IGNORED

What ball(s) is in your bag?

Note: This thread is 3923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Motown88

For those of you who have more then one type of golfball, especially higher end ones, why? What is the point of having 3 or more variations of balls in your bag?  Am I one of the few that only plays one ball

I usually only carry a dozen. Usually prov1xs. I saw the hex blacks for 27.30 and thought they were a good deal. Same day during a round I got some guy selling z stars for 8 bucks a dozen out of the back of his truck. (course was in the woods and not alot of places you want to chase balls). A couple of days later my brother got me a dozen pro V's for my birthday.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

My favorite ball is the Hogan Apex Tour.  I bought 24 on ebay for not too much (less that $2/ball) a while ago, and I really like them. I may try to track down some more of them. Anyone else ever play these?

--My family keep giving me ProV1s, so I have a bunch of those.

--I won some Bridgestone RX-S's, so I have some of them.

--I like the Srixon Soft-Feel.

I carry one of each of those in my bag -- plus an assortment of slightly used balls.  I start my round with a Hogan.  If I lose it, then, depending on my score, I either switch to one of the other three new balls, or (if I'm not having a good round), I switch to an old/used ball.

So guys..since you all seem to know about golf balls,etc..and as i am still oblivious to the terms and specifics..i have a question. With a swing speed of 95mph+/-, and fight a slighttttt slice off the tee only.. do i want a soft cover or hard? Lot of compression or minimal? Im a 24yr old male and still on the rise.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

So guys..since you all seem to know about golf balls,etc..and as i am still oblivious to the terms and specifics..i have a question.

With a swing speed of 95mph+/-, and fight a slighttttt slice off the tee only.. do i want a soft cover or hard? Lot of compression or minimal? Im a 24yr old male and still on the rise.

Srixon Q stars are good balls for players that need less spin and titleist NXT are good also just a bit more expensive but have a softer feel. I play z stars but if I were to downgrade I think it would be the NXT.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by onesome

Srixon Q stars are good balls for players that need less spin and titleist NXT are good also just a bit more expensive but have a softer feel. I play z stars but if I were to downgrade I think it would be the NXT.

I usually dont play tour balls but I just keep getting them lately. NXT is my mid level ball but I did like the q stars.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

I normally carry some Titleist Pro V1x's and the Costco Titleist Tour Distance. Which I play depends on how I'm playing, what kind of course, etc. For example, on some of the executive courses I play with my wife, I'll use the harder Tour Distance so I don't get too much spin and so that I don't tear up too many expensive Pro V's. On longer courses, it depends on if I'm hitting it well. If I am, I'll go with the Pro V's. If not, I'll stick with the $15/dozen Tour Distance balls... The one thing I don't like about the Pro V's is how much wedges chew them up. About 9 holes is the max I'll usually end up getting out of one before I pull it due to scuffing from wedge shots. I guess that's the tradeoff for the soft feel and spin though... At least they're not like the old balata balls that one bladed shot would put a smile across the whole ball. :-P

:tmade: R11 9* Blur Stiff --- R11 14* 3w Blur Stiff --- Rescue 11 21* Aldila RIP Stiff :tmade: Tour Preferred CB 3i-6i --- MC 7i --- MB 8i-PW - Project X Flighted 6.0, custom lie and lofts :vokey: Oil Can 52.08 --- Oil Can 56.11 --- Oil Can 60.07 :cameron: 1996 Catalina - Custom specs made @ :titleist:

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

So guys..since you all seem to know about golf balls,etc..and as i am still oblivious to the terms and specifics..i have a question.

With a swing speed of 95mph+/-, and fight a slighttttt slice off the tee only.. do i want a soft cover or hard? Lot of compression or minimal? Im a 24yr old male and still on the rise.

I have never liked golf balls that did not have a urethane cover, even when I was shooting in the 80's and 90's.  IMO...you will lower your scores faster by learning to play a variety of shots around the green and you need a golf ball with a urethane cover to play shots that will check up when the need arises.

They actually make several golf balls with urethane covers that are made for slower swing speeds...Bridgestone B330 RX and RX S, Callaway Hex Chrome, Bridgestone E5, Srixon Z-Star SL version.  Unfortunately they didn't make these type golf balls when I started playing golf.

I carry all sorts of balls in my bag, except during a tournament, then it's nothing but ProV1x.  I found this ball is longest off the tee and has the most spin with irons and around the green.

When I play a casual round, I'll hit any of the premium balls I've found--Callaway, Nike, Bridgestone, etc.

But when money is on the line, nothing but ProV1x for me.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My go-to ball is the ProV1, but I carry RBZs, Pentas and many Srixon Q-Stars as my home course is sponsored by Cleveland/Srixon.  I'm lucky though, my dad works at a high end private course clos by so I get the majority of my balls for free !!!

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

If I had to choose a go-to ball, I'd say one of my Callaway Big Bertha's. I find that they're a good all around ball to hit and especially easy to control.

I would've said a ProV1, but unfortunately I lost my last one a few weeks ago!

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Bridgestone E5 and a various assortment of used Precept balls (Laddie-X, U-Tri Tour and EV) that I picked up for $6 a dozen at Target.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Penta/V1x and E5/E6 I play Bridgestone when my swing is off and I'm more likely to spray them left and right.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I use top flite gamers mostly, just got my first prov1's (x-outs) and liked them enough to consider buying more when these disappear, it hurts when you lose one of these though.

I also have a dozen or so miscellaneous balls I have found on the course.

Callaway HEX Chrome.

I must have a urethane cover. And these are lively, great in the wind, and feel comparable to other premium balls off the putter. And I usually find them on sale for about $31/dz out the door.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Two pockets:

Mixed premium balls that I found or retired from past years. About 10 balls. Use these when practicing on practice holes and working on something that might cause me to loose balls. Also pull one when playing if the hole is very high risk or perhaps first hole with trouble.

Main pocket has only Callaway HEX Chromes yellows right now. My go to ball. Carry about a dozen at a time.

All balls are marked for me so I can just pull a ball and not grab a sharpie.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Note: This thread is 3923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!