IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

shot my best score ever today: 44 from the whites

I was only 3 over going into #8, and that included a 4-putt on hole #3. Then I tripled #8 and doubled #9. Still my best round ever. I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with my golf swing and able to get the right swing thoughts in my head with a small bucket beforehand at the range. I also do a lot better walking, by myself, with nobody in front or behind me. I'll need to get better at playing in a group and with groups in front and behind. For now, it's kind of intimidating for me.

Β 

D:Β :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10*Β 3W:Β :tmade:Β AeroBurnerΒ TPΒ 15*Β 2H:Β :adams: Super 9031Β 18*Β 3-SW: :tmade:Β R9 StiffΒ P: :titleist:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura X7M 35"

Ball:Β Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain:Β C130 Cart BagΒ Push Cart:Β :sunmountain:Β Micro CartΒ Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't believe it, but I played my first round of golf on Christmas yesterday. Β It was 37 degrees when I started and 36 when I finished, but it was sunny and no wind so it was pretty comfortable -- for Northern Michigan.

Score - 88

Fairways - 6

GIR - 3

Putts - 31

My new Odyssey putter still amazes me. Β I'm finally feeling that my putting has improved for good.

I really wanted to get out and play because I built a new driver and wanted to try it out. Back in the days I was playing a lot of golf used a 13.5 degree driver both off the tee and off the fairway. Β I could hit the ball 260-270 off the tee and 240-250 off the fairway. Β I could hit most par 5's with that one club. Β I ended up with only that driver and a 7 wood in my bag for quite a few years. Β I built a 14 degree driver and wanted to try it out yesterday. Β I've been averaging 235 yds. off the tee with my 10.5 degree driver in warm weather. Β Lately, with the temps usually around 40-45 my drives have been around 220. Β Yesterday, my drives were the same distance with the new 14 degree driver -- possibly a little longer. Β I hit one drive 243 yds., albeit with a bit of wind assist. Β Although I only hit 6 fairways, I hit many drives in the 220 yd. range that didn't miss the fairways by much, and, as suspected, they were pushes and not full-out slices. Β I also hit 3 fairway shots with the new driver -- one 220 yds. and twoΒ 210 yds. Β I'm very happy with the results. Β Next year, if I can use the new 14 degree driver for both tee and fairway, I can add another wedge to the bag. Β Hopefully, that will improve my scoring to the point that I can see the handicap in single digits again as in my younger days.

Later,

John

Macgregor Tourney Driver, 5w, 3-4H, 5-PW, 52-58W

Heriko 14 degree Driver (Tee and Turf)

Odyssey Big-T Putter

Β 

First round of 2016.. Wait am I the first one from TST to play in 2016? Β Teed off at 6:35 am so many of you were either out or sleeping :)

anyway, shot a 97 and I conveniently shot a +4 on the last hole (had a double hit pitch shot that went no where).. Β Playing again tomorrow so I hope to do better.

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

Happy New Year all! Had a great result today - 17 handicap, shot a gross 79Β so gonna be cut. Huge boost to both game and ego! Now all I have to do is play to it!

Shot another 95 today (like last week)

had two +4 both because of errant drives.. Β A lot of bogies.. Β And I think I'm on the right track.

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

I shot 89 yesterday.Β Β  My driving was good, but my approach shots were not good, mostly short of the green, and my short game was not good enough to bail me out.Β Β  Good drive, miss the green on my second shot, chip and a two-putt.Β Β  Bogey bogey bogey, par, double bogey, bogey bogey, etc etc etc.Β 

I've noticed a pattern- on my approach shots, I am almost never long, almost always short.Β Β  Same with my chipping- almost never long, almost always short.Β Β  I think maybe I'm just too conservative.Β Β  Being short of the green is almost always better than going over the green.Β Β  I'm playing too safe.Β Β  I need to be more aggressive.Β 

Β 

Β 

• 4 weeks later...

116. Β Well, it was 27 holes so maybe 116 isn't too bad. Β Plus it is the first week in February and I played in SE Michigan. Β My score was helped immensely by the short par 35 nines I played but I am okay with the effort.

Brian Kuehn

A very frustrating 89.Β  I know, its early February and I literally spin back my driver in these conditions, but I'm still annoyed.Β  Not so much by the score, though it is higher than I like to see, just the process that got me there.

Terrible, terrible putting.Β  I was putting for par on 17 of 18 holes, some of these were not going to drop, but still I had a lot of 10-15 footers that could have dropped.Β  Unfortunately I only had 3 pars, and only two of which were of those 10 foot putts.Β  I 4 putted a par 3 for bogey, 3 putted 3 holes for double bogey, and flubbed several chips leading to then having to go up and down for bogey.Β  Only really good hole was #2, where I put my drive in the fairway, hit a great 6 iron layup, wedge to within 15 feet on the green, and one put for birdie.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Finally had some good weather to play in. 4 of us went out early, and by the 5th hole the jackets were off. Shot a 77, which is much better than those cold weather 80+ scores I have been carding lately.Β  Had 13 pars, and 5 bogies. Also putted well with 30. Low score in our group was a 71. High was an 81. Β We are most likely going again tomarrow, Β to a different course.Β 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Just shot my 3rd consecutive sub 80 round today. I have not shot three straight rounds in the (high) 70s in years. I actually matched the ambient temp today. Plus this was done on two different courses.Β 

Just playing good consistant golf. Enjoying it, as I know this is the exception, and not the rule for my game. I probably owe most of these scores to my December/January practice regimine.Β 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

77 front 37 back 40 slope 131 index 3.6

Been a while since last posting but had a good round the other day and figured I would post it, broke my pinky toe yesterday:pound:Β so I think I'm off the course for the next week

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3Β  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tourΒ Β 14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Best score in a while today, shot 71 on my home course (rating 69.4, slope 123). IΒ missed shooting my age by one, but was actually lucky to get the 71. I chipped in once, made a 30 footer on 18 for birdie, and made several 5 to 6 footers for pars. It hasn't rained in a couple of weeks, so the fairways are drying out, and it's nice to see a tee shot actually bounce and get some roll. It helps!

Β 

After an awful 106 last week, shot a 105 today. :'( My game seems to be falling the * apart for the millionth time. Very discouraged this evening. The more I try to learn and the more tips I get, the worse I get.

Played in a tough wind today on a some what open course. (not many wind breaks) Shot an 92, and got lucky a few times just for that. Even had a few wind aided putts run up hill. Several more were blown off line. It was a tough go, but someone had to do it. We pretty much had the course to ourselves.

Β I'd like to thank Β our CaliforniaΒ neighbors for sending this windy weather our way.

On another note, while golfing in the Laughlin NV area a few days ago, Β I saw my first rattlesnake this year. A bit on the early side for those critters.Β :-O

In My Bag: