IGNORED

Golfer Shoots 27 on Front and Doesn't Qualify for Web.com Event

SPJr
Note: This thread is 1789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I read a lot of posts in which people try to explain how difficult it is to become a touring pro, let alone have any success.

I thought this article is a great example.

190430-tyler-neff-scorecard.png

Golfer shoots 27(!) on front nine, still doesn't Monday Qualify for Web.com Tour event

• Upvote 2

- Steve

Driver: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917D2 (9.5*), 3/4 Wood: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917F2 (16*),
Hybridstaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Rescue Mid (19*) & :wilsonstaff: D100 (22*), 5i-PW, GWcobra.png.f5a0c3806c04153a74a3b11aaf4308b0.png F7 One Length
Wedges:wilsonstaff: PMP (54* & 58*), Puttertaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Spider Mini

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, SPJr said:

I read a lot of posts in which people try to explain how difficult it is to become a touring pro, let alone have any success.

I thought this article is a great example.

190430-tyler-neff-scorecard.png

Golfer shoots 27(!) on front nine, still doesn't Monday Qualify for Web.com Tour event

Calling @Diece....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• iacas changed the title to Golfer Shoots 27 on Front and Doesn't Qualify for Web.com Event

It’d be hard to play smart when you need 64 get in.

Major props to the old villain Patrick Reed for Monday qualifying his way to the tour and eventually getting himself that green jacket.

6 hours ago, David in FL said:

Calling @Diece....

Eh, probably shouldn't follow up a 27 with a 38.

The title is misleading, he was in a play-off so he didn't get in because he lost the playoff. Shooting a 27 doesn't matter if you can't follow the other 9 up with anything good. 

It's tough of course.

That's part of the fun though. 😎

23 minutes ago, Diece said:

Eh, probably shouldn't follow up a 27 with a 38.

The title is misleading, he was in a play-off so he didn't get in because he lost the playoff. Shooting a 27 doesn't matter if you can't follow the other 9 up with anything good. 

It's tough of course.

That's part of the fun though. 😎

I think the point is, he shot a 65 and that only got him to a playoff. But yes as for the title, it doesn’t matter what anyone shoots on 9 holes if they do a mediocre job on the other half. But again..he shot a friggin 65 and only made a playoff. 

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

28 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I think the point is, he shot a 65 and that only got him to a playoff. But yes as for the title, it doesn’t matter what anyone shoots on 9 holes if they do a mediocre job on the other half. But again..he shot a friggin 65 and only made a playoff. 

True, I wonder how hard the course was playing that day though.

It also kind of makes sense, everyone is competing for presumably six spots. Of course the guys that make it are going to be shooting those scores. 

I read in one of the comments that Brooks Koepka said playing on the European tour is a better path than grinding in Monday Q's.

3 hours ago, Diece said:

It also kind of makes sense, everyone is competing for presumably six spots. Of course the guys that make it are going to be shooting those scores. 

I read in one of the comments that Brooks Koepka said playing on the European tour is a better path than grinding in Monday Q's.

This.  10 out of 77 entrants shot 65 or better.  So the 27 was a nice accomplishment, but the technical term for a course like this is joke.  Makes you wonder what the big boys would have done to a course like this.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

3 hours ago, turtleback said:

This.  10 out of 77 entrants shot 65 or better.  So the 27 was a nice accomplishment, but the technical term for a course like this is joke.  Makes you wonder what the big boys would have done to a course like this.

7 hours ago, Diece said:

7600 yards.  76.2 / 138  from the tips.  I’m guessing that it wasn’t playing all that easy!

A 65 is a -13.7 differential!

It’s also worth noting that the guys shooting 65 and not making it into the field are Monday qualifying because they’re not good enough to have exempt status yet...

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

7600 yards.  76.2 / 138  from the tips.  I’m guessing that it wasn’t playing all that easy!

It’s also worth noting that the guys shooting 65 and not making it into the field are Monday qualifying because they’re not good enough to have exempt status yet...

res ipsa loquitur

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I played a course in Orlando recently, played my ass off and shot even par. I'm not sure I can find 7 shots to shave off that score. Maybe two. And it was not 7600 yards. It's amazing how good those guys are. I always chuckle listening to the young guys at our club. They really have no idea. If your not shooting in the 60's every time out......

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

In a 8 holes he shot a 23.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 10.04.42 AM.png

Here's the leaderboard. Tough break. Golf is hard.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 10.03.16 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, David in FL said:

?

−9.2, or -8.8 if you apply the 96% to the individual rounds instead of the average of the 10 best.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!