IGNORED

2019 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ted Potter Jr. won it last year, 3 strokes ahead of DJ and Mickelson. Coverage switches to CBS, and of course, there will be plenty of amateur shots and water cooler talk and some will be trying to figure out how to get in a round on the course along Carmel Bay.

TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 3-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday, 1-2:45 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS). Sunday, 1-2:45 p.m. (GC), 3-6:30 p.m. (CBS).

PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. (featured groups). Sunday, 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (featured groups).

GOLFTV: International fans can stream PGA TOUR LIVE coverage from Thursday-Saturday, 16:00 to 23:00 GMT. Sunday, 16:00 to 23:30 via subscription to GOLF.TV.

RADIO: Thursday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday, 1-6:30 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com).

pgatour_fb.jpg

Get the latest information and updates on the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

A little wet though:

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I assumed Tiger Woods was playing in this. I don't see him in the leaderboard, so guess not. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I would watch if they could find a way to make Bill Murray disappear......

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I assumed Tiger Woods was playing in this. I don't see him in the leaderboard, so guess not. 

Why? He hasn't played in this for years. SOOOO SLOOOOOWWWWWW.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, BallStriker said:

I would watch if they could find a way to make Bill Murray disappear......

I would watch it if Hosung was in a PGA Live feature golf

Players play, tough players win!

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Why? He hasn't played in this for years. SOOOO SLOOOOOWWWWWW.

Yeah, I totally forgot this.

Steve

Big names near the top after day 1

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Tough day at ATT, cold, wet  and round suspended.

Interesting story about John Rollins getting the call to fill a spot.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, skydog said:

Phil being a total brat about Casey calling it. They’re in the dark and have no chance of finishing 2 more holes. 

Sorry Phil- you have to wake up tomorrow morning at the same time as the rest of us and go play two holes of golf at one of the most beautiful places on earth. Boo f’ing hoo. 

Yeah, no way they were gonna play two more holes. Paul Casey's pro-am team is leading by one, too, and Casey has the chance to finish solo second.

Phil being pretty pissy about it. I agree.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, no way they were gonna play two more holes. Paul Casey's pro-am team is leading by one, too, and Casey has the chance to finish solo second.

Phil being pretty pissy about it. I agree.

I walked my comment back after Phil was at least a bit less borish about it in the post round interview, but yea pissy is a good word to describe his behavior. 

Ultimately, Casey saved him from another image/PR blubber because if they had somehow finished in the dark it would have just looked like Phil bullied him into agreeing to it (which is what Phil was trying to do).

Edited by skydog

• Administrator

Back in the day, I once called a sandlot baseball game because someone whizzed a line drive right past my head that I could not see! I was pitching and that scared the crap out of me. Not the same situation in golf, but if you can't see, you can't see! I don't know if Phil has cat's eyes, but if Casey does not, it doesn't matter. 

I didn't tune in until about 5PM Eastern, and the leaders were only on the 4th hole! OK, that's 2PM Pacific, but seeing as how slow the play is there, I figured they'd be lucky to finish today. Hell, it's dark at 6! 

I believe only group who did not finish, even those that finished on 8 and 9

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Note: This thread is 1898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!