20 posts / 2042 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Playing most of my rounds in the desert southwest, I wear two gloves. Mostly to protect my hands from from sun damage. 

I buy pairs of batting gloves from Walmart for around $9-$10 a pair. Probably a throw back from my years playing baseball/softball. I feel comfortable wearing them.

They work just as well as golf "specific" gloves, and they definately last longer. They also offer up a good, tight fit, and a non slip grip on the club. When playing, I never take them off, even to putt. 

Being the old guy I am, they also help to alleviate some of the pre-arthritic pains in my hands I need to deal with. 

I carry 4 pair in my bag for those sweaty, humid days, and/or the occassional rain storm that might pass through. I will change out pairs as needed due to this moisture issue.

During the winter months they are also good for warmth, when used in conjunction with bar-b-que mits. That's another story there. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use the Titleist players glove. They're a little expensive but i don't practice with a glove on, so i get a month or more out of one. 

I use the Roger Dunn store brand gloves.  I am thinking I should follow @Patch's idea and get a second glove for sun protection purposes.  I do notice my right hand is a nice shade of red that contrasts to most of the rest of me (I wear long pants and solar sleeves, so very little of my skin is exposed when I play).  

Then again, my hands sweat a lot so I tend to take off my glove once I'm on the green until I'm ready to hit my next tee shot, so maybe this isn't as good an idea.

As for my RD Store brand, with regular trips to the range and the course, they still last a few months each, and I buy them three for $18.  

I use the Footjoy WeatherSof.   I have no problem making one last a full season, 50 rounds.  As a matter of fact, I'm still using last year's glove but it is probably worth replacing.   

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I use the Footjoy WeatherSof.   I have no problem making one last a full season, 50 rounds.  As a matter of fact, I'm still using last year's glove but it is probably worth replacing.   

Thanks @dennyjones does it hold up well in your bag?

2 hours ago, Snowman special said:

Thanks @dennyjones does it hold up well in your bag?

Well....It didn't deteriorate but after a couple of months it wasn't as supple as it was new.   Once on,  it felt fine and worked well. 

I really like these gloves. I've yet to actually wear one out and they're great for wet weather or sweaty hands plus the price is right:

https://amzn.to/2Wc2f9x

7 hours ago, dennyjones said:

i just got two pairs of these on the cheap at GG and they both started reeking after the first time i used them in cold (i.e. non-sweaty) weather. i've had an FJ countour glove for about 5 months that doesn't smell at all and has been stored the same way. are my WeatherSofs defective?

7 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

i just got two pairs of these on the cheap at GG and they both started reeking after the first time i used them in cold (i.e. non-sweaty) weather. i've had an FJ countour glove for about 5 months that doesn't smell at all and has been stored the same way. are my WeatherSofs defective?

I’ve been playing the FJ Contours for almost a year now, and actually like them better than the Stasofts...

I use the Bionic relaxed grip. Lasts for months. Cost a little more but it will outlast all of the others.

Edited by Bucki1968
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I use the Bionic relaxed grip. Lasts for months. Cost a little more but it will outlast and of the others.

Yes to this...I wear two because of RA in hands. I first tried the Bionics that are specifically for arthritics, but they seemed too bulky. Anyway the relaxed grip Bionics are just right. Also, the MG gloves seem to last a bit longer than regular gloves and are VERY inexpensive. Best, -Marv

I prefer the Zero gloves.  It is basically a one size adapts to all.  Feels more like a second ski and I have enjoyed it over 6 months of using it.  Reasonably priced.

On 5/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, Groucho Valentine said:

I use the Titleist players glove. They're a little expensive but i don't practice with a glove on, so i get a month or more out of one. 

Baller glove is baller.

titleist-2015-players-glove-a83.jpg

I played my last two rounds with the K-Sig glove and so far it is nice. Pretty durable as well as comfortable.