IGNORED

Intimidating colors for Final Round Golf

Kelzzy
Note: This thread is 3772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Forget the color of your clothes and go with face paint.  Tribal face paint and fake biker / prison tats will definitely give you the edge you're looking for.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i would go all black like Mickelson.

Long before Phil, Gary Player wore all black attire, thus came the nickname, "The Black Knight."

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Sup bros. I was thinking, "What is an intimidating color for the final round of golf, besides the obvious Tiger red?"

Here are a couple of ideas...

1) Ian Poulter Pink

2) Duffy Waldorf's "Blue Hawaii"

3) John Daly's "Eye of the Tiger"

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

If you find the other outfits lacking a certain "pizzazz" that you were looking for, here's something to try.

Shimmering gold never goes out of style, does it?

If you find the other outfits lacking a certain "pizzazz" that you were looking for, here's something to try. [IMG]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/454/946/12ianpoulter-totalprosports_display_image.jpg?1343590280[/IMG] Shimmering gold never goes out of style, does it?

Are we sure those aren't just bronze sculptures of Poulter?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Sup bros. I was thinking, "What is an intimidating color for the final round of golf, besides the obvious Tiger red?"

A dark yellow seems like a good choice, or possibly a black. I'm just looking for an intimating color that I can make a trademark as my own for the final round, like Tiger Red.

Looking forward to your responses!

No such thing.  I couldn't care less what someone wears for the first round or the last.  No matter what he wears, when I'm paired with the guy who who steps up to the first tee and slices his ball 30 yards out of bounds, any possible intimidation is gone.  He could be wearing cargo shorts and a worn out polo with frayed sleeves, but if he stripes that first shot 280 down the middle, then I'm going to pay attention.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I like the all black idea.  Maybe throw in a silver belt buckle and black straw hat.  But you better have the game to go with the look.

Like many posters, what someone wears in large part means little to me.  That being said, however, I certainly think there are some people/golfers who might be negatively influenced by a competitor's clothing.  Certainly not at the PGA Tour level and not even very often at low level amateur events, but it does happen.  I have played with people who certainly act nervous when playing with a stranger (not me) who dresses in a way that says, "I'm good".

Of course the problem with dressing in a way that says "I'm good" is when the player then proceeds to top his first drive 50 feet.  The intimidation factor quickly swings to humor.  Better to dress for comfort and not to send others a message.

Brian Kuehn

Of course the problem with dressing in a way that says "I'm good" is when the player then proceeds to top his first drive 50 feet.  The intimidation factor quickly swings to humor.  Better to dress for comfort and not to send others a message.

This.

I find it a difficult juggling act as when I don't dress well I lack confidence on the course. When I do dress well but my game is bad I become acutely aware that I look the part but can't play and am garnering amused looks from other players. That then has a knock-on effect where I try harder to pay well and play worse because of it. lol

I tend to try and dress well but understated to avoid those situations nowadays.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Long before Phil, Gary Player wore all black attire, thus came the nickname, "The Black Knight."

That's what I usually wear in cool weather. Can't say that there's any intimidation though. :-D

Even if there was any intimidation it would pretty much go out the window with the first look at my swing.

Of course the problem with dressing in a way that says "I'm good" is when the player then proceeds to top his first drive 50 feet.

Like to deliberately work that into my strategy. Top the first drive short of the ladies tee and they're all: "Pants down, dick out!" So I oblige -- and then they're really intimidated.

:banana:

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Like to deliberately work that into my strategy. Top the first drive short of the ladies tee and they're all: "Pants down, dick out!" So I oblige -- and then they're really intimidated.

Ha!  Well said.

Brian Kuehn

Quote:

Originally Posted by lajito64

i would go all black like Mickelson.

And for evidence of that you post an image from a game? ;-)

Something like this photo of the Big Three might have been a better choice:

Or this:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I think the colors make work more for the wearer than be intimidating to the competition.  The OP mentioned colors to wear in an interview.  I am far more interested in the person than what they are wearing.  When I interview people to hire, I look for eye contact, communication skills and personality.  I rarely care what they are wearing as long as they are not a slob.

I had a college friend who was at the placement center in school in jeans and a tee shirt.  He had an interview with Kodak in the afternoon.  They called his name early.  He was terrified and said to the recruiter, "But I am not wearing a suit."  The recruiter replied, "That's OK.  We don't hire the suit."  He was hired and spent a long career there.

I only note what others are wearing at the first tee if I think they will be over or underdressed for the weather.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Purple seems to do it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I see you more in this outfit @Ernest Jones

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I see you more in this outfit @Ernest Jones

Gasp... :drool: .. . I've completely forgotten what we were talking about.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!