IGNORED

2019 British Open Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 1733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And thus begins Tiger's comeback.  Hole 15, Thursday, we all will know where we were when Tiger began his birdie run that resulted in major #16. 

• Like 2

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

... and Tiger's active consecutive birdie streak ends at 1.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Tiger should really not be playing these types of courses - it's too much for him.

He should play the easier courses with wide open fairways and easy rough where he can boost his stats so his fans can pretend he is a top level golfer. 

It's quite selfish of him to take the place of a player who could actually play Port Rush.

Edited by Jay28

2 hours ago, 70sSanO said:

Looks like Tiger and Rory will be paired up together on Sunday.

John

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

My dream pairing of Rory and Tiger on the weekend is down the toilet.

I'm thinking they could be paired together; say at the Juniper Island Club. 🙄

Players play, tough players win!

When the season has four tournaments you want to win each year, you can't exactly pick the courses that fit you.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Looks like the other two players in the same game as Tiger could have shared a cart.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

6 minutes ago, Zeph said:

When the season has four tournaments you want to win each year, you can't exactly pick the courses that fit you.

Exactly.

To suggest that Tiger shouldn't be playing these types of courses because it's "too much" for him is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

17 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Exactly.

To suggest that Tiger shouldn't be playing these types of courses because it's "too much" for him is ridiculous. 

It's pretty clear he doesn't have the ability to play these types of courses, so why is it ridiculous to suggest he pick and choose?

He'll do well at Augusta and occasionally another major will be at a course where you can hit it in the next fairway and stlll be ok.

His career at the very highest level is over, his challenge is to see if he can squeeze out another 3 majors before his body gives up completely.

Edited by Jay28

28 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm thinking they could be paired together; say at the Juniper Island Club. 🙄

Tiger needs to rest his old bones on his yacht. Rory needs to commit himself...to an asylum. That boy is not right in the head. Tiger's round was a slow bleed of an over matched and weary warrior. Rory's was 3 incomprehensible, psychotic incidents.

2 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Koepka finishes the day lurking close to the top .

Great player.

He's right in the hunt, level with the 'over-rated' Tommy Fleetwood.

19 minutes ago, Jay28 said:

It's pretty clear he doesn't have the ability to play these types of courses, so why is it ridiculous to suggest he pick and choose?

He'll do well at Augusta and occasionally another major will be at a course where you can hit it in the next fairway and stlll be ok.

His career at the very highest level is over, his challenge is to see if he can squeeze out another 3 majors before his body gives up completely.

Well, first I don't agree with the notion that it's pretty clear he doesn't have the ability to play these types of courses.

Second, he's arguably the GOAT, has a ton of money, and is known worldwide so he doesn't need to play lesser tournaments unless there's a reason for him to.  His golfing goal right now is to win as many majors as possible and he can't win the majors he doesn't play in so, yes, it's ridiculous to say he should't play a major because of some rational that the course doesn't suit his game.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

25 minutes ago, Jay28 said:

Great player.

He's right in the hunt, level with the 'over-rated' Tommy Fleetwood.

I'd love to the "over-rated" Tommy pick up a Claret Jug.

Any more majors for Tiger will come with green jackets. Which is certainly not to say he won't win some more of those before he's through.

The Duval ruling is confusing, perhaps they are not giving the right information.  At first I read he thought he was playing his 3rd ball (2nd provisional) but at the green realized it was his 2nd ball (1st provisional).  Then I read that the ball wasn't his at all as it had a red 2 instead of a black 2.  I haven't been watching so maybe I just missed a full explanation.

Rob Tyska

Note: This thread is 1733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!