IGNORED

Will Jordan Spieth Come Back?

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 814 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He's back, but he's not going to win The Masters - too far back, too many missed opportunities. The 3-putt on 16 today was ugly. You don't leave your lag putt 8 feet short. Easy birdie putt on 18 that he also missed.

21 hours ago, WillT1096 said:

He's back, but he's not going to win The Masters - too far back, too many missed opportunities. The 3-putt on 16 today was ugly. You don't leave your lag putt 8 feet short. Easy birdie putt on 18 that he also missed.

he still struggles with the same damn problem... he just makes bad bogeys at bad times.  I feel like he hardly ever has a bogey free round.  I get that guys make bogeys, but he just makes bad ones, at bad times, and seems to always make at like minimum 2-3 per round.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

39 minutes ago, Chris223 said:

he still struggles with the same damn problem... he just makes bad bogeys at bad times.  I feel like he hardly ever has a bogey free round.  I get that guys make bogeys, but he just makes bad ones, at bad times, and seems to always make at like minimum 2-3 per round.

The above could be about any professional golfer apart from Tiger Woods.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

10 hours ago, DewSweeper09 said:

Spieth won last week, came in 3rd this week at the Masters. Pretty impressive.

It’s hard to win two weeks in a row too.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Spieth usually won because of his play around the green and his putter. This week it kind of let him down. With his strokes gained tee-to-green, he should have won the Masters easily. IF he can continue to drive it the way he has recently, I think he is officially back.  

Bill M

41 minutes ago, phan52 said:

With his strokes gained tee-to-green, he should have won the Masters easily. 

Well that would imply that there's more to winning than shots gained tee to green.

How many other players "should have" won the Masters "easily"? 15? 20?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

On 4/16/2021 at 3:15 PM, Shorty said:

Well that would imply that there's more to winning than shots gained tee to green.

How many other players "should have" won the Masters "easily"? 15? 20?

It was said in context with the fact that his usual success is with his putter. 

Bill M

(edited)
1 hour ago, phan52 said:

It was said in context with the fact that his usual success is with his putter. 

Except ...that’s not true. JS actually putted better in 2019 than he did in 2015. JS has made his wins based on his ball striking primarily. 

1013C924-40CC-4345-9F42-56DBD8CD616F.thumb.jpeg.6245db90cc2638a41458ea57ab024ddc.jpeg

Edited by Vinsk
  • Funny 1
  • Informative 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 4/19/2021 at 5:45 PM, Vinsk said:

Except ...that’s not true. JS actually putted better in 2019 than he did in 2015. JS has made his wins based on his ball striking primarily. 

1013C924-40CC-4345-9F42-56DBD8CD616F.thumb.jpeg.6245db90cc2638a41458ea57ab024ddc.jpeg

But he has almost always been a good putter and scrambler, His putting stats in 2015 were pretty good, probably top ten and he was #1 around the green. His success has rarely been because of tee to green. You don't even have to look at stats to see that, just watch him play. 

Bill M

31 minutes ago, phan52 said:

You don't even have to look at stats to see that, just watch him play. 

Well...stats are the truth. What we think we see can be deceiving. 

32 minutes ago, phan52 said:

His putting stats in 2015 were pretty good, 

They were better in 2019.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Jordan has extremely large balls. 

Remember to follow through.😳

6 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Jordan has extremely large balls. 

The play button on your post didn’t work 😜

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Remember to follow through.😳

He didn’t follow the Gary Player tip.

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Thanks for complete my half ass post@billchao. Posted on the fly.. 

My sentiment still stands. I don't care what people say about Jordan, the doods all in all the time. Love it.

Vishal S.

• Administrator

I don't think that shot was all that scary. When's the last time a pro golfer fell forward even two inches when hitting a shot off a slight downslope.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 814 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!