IGNORED

Podcast with Dave and Me

iacas
Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

http://playgolfincollege.com/erik-barzeski-and-dave-wedzik/

Play Golf in College Podcast welcomes Erik J. Barzeski and Dave Wedzik, authors of The Lowest Score Wins.

Let me know what you think!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

Let me know what you think!

@david_wedzik sure likes to talk 😜

It's good. I enjoyed it. I like the iron sights analogy for shot zones. Everybody who shoots a gun instinctively understands if the gun shoots high and right, you adjust your aim, yet it's not something most people do on their approach shots.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just finished it. I thought it was well done. I was trying to imagine listening to this not having learned so much from this site. I do think that any golfer who listens to this who still believes in the old school 'drive for show putt for dough' would at least be intrigued to read the book. I don't think it would grab the attention of those who are so deeply buried in their stubbornness but I think it would grab the reasonable listeners who want to learn more. I enjoyed this.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• iacas changed the title to Podcast with Dave and Me

Great job Dave and Erik.

I have to go back and reread the book now. :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I really enjoyed it and i don't do podcasts....

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I have to go back and reread the book now. :whistle:

me too.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I liked it. Having read the book and taken lessons with Erik and Dave, it was easy to follow. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I liked it. Having read the book and taken lessons with Erik and Dave, it was easy to follow. 

Which means we may have missed the mark as we'd hope it's gonna make sense to those who haven't. If we said too much "inside" stuff that you already know… then I don't know if we did a great job.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Which means we may have missed the mark as we'd hope it's gonna make sense to those who haven't. If we said too much "inside" stuff that you already know… then I don't know if we did a great job.

Not necessarily. You touched on the points that are important. But there is a lot to digest and emphasizing the key points reaches the listener and they will want to learn more. 

You both did a good job of switching off each other, keeping is concise and gave good examples that were easy to understand. You also kept it light at times, which made it easy to listen to.

that being said, I have read the book 3 times, so I may not be the best "new" audience reviewer.

• Informative 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Thanks, Scott.

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Not necessarily. You touched on the points that are important. But there is a lot to digest and emphasizing the key points reaches the listener and they will want to learn more. 

Yes this. As I said it’s hard to get the stubborn one’s attention...I mean some will just refuse to learn.  But I definitely think you presented some points that intrigue the listener to want to learn more and get the book.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Got it. I will give it a listen tonight

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Good listen. I enjoyed it. I am getting kind of big on golf podcasts (the fried egg and shotgun start for example) so I really enjoyed getting to hear some of the topics that LSW discusses. It was also a good refresher since its been a year since I read the book. I also learned a new game to play on the range (the 30 point game). I will have to use that sometime soon. Thanks for posting!

Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!