IGNORED

I Really Dislike the "Golf Dinosaur" Commercials

iacas
Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the "Don't be a Golf Dinosaur" commercials?

• I haven't seen them, but I still dislike them.
    • I hate them.
    • I really, really hate them.
    • They make me want to throw the remote at my TV.
    • They're tolerable. ;)

The raptor office guy ones are awesome, especially when you have a 6 year old daughter who loves dinosaurs, just had a dinosaur birthday, and you just bought clubs for trying to get her into golf. :) Plus the got the perfect guy to do it. The moaning guy one is stupid.
  • Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Meh, those aren't so bad and I do tend to avoid courses where the only way to make a tee time is to have to call the pro shop. It is not nearly as convenient as booking online.

I don't watch much live TV anymore, but when I do, I keep the remote nearby and mute whenever commercials roll. I dislike a lot of the commercials, have no interest in them and they are too loud.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Dumb if for no other reason that almost nobody books times like that in the modern age. If I am playing anywhere but my home course I look on-line to see what is available. At the home course I never book just show up and play. Even calling to ask if the course is busy isn't a good way to make plans. I've had people in the shop say it's wide open just come on in to get there and find people stacked on the tee. When in doubt get on-line and book a time.

Dave :-)

Dumb if for no other reason that almost nobody books times like that in the modern age. If I am playing anywhere but my home course I look on-line to see what is available. At the home course I never book just show up and play. Even calling to ask if the course is busy isn't a good way to make plans. I've had people in the shop say it's wide open just come on in to get there and find people stacked on the tee. When in doubt get on-line and book a time.

I hate making tee times myself. The extra $5 or $6 per person just strikes me a rip off, especially since I usually play in the late morning or afternoon. I get having a no-show fee, but charging 20 - 25% of your greens fees just to make a time bugs me. I've gotten in the habit of just showing up to play and either finding the course open or waiting an hour while I hit a bucket at the range. Better use of that money, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Meh, those aren't so bad and I do tend to avoid courses where the only way to make a tee time is to have to call the pro shop. It is not nearly as convenient as booking online.

I'm just the opposite - I avoid courses who push online bookings.  I'd rather make a quick phone call than have to go online, create an account, give them all my personal information and pay in advance by credit card for the entire group - and then be stuck holding the tab if anybody bails out.  If it was as simple as putting my last name into an open spot on an online tee sheet I'd gladly do it, but I don't like giving up all my personal info and e-mail address just to make a tee time, then being added to their spam e-mail list.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I hate making tee times myself. The extra $5 or $6 per person just strikes me a rip off, especially since I usually play in the late morning or afternoon. I get having a no-show fee, but charging 20 - 25% of your greens fees just to make a time bugs me. I've gotten in the habit of just showing up to play and either finding the course open or waiting an hour while I hit a bucket at the range. Better use of that money, haha.

Extra $$$? For golfnow maybe but many times I just go through the courses site without any additional charges. This weekend Golfnow ended up being slight cheaper even with the additional fee so I went through there. Some course here offer a lower rate for Tee Times booked online and a higher rate for not booking online.

I'm just the opposite - I avoid courses who push online bookings.  I'd rather make a quick phone call than have to go online, create an account, give them all my personal information and pay in advance by credit card for the entire group - and then be stuck holding the tab if anybody bails out.  If it was as simple as putting my last name into an open spot on an online tee sheet I'd gladly do it, but I don't like giving up all my personal info and e-mail address just to make a tee time, then being added to their spam e-mail list.

Rarely do I have to create a new account. Many of the courses use one of a few online booking systems so all I need to do is sign in with my email and password. No need to sign-up at every course and a yahoo or gmail account is great for this kind of thing. Also most have a way to opt out of their email lists. I rarely get spam from the courses or other golf related stuff. I sometimes check the box to get their 'special offers' and general emails. If they start spamming me then I just unsubscribe.

Extra $$$? For golfnow maybe but many times I just go through the courses site without any additional charges. This weekend Golfnow ended up being slight cheaper even with the additional fee so I went through there. Some course here offer a lower rate for Tee Times booked online and a higher rate for not booking online.

I'm envious. I've never encountered a golf course with free tee time reservations. $4 - $6 per golfer in the group is my universal experience, unfortunately.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

No courses here I know of charge a fee to book OL. Most don't even require a log in but usually require a credit card to reserve the time with a giant TOU that makes it seem cancelling would be a capital crime but most thank you for calling to cancel if you can't make it.

Dave :-)

No courses here I know of charge a fee to book OL. Most don't even require a log in but usually require a credit card to reserve the time with a giant TOU that makes it seem cancelling would be a capital crime but most thank you for calling to cancel if you can't make it.

This is my experience, too. To add to that, I'm pretty sure that most of my online accounts are linked to a credit card that has expired. As far as giving away my e-mail, I have a spam folder that I can use if the courses are really bad about it. I give more personal information away by joining my grocery store's discount program than booking online.

As for the commercials, they're dumb and not funny. So they're the same as about 98% of all commercials.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

They are all funny maybe the first time. How often do you laugh at a joke after you have heard it?  Anyway I don't know if 'hate' describes it - more like a grinding nuisance but voted hate.

For my taste commercials at large need to do a better job being subtle which their 'subliminal' suggestions. I also understand a certain amount of repetition is necessary to get their message out.

OT: Rory's Omega - 'living in a hall of fame' commercial needs to stop. Puhleeease!! At this point, it's gotta be working backwards on somebody considering an Omega purchase.

Vishal S.

OT: Rory's Omega - 'living in a hall of fame' commercial needs to stop. Puhleeease!! At this point, it's gotta be working backwards on somebody considering an Omega purchase.

Man I love that song though.  I start singing every time it comes on!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Man I love that song though.  I start singing every time it comes on!

Cool, let's see a pic of your shining new Omega, errr, Seamaster maybe? :-)

Vishal S.

They are all funny maybe the first time. How often do you laugh at a joke after you have heard it?  Anyway I don't know if 'hate' describes it - more like a grinding nuisance but voted hate.

For my taste commercials at large need to do a better job being subtle which their 'subliminal' suggestions. I also understand a certain amount of repetition is necessary to get their message out.

Is this really possible anymore?

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I don't get The Golf Channel so I had to go to You Tube.  I watched two of them and they are pretty annoying.

Let's hope they become extinct like the Suckasaurus.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

The moaning guy sucks. I don't mind the hopper though.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!