IGNORED

Two Golfers hospitalized after fighting over Rules of Golf!

Spyder
Note: This thread is 3550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's not worth it. I called my friend out a few weeks ago for grounding his club in the hazard ( @Jeremie Boop was there). He kept making excuses and arguing with me to which I repeatedly responded, "Dude. Write down whatever you want." He spent the next several days trying to justify his position, but I kept telling him that I didn't care. I certainly wasn't going to agree with him, but he is only cheating himself.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's not worth it. I called my friend out a few weeks ago for grounding his club in the hazard (@Jeremie Boop was there). He kept making excuses and arguing with me to which I repeatedly responded, "Dude. Write down whatever you want." He spent the next several days trying to justify his position, but I kept telling him that I didn't care. I certainly wasn't going to agree with him, but he is only cheating himself.

I've found that people get very angry if you tell them they broke a rule and just keep it to myself most of the time anymore. Last week I had an opponent under a tree breaking limbs to give himself a easier time getting enough swing to get out. It was so bad his playing partner even looked at me wide eyed. To be fair, the league allows so many rules to be broken that to even try to call someone out is pointless. Drops where the ball goes OB, preferred lies ANYWHERE, gimme putts, etc.... I think part of why I don't do very well in that league is because every time I see them break a rule it annoys the crap out of me and they'll tell me "don't hit from there, move the ball" or something similar. I get tired of telling them I play by the rules all the time.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I've found that people get very angry if you tell them they broke a rule and just keep it to myself most of the time anymore. Last week I had an opponent under a tree breaking limbs to give himself a easier time getting enough swing to get out. It was so bad his playing partner even looked at me wide eyed. To be fair, the league allows so many rules to be broken that to even try to call someone out is pointless. Drops where the ball goes OB, preferred lies ANYWHERE, gimme putts, etc.... I think part of why I don't do very well in that league is because every time I see them break a rule it annoys the crap out of me and they'll tell me "don't hit from there, move the ball" or something similar. I get tired of telling them I play by the rules all the time.

Yeah. I actually had a guy get po'd at me last year and quit the league because I hit a provisional on Eagle #2 after I was relatively sure that I hit it OB. It turns out I did. He wanted me to go "take a drop" and play 3 from there. I guess I was breaking the rules by not playing by the "league rules"??? At any rate, the guy has a drinking and temper problem, so no big loss.

- Shane

I'm surprised it wasn't 10-2 b. The most widely broken rule I see on a consistent basis. Gotta love it when some dude you're playing with hits the front of the green to a back pin, looking at a 90' putt, then tries to tell you to go ahead as your ball sits pin high on the apron.

Someone getting angry at you for playing by the rules is a little funny.

I guess a couple of my guys have sort of looked at me strange when I started re-teeing OB shots and eschewing the standard mulligans we generally allow. They understand where I'm coming from now.

Not that uncommon..

That guy looked like he was instantly sick with himself for what he did too. Self control is a wonderful thing, you never have to get that feeling he had by actin rashly.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Only once have I mentioned rules to another golfer, and that was an attempt to prevent him from damaging the course unnecessarily. Didn't matter he did it anyway and because he happened to be a ranger at that course it made for an unpleasant round. Not only was he ignorant but he felt because he volunteered there he was free to do as he pleased. Which he mumbled every chance he got for the next 4 holes. Guy still doesn't talk to me and that was two years ago.

Dave :-)

What a disgrace! That guy is a grade 1 low life in my book!

Agree, 100%!

Sorry after the fact, but it's a bit late then.....!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

The guy keeps saying "sorry" and "I didn't want to do it"... Like he didn't want to, but had to? I guess I'm failing to see the point in the video where his hand was forced... Loser

The guy keeps saying "sorry" and "I didn't want to do it"... Like he didn't want to, but had to? I guess I'm failing to see the point in the video where his hand was forced... Loser

Typical bully behavior.. I venture to say that he has done this several times and he feels entitled to hit people when ever he wants! It is too bad we will never know the consequences, I would love to hear about how the book was thrown at him!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

A (now former) friend of mine was offended when I stopped being willing to bet with him. He was more offended when I told him it was because he cheats -- preferred lies everywhere, including bunkers, and mulligans (sometimes added back to his score for posting purposes). This is the same guy who called Dustin Johnson a cheater for the grounding incident at the PGA a few years back. But a physical fight? Not worth it. Nor is the solution from "Big Trouble" (the "we play with a guy that cheats" line).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Every fight I ever got in was over something stupid and trivial and certainly not worth fighting about.

A couple of guys arguing. The ridiculously trivial thing the argument is about takes a back seat to "being right". Somebody decides to take a swing and there it is.

Not that I wouldn't but I made the comment to a playing partner of mine that "your going to make me putt every single one aren't you?" while he decides not to go back to the tee and hit his 3rd shot because that ball should never be lost according to him that he hit into 3' fescue, then he decides he's only hitting his second shot from his illegal drop and then says he made 8 when I clearly counted 9 strokes but I have to putt every single putt. I was having a bad round and barely beat him but if I would have lost I'm sure he would have gloated, I have not played with him since.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

What I would like to bring up is that this game tells you so much about peoples personalities, I think some play from a pure tenacity aspect that they are not going to give up until they get this game mastered to some degree and then you have people who just simply can't get fazed by one single bad break because they are focused on just having a good time and want to enjoy the moment regardless of the games outcome, then there are the fakes that think they are light years better than what they really are and think the rules are for someone other than themselves while they claim an index 5 strokes lower than what they can handle.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I don't know whether to laugh or turn away in silent contempt from that sort of thing.  But I'm pretty old.  Sometimes I wish I was young and stupid again, but not that stupid.  I wouldn't mind being even younger.

I live in Western PA. Surprised someone wasn't shot. All in all, normal day.

—Adam

Note: This thread is 3550 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!