IGNORED

Would You?

Mrd19abhs
Note: This thread is 5171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Would you turn in the club to the pro shop if you found a lost club on the course?

• Yes
    • No

I've never turned one into the club, but I've picked up a club on two separate occasions and returned it to the people playing ahead of me.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just turned in a forged six iron today at the driving range. I hit it though just to see what all the hub bub is about. It had a solid feel to it.

I've turned in a couple of wedges and a few putters over the past few years, either to a ranger or to the club house. Found someone's collection of score cards for the whole summer last fall.

I forgot and got my sand wedge back twice last year, and I also got back my 7i, 6i, and 5h last year after I realized I left them on the range at hole #3. And I sometimes keep a small point-n-shoot camera in the bag. It fell out last year and the group behind me returned it. They thought it was a range finder - fancy leather case. The clubhouse guys tell me they get about 3-6 clubs turned in every day.

However, I am still missing my PW from my current set of irons - lost in 2008, so not every good deed is returned in kind.

The odds of getting the club back depend on the following factors.
1) How good the guy that found it's clubs are
2) What club it is (a SW is more likely to be taken than a 8 iron)
3) How nice the person is.

I've forgotten my SW two or 3 times on greens and 2/3 times it was returned.....
I've found maybe 5 clubs on the course and I've always returned them.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

i almost lost a club once, i accidently left a vokey out on the practice green, and i had only had it about 2 days but luckley one of the club a graders took it to the pro shop! I was so happy!

In my Golf Bag...
Driver: Taylormade Burner 07 10.5 Degree w/ V2 76g Stiff
F/way Wood: : Bridgestone J33 15 Degree w/ Aldila NV 85g Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 909H 19 Degree w/ V2 89g Stiff
Irons: Tourstage X-blade 05 3-Pw w/ True Temper Black Gold StiffWedges: Titleist Oil Can Vokey 09 55 and 60...

I have my name and phone number glued on my every club, around the shaft just below the grip. This has proven to be valuable as I dropped one iron into the woods when searching for stray balls and did not notice it but later during the round. Two days later someone else was in the same woods, found my club and called me. All credit to the finder but it certainly helped both parties having my number on the club.

And yes, I would return any lost club.

Honestly, no.

seriously kid? for all intents and purposes, that is thievery. do you realize how much better the world would be without thieves? what's the harm in taking it to the pro shop? perhaps that club was a memoir given to them by someone special. maybe the putter, or wedge belonged to a passed loved one. you never know. take it from someone who's had a car radio, a 3 wood, a wedge, and golf shoes stolen in the past year. i wonder what your folks would have to say about that. i guarantee you'll change that attitude once you've had something stolen from you that you paid your own good money to buy. at least i hope it will, for your sake.

seriously kid? for all intents and purposes, that is thievery. do you realize how much better the world would be without thieves? what's the harm in taking it to the pro shop? perhaps that club was a memoir given to them by someone special. maybe the putter, or wedge belonged to a passed loved one. you never know. take it from someone who's had a car radio, a 3 wood, a wedge, and golf shoes stolen in the past year. i wonder what your folks would have to say about that. i guarantee you'll change that attitude once you've had something stolen from you that you paid your own good money to buy. at least i hope it will, for your sake.

You're REALLY gonna flame the guy for actually having the balls to be honest in this thread?? I guarantee he's not the only one who's done so in this forum.

As for myself, I've lost two and had one returned... the other is my 4iron somewhere in CT still. I've found many while working on a golf course, returned all but one... b/c it had no grip and it was nice to use after regripping during down time while working lol

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

You act like if I find one I just stick it in my bag and leave. As I posted, I make every effort to find the owner. But I will never turn a club into a pro shop.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Lost a two week old cg14 last summer and found a Vokey in the same round. Turned the Vokey in to the proshop and never saw my cg14 again.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

I've returned a bunch to the clubhouses. Cell phones make it handy to call in and report your findings.

I need to get some shaft labels printed.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Honestly, no.

OK. We know two things about you. You are honest, congratulations. And you are a thief.

If you have found a club it is 100% sure that SOMEONE has lost it. It is not likely you will coincide with that person, but it will be highly likely that that person will ask at the pro-shop or reception or lost-and-found area of that club if someone has returned it. I sure hope someday you come face to face with someone who recognizes their lost club in your bag.

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

If you have found a club it is 100% sure that SOMEONE has lost it. It is not likely you will coincide with that person, but it will be highly likely that that person will ask at the pro-shop or reception or lost-and-found area of that club if someone has returned it.

In every instance I've been involved in the group in front of me has come and asked me if I found their lost club or I will ask them.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

In every instance I've been involved in the group in front of me has come and asked me if I found their lost club or I will ask them.

Not enough pal !! Odds are the owner is not in the group ahead of you. If your intention is not to return the club, leave it where you found it. Don´t pick it up.

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

i would because people have had the decency to do it to me over the years

Never heard "Do to others what you would like to be done to you"?

Let's say that if a person lose a club, and the person finding it does not return it, the one who lost it will do the same if he finds one. Consequently, if someone lose a club and the first person finds it, he who had lost one himself, this third person won't get his club back. Why would you retaliate on other people, because someone did you wrong? I return everything I find, except balls and other small objects. I know how happy I would be myself if I lost a club and found it in the club house the next day. I don't have respect for people that steal clubs, they are no better than people who steal wallets they find on the ground. Being honest doesn't validate stealing, I see no problem in flaming such people. What would I need a random club for anways? I can't play with it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just thought of something: You are playing at a public golf course, so you don't know everyone as well as you would if it was private. You find a club on the ground on the 14th (or whatever) hole. As you finish your round, no one comes to you asking if you found a club. When you are done should you bring it to the clubhouse? Or should you leave your name, phone number, and a description of the club? This way, if someone comes to claim it, the pro shop gives them your number, and they contact you. If no one claims it, you get to keep it, rather than the pro shop selling it off after a while as a used club.

This is not something I have ever done, but don't you think that this would work better?

The only real downsides I can think of is if a kid loses the club, or if the person asks for money for the club, at which point the golf Gods will strike them down.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Never heard "Do to others what you would like to be done to you"?

I think he was saying he would turn the club in. The question was would you turn in a club if you found and it and he answered yes.

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Honestly, no.

You act like if I find one I just stick it in my bag and leave. As I posted, I make every effort to find the owner. But I will never turn a club into a pro shop.

If you don't turn it in to the shop then you haven't made every effort to get it back to the owner. In fact, you haven't really made any effort at all. The first thing that the owner is going to do when he finds it missing is call or stop by the clubhouse. We don't take contact info... it's hard enough to keep track of what's going on in busy golf shop without worrying about watching for individual player's clubs. I work in one, so I know. We keep the cheap clubs in a bin right next to my desk in the starter's booth. The good clubs go in a bag in the head pro's office. They do NOT end up in employee's bags. After more than 3 months have passed, the cheap ones are usually bundled up and donated to local junior golf programs (we will usually have up to 200-300 clubs by that time

). The good clubs are saved until winter, then they too are donated. If a club has contact info we contact the owner. If you keep clubs you've found then you are a thief. Period.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 5171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!