• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michaeldays

What are all of your favorite grips for irons and woods?

54 posts in this topic

I am pretty indecisive about grips but currently use golf pride tour wrap on my irons, golf pride multi compounds on my woods, and tour velvet on my wedges. WHAT ABOUT YOU!?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Golf Pride red VDR on all clubs expect putter. Super stroke 2.0 on that.

Same on all clubs ... "Pure Pros" right now. Love em! Also have a set of golf pride niions that I reviewed for the site that I really liked. (But they were orange so I swapped the pures back on for now)

Awards and Achievements

How are the niions? Was thinking of going with the orange ones next re grip

only heard good things :D im thinking of going with lamkins on my irons net re grip, the tour wraps are just "too grippy" if you know what i mean

How are the niions? Was thinking of going with the orange ones next re grip

I loved em. Orange wasn't really my thing ... But the grips themselves are great. A lot like my pures in fact. Basically just rubber (no cord) and tacky. If you're on the desktop version of the site click on the hyperlink number next to "reviews" under my name and I think you'll find it.

Awards and Achievements

Do the colored grips stay looking good? Wanting some white pure pro or p2 wraps.

Not sure about white grips but the Red VDR's I use stand up well. They lose very little of the original shade. I still have the same grip on my 5 iron from the start of last season. It looks just as lively as the other irons and woods I had re gripped earlier this season.

I use Lamking REL 3 GEN White on a set of irons, and Lamkn Performance Plus Wedge Grip on the ... uhm,  Wedges. I may use the Performance Plus on the irons and woods next time as it is less tapered. yes sir

The Lamkins have lasted 2 years in my irons and I use them frequently. I also clean them once per week. At the same time, I'm always looking for grips that hold in hot, humid conditions without a glove. When it gets in the high 80's, the glove comes on.

Awards and Achievements

PURE Grips. Hands (grips?) down.

Awards and Achievements

Irons - Winn Dri Tac Oversize

Woods & Driver - Winn Dri Tac Wrap Lite Oversize

Originally Posted by iacas

PURE Grips. Hands (grips?) down.

Agreed.  Best grips out there; wouldn't think about putting anything else on my clubs (and I've tried them all).

As for your question on the white grips, I just took a set of the PURE Pro's in white off my clubs.  Not because they were worn our or even looking bad; I just wanted a different color.  Still looked like new after a lot of rounds and a hell of a lot of range balls.  Every set of PURE grips I've taken off is because I wanted a color change-not because they were worn out.

New Decade multicompound midsize on all but the putter.

I really liked the blue WinnLites I put on this season but they wear out a little too quickly so I'll be looking at something else when I regrip this winter.

Awards and Achievements

Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compounds - Driver, woods, hybrids

Golf Pride Tour Velvets - irons, wedges  (I might put the Multi-comps on them this winter)

Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol - putter (but the Super Stroke 3.0 felt REALLY good when trying them out) - I'm wondering also if the regular Jumbo would have been better at twice the weight.  We'll see..

I don't really have a strategy.  Wouldn't know where to start but would like to.  I'm finding that I like the feel of what I have though.

Awards and Achievements

Golf Pride Tour Velvet *midsize* on everything. I'm even thinking of getting on on my putter (I grew up with round grips on the putter).

Even though I wear a ML cadet glove (shorter than average fingers), I find I get a better grip with the midsize grips.

I've read a few comments/articles over the last few months (*after* I got my grips) that many people play grips that are too small for them.