IGNORED

I need golf buddies that can travel once a year

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 3051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, here is the dilemma without sounding like a craigslist personal ad lol

I was extremely fortunate to be selected to play in the Newport Cup in September. I had a blast golfing with a bunch of fellow TST members who I had no clue about until the day we met in Phoenix.

I have two close friends back home in Florida who came to visit me in Arkansas this past September for a small golf weekend, however one is now starting a business/buying a home, and the other is being blessed with his first child come spring.

That leaves me, 28 yr old looking for some golf buddies to travel and play a few rounds with on at least 2 trips next year. Destination would typically be in the united states, 3 rounds minimum. Im not looking to spend the money it takes to play exclusive country clubs and what not, but cool courses (like bethpage black, pinehurst, sawgrass) that can be had for under $200. 

Anyone out there with a similar problem looking for a golf trip buddy?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yo fellow West Coast team member. We take a trip to Bama every fall, play different RTJ courses each year.

It's usually around 12 guys, play 36-45 each day. This year was Mirimichi on the way down, Fighting Joe & School Master, then two days at Silver Lakes and the last two days @ Grand National. We drive each year, some guys fly down. Pending on how many fly, they rent a car. Great golf, guys range from your age to mid with one old guy they drag along.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Yep, but I am on the other side of your age bracket. Most of my friends don't play any longer, will not devote their time, and would rather damage their knees and body by running half marathons in their 50's. Don't understand that addiction, and they do not understand mine to golf.

I go to SoCal once per year, but not lately with the SoCal men and their schedule. I want to play in NorCal, Bandon, and when my son was in his teens, we'd play the RJT Trail - spent about a week out there over a 3 yr period with their economical packages.

I travel now to SC and FL for business, and take time out between clients to take a long weekend for play.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 2 weeks later...

@Mr. Desmond I typically play with guys twice my age. I have locked in dates and courses in Orlando the last week of march. Not booking anything until mid Jan, but I do have 5 interested in going if you would like to join. I can email you all the details if you'd like.

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

1 hour ago, kpaulhus said:

@Mr. Desmond I typically play with guys twice my age. I have locked in dates and courses in Orlando the last week of march. Not booking anything until mid Jan, but I do have 5 interested in going if you would like to join. I can email you all the details if you'd like.

Thanks. You better look at my posts before you invite me... lol. The last week of March may work, and I can schedule some business before or after. Send the details. I appreciate it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

If you ever travel to South FL I'll play a round with you if you don't mind playing with someone who is new and working on breaking 100. Some nice courses around that can be played under $150.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

2 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

Sup' K-man!! I would be interested! I have been trying to get group going every year in late March, early April to Orlando-Tampa area, succeeding once. Anyway, PM me what is going on.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2015‎ ‎4‎:‎42‎:‎21‎, Club Rat said:

Yo fellow West Coast team member. We take a trip to Bama every fall, play different RTJ courses each year.

It's usually around 12 guys, play 36-45 each day. This year was Mirimichi on the way down, Fighting Joe & School Master, then two days at Silver Lakes and the last two days @ Grand National. We drive each year, some guys fly down. Pending on how many fly, they rent a car. Great golf, guys range from your age to mid with one old guy they drag along.

When's this happen John?

Vishal S.

Yo V, the trip is always end of Sept beginning of Oct, pending on schedules. They usually make plans in Mid July on dates and courses.

Each year they visit different RTJ courses than the year before. Usually it's two or three different locations.

I'll touch base next summer when they announce plans.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎57‎:‎32‎, kpaulhus said:

So, here is the dilemma without sounding like a craigslist personal ad lol

More Golf, More Buddies, More Fun - Just got an email and thought this might interest you.

"GolfMatch"   Download  today in the App Store or Google Play -- It's Free!

http://golfmatchapp.com/

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2015‎ ‎4‎:‎44‎:‎19‎, kpaulhus said:

I might be interested depending on the dates. My work schedule won't allow for a week of but a long weekend I can swing. I have only been to Orlando once but enjoyed 2 of the Orange County National courses and Southern Dunes. It is hard enough for me to get my buddies together for 1 weekend round let alone a trip. I also want to get out to Phoenix/Scottsdale sometime in the next few years. I get to write that one off for business.

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

More Golf, More Buddies, More Fun - Just got an email and thought this might interest you.

"GolfMatch"   Download  today in the App Store or Google Play -- It's Free!

http://golfmatchapp.com/

I signed up for that in the middle of the summer and it was a complete bust for me. Only a few people on it and no responses from the 2 people I contacted. I'm in a pretty big suburb of a fairly large city so I excepted more players might be on it.

Here is what I have sent out to my normal golf group in Arkansas. So the flight info is going to be different for everyone. Playing some pretty decent courses.

March Golf Trip.png

Kyle Paulhus

I've played Crooked Cat. Nice course - needed work at the time, about 12 years ago.

Played OCN a couple of times. Panther Lake is in my opinion more fun and more challenging than crooked cat. Also consider playing El Campeon (best of the two courses on Mission inn) and The hills (best of the two courses on LPGA international). These three courses are in my opinion the best three to play in that area. Been there at least 10 times since 2008.

Edited by MacDutch

• 3 weeks later...

March would be too soon for me, but I may be interested in later trips or any trips the following years. I live in West TN.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I am outside of Savannah Ga.  If you ever wanted to come here, I'd be interested in playing some of the nicer courses that I just haven't made an effort to. That would put Savannah, Hilton Head,  St Simons / Sea Island, Jekyll, even Sawgrass in day trip range. 

As far as get away trip for me its still probably a few years out.  New Career and New Family, etc

Recovering from hip surgery....but I'm game for any type of trip...my normal golf buddies like to drive 2 hours and that's that...love to hook something up and come play sawgrass or berth page...be unreal....keep me in mind!  No kids decent job and can get off a majority of time...in school but most is done online

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Note: This thread is 3051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!