IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

19 hours ago, billchao said:

Would You Rather...? #23: Play a round of golf at a slow pace (5+ hours) with great company, or play at your preferred pace but paired with obnoxious playing partners?

I would pick my buddies, mainly because I miss the three of them since I moved.  On the other hand, two of them have no patience for slow golf and would pick the faster round.

"Would you rather is  one of my favorite threads on this forum. So, I just thought I'd stick up a quick "Would You Rather" to spark non-virus related discussions:

Would You Rather...? #24: Win the US Open, Win the Open Championship, Win the PGA Championship or Win the Masters?

Yeah, I know there is more than two choices here @iacas. If that's illegal and you need to modify or take it down I'm cool with it. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

42 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather...? #24: Win the US Open, Win the Open Championship, Win the PGA Championship or Win the Masters?

I'm going to go out on a long limb here and say that most of us will want a green jacket. Me too.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Gotta go with the green jacket too.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

34 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'm going to go out on a long limb here and say that most of us will want a green jacket. Me too.

Not me, brother. I'm going with the Claret Jug!

Here's my thought process. When I was living out in Europe, it seemed to be the most respected victory in golf for the folks out there. (Granted this was 25 years ago, but I'm guessing it might still be the same.) It's the oldest of the majors. It's played out where golf began. As an American I'd love to go out to the "Old World" and win The Open. Don't get me wrong a Green Jacket would be sweet. Winning the US Open would also be sweet. (Okay, winning any tournament is sweet.) But...

I wanna win the Claret Jug!!!!!

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I think I’m gonna go with the Open. It’s the tournament I look forward to the most every year, and I love the challenge of links golf. Winning the Open would definitely be special to me.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

36 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Not me, brother. I'm going with the Claret Jug!

Here's my thought process. When I was living out in Europe, it seemed to be the most respected victory in golf for the folks out there. (Granted this was 25 years ago, but I'm guessing it might still be the same.) It's the oldest of the majors. It's played out where golf began. As an American I'd love to go out to the "Old World" and win The Open. Don't get me wrong a Green Jacket would be sweet. Winning the US Open would also be sweet. (Okay, winning any tournament is sweet.) But...

Good point! You can drink from the Claret Jug.  You can't drink FROM the Green Jacket, but you can drink IN the Green Jacket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Green jacket. I get to play every year regardless. 

39 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Do you have any idea what has been in that??:-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Do you have any idea what has been in that??:-P

Yeah.... Kissing it might be a bad idea.....

• Thumbs Up 1

Being a hack in middle america, I've gravitated slightly to the US Open. 

Aside from any patriotic tilt, the fact that amateurs can qualify for it is a factor. The fact that it is known for being one of the hardest tournaments of the season appeals to me as a viewer. 

I won't lie, The Greatest Game Ever Played story totally worked on me.

Edited by mcanadiens

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

I won't lie, The Greatest Game Ever Played story totally worked on me.

What about Tin Cup???

"Would you rather is  one of my favorite threads on this forum. So, I just thought I'd stick up a quick "Would You Rather" to spark non-virus related discussions:

Definitely The Masters. I really don't care about the rest.

- Shane

4 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

What about Tin Cup???

I like Tin Cup, but it didn't make me feel more warmly to the tournament than I did before.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator

The PGA Championship. Toughest field, and I'm a PGA members, so why not? I'd be revered among PGA members. 😉

And, it's the toughest major to win.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 3/20/2020 at 11:17 AM, iacas said:

The PGA Championship. Toughest field, and I'm a PGA members, so why not? I'd be revered among PGA members. 😉

And, it's the toughest major to win.

Do you say that because of the field of talent or the playing conditions? 

Major Average winning score Average cut score
Masters Tournament -10.06 3.77
US Open -4.11 6.33
The Open Championship -9.94 3.27
PGA Championship -10.89 3.44

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, snapfade said:

the field of talent

That, clearly. The Masters has a field of about 60 people who could possibly win, and the Opens are about the same with all the qualifiers they allow. The PGA is by far the strongest field.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 3/20/2020 at 8:52 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

The Masters.  There are plenty of good reasons to select any of the others, but for me it’s a tradition unlike any other.   :-D

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1