 

I have tried contacting Bettinardi as of this writing I've had no response, anyone have any ideas I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Cheers,

30 minutes ago, buteman said:

Hello,

This is a first time post and I'm hoping someone in the forum may be able to help me. I recently received a Mizuno / Bettinardi Black Carbon putter, it's a mallet style putter and it looks like it has never been used and I'm trying to determine as to whether this putter is genuine or counterfeit. 

On the sole it has Mizuno Black Carbon 343g. a hexagon with the initial B towards the heel and BC3 towards the toe. On the face on the toe it has F.I.T. Face and on the heel it has the Mizuno emblem. There is a number on the heel ( S57349 ). The putter has a black and yellow grip Mizuno on the front and Black Carbon on the sides and hasa black and yellow headcover with Bettinardi on top. 

I have tried contacting Bettinardi as of this writing I've had no response, anyone have any ideas I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Cheers,

We’d love (need) to see a pic!

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-images/

Edited by Vinsk
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to The Mystery of This Putter

That is a good looking putter.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Legit or not...how do you like it?  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I had the BC1 version of these putters. I liked it a lot, but the shaft was too short. I retrospect, I should have kept it and had it modified to my specs. I liked the black because it was easy to aim. The milling on the face gave impact a nice feel too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 hours ago, cooke119 said:

Looks good, how does it feel?

To be honest I haven't had a chance to try it. I have a minor issue with my hands so I need a fatter and softer grip and I've just had the grip replaced. We are probably six weeks away from our golf season opening ( I live in central B.C. ).

My local GolfTown has an excellent artificial green so I will go down there today and see how the ball rolls.

Cheers.

11 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

That was my question. Do you want to sell it, or use it? Unless I paid mega bucks for it, I wouldn't care if it was fake or not if it felt great and worked for me. 

Yes I couldn't agree more, good point, I certainly didn't pay mega bucks for it ( $ 80.00 Can. ). It's a fairly short putter and it does get my eye right over the top of the ball which I like. The grip is being changed to something a bit fatter and softer. I will try it out today on GolfTown's artificial greens and see how the ball rolls off the face. 

Cheers,

It's legit or the best looking forgery I've ever seen. And if its the latter then who cares it still looks great. 

FWIW you should take one of those pictures (or something else of your choosing) and add an avatar. Get rid of the blue B.

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/add-an-avatar/

• Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 1904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!