EarlBobby

Two Holes-in-One in a Weekend at the Same Hole

14 posts / 1075 viewsLast Reply

On Saturday 21.09.2019 I shot a hole-in-one on a 155 yard par 3 - Hole Number 6 - at about 16:30.

It was an old Precept 01 Ball. I used a 6 iron.

The ball-fly was straight towards the flag and entered into the hole from the front.

On Sunday 22.09.2019 I shot another hole-in-one on the same 155 yards par 3 at about the same time.

I used a pretty new Titleist Pro-V1 ball. Again I used a 6 iron.

The ball-fly was slightly right from the target and bounced on the slope of the green to the left into the hole.

I keep thinking on this event over and over...

The probability that something like this happens is almost 0.

I thought I post it here.

Maybe I would like to hear some opinions about what other people think about this...

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Congrats. Quite an achievement. 

Best hio I ever personally saw was made by a friend of mine. Except for some miniature golf putting, the guy had never swung a golf club in his life

The very first hole he ever played was a par 3. He aced it with myself, and two other guys as witnesses. 

He went on to score several 8s, and higher on the rest of the 17 holes we played. 

To this day, (20+ years later) he proudly has his score card, and certificate on a wall in his den. He's never been golfing since, that I know off. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congratulations.  Some holes are made for certain golfers.  Apparently #6 was made for you.

How about a few details.  Which course?  City and State.  Where you playing for fun or in a competition?  What will you do with the balls?

Congrats
I've had two Aces on the same hole at our club, but they were years apart.

In our Stroke Play Championship last weekend, there was two Aces on the same hole on Saturday by different players.
Bar tabs were very high that day for those guys … 

Congrats man. I’m still waiting to have my first ace 😂. Seriously though, that’s incredible. Two aces on back to back days on the same hole? I can’t even imagine the odds on that.

That is not the intention of this post.

I am mainly talking about the low probability of this event.

I am not good enough at Golf in order to make two aces by purpose on one and the same hole on two consecutive days.

My main intention is to reflect about the supernatural aspects of the game and to get some feedback about that.

3 hours ago, EarlBobby said:

I am not good enough at Golf in order to make two aces by purpose on one and the same hole on two consecutive days.

My main intention is to reflect about the supernatural aspects of the game and to get some feedback about that.

I agree with you, the probability is very low. I don't believe in the supernatural, but I do believe that you hit two perfect shots. I think you should just accept that and bank the feeling in your mind that you are capable of perfect shots. Next time things are not going well on the course, remember that feeling. 

I should have posted this in the Geek / Nerd section...

Anyway, I looked for a serious institute for parapsychology nearby.

They specialized in quantum mechanics.

Maybe it is also "fun" to contact them...

Let us see if the doctor appears with lots of strange machines and analyzes the phenomenon...

What do you think?

14 hours ago, EarlBobby said:

I should have posted this in the Geek / Nerd section...

Anyway, I looked for a serious institute for parapsychology nearby.

They specialized in quantum mechanics.

Maybe it is also "fun" to contact them...

Let us see if the doctor appears with lots of strange machines and analyzes the phenomenon...

What do you think?

Quantum mechanics would use the Schrodinger's golf ball analogy, "You don't know if it is a hole in one until you look in the cup."

Parapsychology would say that you know it's a hole in one when your spirit animal dances the jig on the tee next to you.

The probability of making a hole in one for an amateur it´s around 1 in 12500 or 0.00008%. 
The probability of making 2 holes in one in a row in the same hole it´s 1 in 156250000 or 0.0000000064%.

Yeah... that´s really close to 0% jaja. 

Congratulations!! 

On 10/1/2019 at 3:01 AM, EarlBobby said:

First of all, NO ONE makes an ace "on purpose". Not even one of them. And your index is an 8, which tells me you are skilled enough to make good shots. I've played this goofy game for over 50 years, and used to be close to scratch, and have never had one. Been real close a bunch of times, but no cigar. Yet, I know a guy who's probably about a 24 handicapper who has one! On a 195-205 yard par 3 no less! 

I don't know that there is anything supernatural going on here. You have enough skill to hit good golf shots, and maybe you got lucky two days in a row. 

Do I think what some people might term the "supernatural" makes itself felt in golf. Yes, I do. But, I don't really know that it is supernatural. I think it is a product of our own bodies and minds and, thus, entirely natural.