IGNORED

Anyone Else Using CBD for Joint Pain?

nhanser40
Note: This thread is 1611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've used CBD oil to help me sleep better at night.   I am hoping it makes a difference but I'm still on the fence.   I haven't used it for aches and pains yet.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't used it before for joint pain, but I have tried it in the past to attempt to mitigate chronic migraines. I found that on its own it didn't do much to change the frequency or severity of headaches, I'd get them about as often and as badly as I would have expected based on my stress levels while taking it.

One thing that I did find, though, is that one of the side effects of oral consumption of CBD did help with the frequency of my migraines. Similar to what @dennyjones is trying to accomplish, I found that for me it helped me with some regularly occurring sleep issues and as a result my overall stress levels decreased. My migraines are pretty closely tied with how stressed out I am at any given time, so that did slightly reduce their frequency. A study I found (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6326553/) shows that sleep scores improved within the first month for 2/3rds of patients who were taking 25mg of CBD orally per day, in capsule form. Not all of them took it at night though, so it's unclear whether morning or night dosages had a larger effect on sleep score than the others. I personally found that using CBD oil at night a couple hours before attempting to sleep (5 drops of 1500mg/ml concentration, or 12.5mg of CBD) helped me more consistently fall asleep compared to normal.

My sleep is also better on mine.  I take mine in the am and it's oil form.  I did a ton of research first and it seems like there's a lot of junk on the market so I went with an isolate product and paid up for it.  It's not tearing up my gut like the NSAIDS were 

Yes...8-10 drops at bedtime and in AM. Both sleep benefits and less "anxiety", ability to handle stress. I think it helps with pain in my arthritic hands as well. As said, research the extractor-supplier before you buy. Lots of junk science out there. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

I have thought about using cbd for joint discomfort. Just don't know enough about it. 

The stuff is sold in convience stores around here. Prices range from $39-$99 per each.

I take other maintenance meds, and not sure how cbd would react with those. 

Plus I sometime do extended volunteer work for the nps. Last I read, the feds linked cbd to to the same federal laws as marijuana, making it illegal to use/posess on federal property. 

I saw a camper in a national recreation area recieve a ticket/fine for posession of cbd. That was a couple years ago. Maybe the fed laws have changed since then. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

There’s a guy who owns a marijuana farm and plays at our course. He’s trying to start a cbd business to sell to golf courses. It would be something similar to gatorade bars, a before round thing, during, and after. Not sure how well it’ll do, but worth a shot!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

10 hours ago, Patch said:

I have thought about using cbd for joint discomfort. Just don't know enough about it. 

Yes, do some detailed research. Laws are finally being changed to recognize that CBD is NOT the same as medical or even illegal marijuana. A great (and real) benefit is that farmers who once grew tobacco can now grow hemp as a cash crop.

9 hours ago, phillyk said:

There’s a guy who owns a marijuana farm

My CBD is made from hemp, not marijuana. No or extremely low THC next to none, so no high. More difficult to extract from MJ with low to no trace of THC, I believe.

Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Mine is also Hemp based and you definitely want something that's been CO2 extracted from what i've read.  I'd stay away from anything sold in convenience stores.  The hemp based stuff is for sure legal everywhere, i read up on that also.  It's seems like a little bit of minefield but I feel like i found a good brand so i'm sticking with it.  

• 3 weeks later...

I started playing golf this year and went to the range multiple days in a row this summer. I developed bad tendonitis/arthritis in my left hand after the fourth consecutive range day session. I tried anti-inflammatory medicine my doctor prescribed but it didn't seem to do much.  I then tried CBD topical, which I don't think had any additional effect beyond rest/non-use.  I take some CBD drops from a reliable company now and I'm unsure if it is helping, but I'm giving it a try.  This is my anecdotal evidence, so please take it with a grain of salt.

I read good things about it and wanted to try for my joint pain,  but my husband was skeptical. I finally convinced him that it is worth a try so last winter he bought me CBD oil to use during the ski season. I swear I had less pain/swelling, and was able to ski for longer periods than before. At the end of the season, my husband told me what I have been taking was not CBD oil but olive oil and it was just placebo effect I was experiencing 😡

11 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

I read good things about it and wanted to try for my joint pain,  but my husband was skeptical. I finally convinced him that it is worth a try so last winter he bought me CBD oil to use during the ski season. I swear I had less pain/swelling, and was able to ski for longer periods than before. At the end of the season, my husband told me what I have been taking was not CBD oil but olive oil and it was just placebo effect I was experiencing 😡

So, when you get the real thing, will your spouse have you drug tested? Best, -Marv

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

Not that there's anything wrong with olive oil.  But your husband might be an old fogey.  That was not fair for him to trick you.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do your research. CBD industry is full of frauds. A lot of the products have little or no cbd in them. It's unregulated, it's the Wild Wild West, you do not know what is in the products.  

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like we are bringing in Medterra to our golf shop.  Got a couple free samples!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

On 10/5/2019 at 12:09 AM, No Mulligans said:

Do your research. CBD industry is full of frauds. A lot of the products have little or no cbd in them. It's unregulated, it's the Wild Wild West, you do not know what is in the products.  

I think they fall into the supplement, not medicines. I bet a lot of them have warning about not being regulated by the FDA and makes no actual factual claims to helping doing anything. 

Something like, "May help with" is common I think. 

1. Do research
2. Find credible reviews. I have a handful of people I follow online that I trust their opinions on brands. Then I do my own research before buying anything. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 3 weeks later...

I have been very interested in trying CBD due to some arthritis in my hands, but I am currently taking a blood thinner, and it seems that CBD affects the absorption of blood thinners. I should be off the blood thinner in a month, and will probably give CBD a try.

Note: This thread is 1611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!