IGNORED

Golf Gloves

Note: This thread is 1757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Playing most of my rounds in the desert southwest, I wear two gloves. Mostly to protect my hands from from sun damage. 

I buy pairs of batting gloves from Walmart for around $9-$10 a pair. Probably a throw back from my years playing baseball/softball. I feel comfortable wearing them.

They work just as well as golf "specific" gloves, and they definately last longer. They also offer up a good, tight fit, and a non slip grip on the club. When playing, I never take them off, even to putt. 

Being the old guy I am, they also help to alleviate some of the pre-arthritic pains in my hands I need to deal with. 

I carry 4 pair in my bag for those sweaty, humid days, and/or the occassional rain storm that might pass through. I will change out pairs as needed due to this moisture issue.

During the winter months they are also good for warmth, when used in conjunction with bar-b-que mits. That's another story there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For the money, these are really pretty good.

MG Golf gloves, with Cabretta leather beats FootJoy, Titleist, &...

• Like 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I use the Roger Dunn store brand gloves.  I am thinking I should follow @Patch's idea and get a second glove for sun protection purposes.  I do notice my right hand is a nice shade of red that contrasts to most of the rest of me (I wear long pants and solar sleeves, so very little of my skin is exposed when I play).  

Then again, my hands sweat a lot so I tend to take off my glove once I'm on the green until I'm ready to hit my next tee shot, so maybe this isn't as good an idea.

As for my RD Store brand, with regular trips to the range and the course, they still last a few months each, and I buy them three for $18.  

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I use the Footjoy WeatherSof.   I have no problem making one last a full season, 50 rounds.  As a matter of fact, I'm still using last year's glove but it is probably worth replacing.   

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

None

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I use the Footjoy WeatherSof.   I have no problem making one last a full season, 50 rounds.  As a matter of fact, I'm still using last year's glove but it is probably worth replacing.   

Thanks @dennyjones does it hold up well in your bag?

2 hours ago, Snowman special said:

Thanks @dennyjones does it hold up well in your bag?

Well....It didn't deteriorate but after a couple of months it wasn't as supple as it was new.   Once on,  it felt fine and worked well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

7 hours ago, dennyjones said:

i just got two pairs of these on the cheap at GG and they both started reeking after the first time i used them in cold (i.e. non-sweaty) weather. i've had an FJ countour glove for about 5 months that doesn't smell at all and has been stored the same way. are my WeatherSofs defective?

• Thumbs Up 1

my swing thread

3-wood: 13* TEE CB4, mitsubishi 'ahina 80g x; 2-iron: 16* mizuno hi-fli, c-taper 130g; 3-pw: mizuno mp-5, c-taper 130g; 50/55/60: mizuno t7, c-taper 130g; putter: SC bullseye platinum flange (2001)

7 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

i just got two pairs of these on the cheap at GG and they both started reeking after the first time i used them in cold (i.e. non-sweaty) weather. i've had an FJ countour glove for about 5 months that doesn't smell at all and has been stored the same way. are my WeatherSofs defective?

I’ve been playing the FJ Contours for almost a year now, and actually like them better than the Stasofts...

• Thumbs Up 2

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I use the Bionic relaxed grip. Lasts for months. Cost a little more but it will outlast all of the others.

Edited by Bucki1968
Spelling
  • Thumbs Up 2

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

3 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I use the Bionic relaxed grip. Lasts for months. Cost a little more but it will outlast and of the others.

Yes to this...I wear two because of RA in hands. I first tried the Bionics that are specifically for arthritics, but they seemed too bulky. Anyway the relaxed grip Bionics are just right. Also, the MG gloves seem to last a bit longer than regular gloves and are VERY inexpensive. Best, -Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

I prefer the Zero gloves.  It is basically a one size adapts to all.  Feels more like a second ski and I have enjoyed it over 6 months of using it.  Reasonably priced.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

On 5/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, Groucho Valentine said:

I use the Titleist players glove. They're a little expensive but i don't practice with a glove on, so i get a month or more out of one. 

Baller glove is baller.

titleist-2015-players-glove-a83.jpg

Colin P.

I played my last two rounds with the K-Sig glove and so far it is nice. Pretty durable as well as comfortable.

Note: This thread is 1757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!