or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (NatalieB)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (NatalieB)

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
I've been Playing Golf for:​ Since I was 3 (kinda)
My current handicap index or average score is: High 50s for 9 holes (par 36)
My typical ball flight is: Draw (when I hit it on the center of the club)
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Poor contact


Videos:
post #2 of 21

I got tired of my kid showing me up in my own My Swing thread, so I'm putting her swings here from now on.

 

That is all. :-)

post #3 of 21

Hey Nat, welcome to the forum! 

 

:dance:

post #4 of 21

@NatalieB doesn't swing like a girl ;-)

 

post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

@NatalieB doesn't swing like a girl ;-)

 

I don't know, that looks a little Lexi like to me...:beer:  Great swing @NatalieB!

post #6 of 21
Incredible swing for one so young, heck, incredible swing for anyone. Make sure you quiz your instructor on the ball flight laws, you don't want to waste your time with a dud. a2_wink.gif
post #7 of 21

When did you start taking her to hit balls?

post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchepp View Post
 

When did you start taking her to hit balls?

 

She was 3 when she had her first "set" of clubs (not plastic).

post #9 of 21

Nice swing! 

post #10 of 21
Ok so how can I get a swing as solid as that? Erik do you want to adopt a 31 year old half Mexican?
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Ok so how can I get a swing as solid as that? Erik do you want to adopt a 31 year old half Mexican?

 

Depends on the other half… and how well you can cook.

 

Let's not get too far OT in this thread, k? :)

post #12 of 21
Yes sir.
post #13 of 21
Very nice looking swing. I have said it before, it looks like she produces a decent amount of power.

What do you have her working on?
post #14 of 21

Very good swing there, my daughter is 10 right now and needs to get back into golf, she attended first tee and "girls golf" and seems to like it, her swing isn't as technically sound as Natalie but I can definitely see some athletic ability trying to shine through. By the way how old is Natalie?

post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

She was 3 when she had her first "set" of clubs (not plastic).

 

We can discuss over PM's if you think it is off topic, but at 3 can you share some specs of the first set? Did you just cut down a set you had? Bought a kids set?

post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

I got tired of my kid showing me up in my own My Swing thread, so I'm putting her swings here from now on.

 

That is all. :-)

 

I think she has a bright future in golf.

 

I should start one for my son, a.k.a. "The Boy".

post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

What do you have her working on?

 

Her head was going forward in the backswing. So she is feeling like during her backswing she can see more of the back of the golf ball.

 

Needs a little Key #2 work when the ball is on the ground, but she's at Girl Scout camp right now, so… Wednesday. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopster View Post
 

Very good swing there, my daughter is 10 right now and needs to get back into golf, she attended first tee and "girls golf" and seems to like it, her swing isn't as technically sound as Natalie but I can definitely see some athletic ability trying to shine through. By the way how old is Natalie?

 

11. Bone age of a 7-year-old though, so she's very small. She'll be 5'5" or so in the end, she is just "delayed" and will grow several more years longer than other girls.

 

I tell her that's an advantage. If she can almost keep up with girls her age, and learn to do that, when they stop growing they may plateau, and she'll keep improving right through high school even if her mechanics stayed the same because she'll get taller, and thus longer, and taller/longer, and taller/longer.

 

Basically, other girls can mask crappy swings because they hit it fairly far, but they may be much, much closer to their ceiling than Nat may be.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchepp View Post
 

We can discuss over PM's if you think it is off topic, but at 3 can you share some specs of the first set? Did you just cut down a set you had? Bought a kids set?

 

I believe it was the smallest U.S. Kids Golf set we could find. https://www.uskidsgolf.com/shop/equipment/39-tall ? It was too big for her back then, but she grew into it.

 

This is from when she was 4 (Click to show)

 

She has a Maxfli set right now (Driver, hybrid, 7, 9, SW, putter that we replaced with an Edel). She has this Callaway set on the way: http://www.callawaygolf.com/junior-clubs/juniors-x-9-12-girl-2012.html . The driver is 40". Her current driver is about 34".

 

The Callaway set will probably be a birthday (November) or Christmas present. Though it's tempting to let her use the driver during Drive, Chip, and Putt.

 

 

Current Driver in January 2014. (Click to show)
post #18 of 21
Thread Starter 
Just some work from a lesson recently. Was getting too close to the ball and too shallow into the ball leading to lots of thins.

Driver has predictably been pretty good lately. a1_smile.gif







Really like that third picture.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (NatalieB)