IGNORED

Longest Drive of 2015

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hit my long drive at Buffalo Ridge Golf Club in Branson, MO. Basically teeing off on the side of a mountain. Hit the fairway too!

Game.jpg

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty much never used my driver, instead preferring a 3 wood. My longest that I can measure was 265 at a reachable par 4. I missed well right unfortunately. I probably had some further, but did not use anything to measure and record. I am struggling with my driver right now, and it only goes about 10 yards further than my 3W, but more often than not slices hard. 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Just hover over the longest drives and it'll tell you when and where you hit it.

Thanks.

Actually had a couple 305 drives at Bernardo Heights, #2 and #15. Both downhill holes obviously ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I have no way of verifying it is accurate.  Teed off from the white's on a hole that was 400+ yards and my ball was just a little past the 150 marker so inside of 150 to middle of green.  If I were to estimate I think it was about 250 yards, could have been a wee more and may have been a little less.  Heck, if even it was 230 yards I would be happy.  My favorite has been hitting my 3W sweet a few times off the deck, think I hit it over 220 yards one day.  My daughter was with me and could not believe how far I hit it (me either).

And 2015 golfing is not over yet here in Florida.  I am looking forward to beating that since I have had a few good consistent drives recently.  

Edited by Gator Hazard

268. And happy to have it!  (A bit downhill, but into the rough, 6 mph wind partially helping)

5646866949581_longdrive2015.png.98d01072

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

346(on Game Golf) level ground and only a slight tailwind, fairway was baked. 

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Started playing in September this year after a 20 year hiatus due to a back operation.  Didn't have a clue how I would hit the ball.  At first my best drives were going 220.  A few weeks ago, before cold weather set in, I hit 3 drives that stopped at the 100 yrd. marker on a 377 yrd. par four from a very elevated tee -- so, 277 yrds.  My best drives, without the elevation, are now going 235 yrds. and at my age (65) I'm very happy with that.

Later,

John

Macgregor Tourney Driver, 5w, 3-4H, 5-PW, 52-58W

Heriko 14 degree Driver (Tee and Turf)

Odyssey Big-T Putter

I've got a few long ones that weren't measured and 2 that were measured as more or less even on GG. The first was a 338 yard drive with a slight tailwind that must have caught the cart path or hit something hard to get through the fairway and stop about a yard short of being lost(still only managed par on the hole).  The other was a 3W on a par 5 that GG measured at 337--there is a cart path on the right but we think it actually caught the back slope of a bunker and kicked forward hard based on the line the ball was on.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

I had a wind aided 331 on a 530 yard par 5.  Not many times I get to hit an iron into a par 5.

I played a scramble yesterday where I was 5 yards behind the long drive.  I didn't even think to get the yardage since I didn't beat the existing drive.  It was long, maybe around 300.  It was a strange hole to have a long drive contest because the fairway was VERY undulating and narrow.  It wasn't more than 15-20 yards wide where we drove the ball.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Really no idea.  I'm pretty short by comparison to some (most? :-( ) of the flat bellies that I play with, and can remember a handful of times that I was in the same zip code as one or more of them.  Probably not much more than 275ish though.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I hit some close to 290 yards. They were at the Casablanca course up in Mesqite Nevada. At the time they were getting ready to over seed the fairways. The fairways were cut really short and some what dry which made them much firmer than normal.  I was getting quite a bit off roll after the carry due to those. turf condititons.  Plus I was swinging faster. (ego) than normal just to see what I could get with those turf conditions. 

Under normal conditions anything over 240 yards with my driver would be abnormal for me. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I would think on the 9th hole at Moon Valley at Newport on the last day (singles match). The hole is 412 yds according to scorecard. Not sure where the tees were set on that day but I had 134 left. So could be as high as 275. I felt that was the best strike I had in a long time. Maybe bit of help from Phoenix's' thin air.

Vishal S.

11 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I would think on the 9th hole at Moon Valley at Newport on the last day (singles match). The hole is 412 yds according to scorecard. Not sure where the tees were set on that day but I had 134 left. So could be as high as 275. I felt that was the best strike I had in a long time. Maybe bit of help from Phoenix's' thin air.

If you remember where the pin position was you can always scope it out on Google maps using the distance measurement tool.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

It was this drive in September. Ground was dry and I remember a slight tailwind. It occurred to me afterwards when I was reviewing my round that this drive on most other holes would have been lost or in serious trouble considering how off line it is from center, so I guess you could say I got away with one.

Longest Drive 2015.png

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

If you remember where the pin position was you can always scope it out on Google maps using the distance measurement tool.

Thanks.. I believe middle pin. Can't see where the tees are on google maps but appx 251 meters = 274.5 yards (ok so overestimated a bit.. haha).

Vishal S.

Drove my first par 4 green this summer! (2 putt for birdie)

SwingbySwing said it was 265...slightly downhill 

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Note: This thread is 3070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!