IGNORED

I Really Dislike the "Golf Dinosaur" Commercials

iacas
Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the "Don't be a Golf Dinosaur" commercials?

• I haven't seen them, but I still dislike them.
    • I hate them.
    • I really, really hate them.
    • They make me want to throw the remote at my TV.
    • They're tolerable. ;)

Really? I am looking at a tee time for one of favorite courses in the area for around 7am tomorrow. GolfNow has it listed at 20% off!!!!! Wow. I go to the courses website and click their tee time specials and lo and behold the course has it for the same exact price. It is 20% off their prime time price but still available on their site for the same price as GolfNow. If I go through the courses site there is no processing fee but through golfnow there is a $2.49 fee. It is cheaper to go through the course website and the course isn't getting dinged for a fee by GolfNow.

I almost exclusively use the "hot deals" but even if I don't I have always paid less using Golf Now unless it is compared to a sprinkler special.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

And look at that, their commercial started a thread where people are now talking about the benefits of their product.  Sounds like a darn good commercial to me.

A thread where many people are pointing out flaws with the product and vowing not to use the service because the commercials suck and annoy them. Yup.

Just like the Rory/Omega commercial.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A thread where many people are pointing out flaws with the product and vowing not to use the service because the commercials suck and annoy them. Yup. Just like the Rory/Omega commercial.

Yet tons of people like this one and I don't remember anyone saying they liked the Omega commercial.

YEAH, THEY'RE BAD!

... I actually really like the one where the guy climbs up on the table and eats the leaves. I thought that was funny.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Didn't know they marketed to 10 yr olds....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

A thread where many people are pointing out flaws with the product and vowing not to use the service because the commercials suck and annoy them. Yup. Just like the Rory/Omega commercial.

lol what?! Most people are saying they like them and they are getting brand recognition. That's a highly effective ad.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

It's just a silly commercial and I think funny the first few times watching but I'm not gonna say I hate them because I have seen them a few times, they obviously pay for a certain amount of air time to make sure they reach the whole demographic. I laughed at the office guy letting out that loud call right in front of the blonde making her jump.

• Upvote 1

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• 1 month later...
I suppose that if one of my adult grandchildren liked those commercials they could watch them at home. However, I am truly happy that your youngster enjoys them. Happy children are entertaining in themselves and having one that will watch golf is amazing.

I'm not a fan of the commercial.  I don't think a guy walking around acting like a raptor is going to encourage anyone to use their site.  I also have noticed that their discounts are exaggerated over what one can get from the course directly.

Joe Paradiso

I just saw a new version tonight that is worse than the other two where the guy gets in his wife's face. Then the paintings/pictures fall off the wall. Hopefully this is not a permanent approach to advertise their site like chik-fil-a has exhausted the cows telling people to eat more chicken!

A thread where many people are pointing out flaws with the product and vowing not to use the service because the commercials suck and annoy them. Yup.

Just like the Rory/Omega commercial.

Given that you  can't buy an Omega watch for under $4,500 I don't think a consumer boycott due to a crap ad really makes a  lot of difference at that end of the scale.

Having said that, yes, the Golf Dinosaur ads are revolting. I would not use them for that reason :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I'm not even sure what they are advertising. I mute the commercial or flip channels. I try to be a good Christian and pray for patience but some of those guys whining like a dinasauer I have felt like slapping them out of it. Not good for me! As a rule, I don't watch commercials. To each his own.

Sadly... the simple fact that there is a thread about these commercials means that they're working.

My wife laughs at them.  I dislike them... but not as much as I disliked the Starburst 'Berries & Cream' commercial years ago.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

I voted I hate them. Mildly annoyed would be closer.

I actually thought it was pretty funny the first time or so I saw it, but it is working its way to annoyance nerve by nerve. Ask me in a couple of months, and I will probably be in the remote throwing crowd.

I am pretty lucky I guess, in that I can usually call on the day of and get a time, and a couple of courses I can just walk up and play. Small town America still has a few benefits I guess.  I usually play during the week and late in the day, so that helps.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

GN needs some new golf dinosaur commercials so they don't beat the existing 2 to death. I think it's solid advertising calling those that still call golf courses dinosaurs - they just need to keep it fresh - or better yet, bring back Old Tom Morris - I loved that guy ... "Play it as it lies" & GO PLAY

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

GN needs some new golf dinosaur commercials so they don't beat the existing 2 to death. I think it's solid advertising calling those that still call golf courses dinosaurs - they just need to keep it fresh - or better yet, bring back Old Tom Morris - I loved that guy ... "Play it as it lies" & GO PLAY

Be careful what you ask for...the new one is worse than the others. The office guy is tolerable, the guy eating leaves is annoying, and the new one where the husband gets in his wife's face is downright painful to watch.

Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!