IGNORED

2020 Masters (Patron-Free)

cspell
Note: This thread is 1241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is it just me, or does the rough (er, I mean second cut 🙄) seem longer/deeper than usual?

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jon Rahm just hit second shot on #8, a wood that barely got off the ground, hooked into the trees, tried to punch out and hit a tree and now the ball is in further trouble.  I will probably have something similar happen next time I play, so that sequence is going into my memory box for encouragement as needed.

Same with Tiger's putt/chip that barely got on the green on #13. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I am oddly rooting for DJ to close this thing out here. He's been so good for so long. He simply doesn't feel like a one-time major champion to me and this would be a much deserved feather in his cap. What a talent he is. Freak among freaks. 

Constantine

Im just made a birdie at 11 of which Ben Hogan would have approved, by chipping in from right of the green.

IIRC, Hogan said that wasn't a green to go for in regulation.  Of course, things were different then, both in capability and understanding.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

47 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

I am oddly rooting for DJ to close this thing out here. He's been so good for so long. He simply doesn't feel like a one-time major champion to me and this would be a much deserved feather in his cap. What a talent he is. Freak among freaks. 

I don’t mind DJ winning. He’s been one of the best for a few years now and has had some chances slip away in the final round.

Him or Justin Thomas is fine, now that Tiger seems to be out of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 hour ago, JetFan1983 said:

He's not a one time major winner in my book

Colin P.

11 minutes ago, colin007 said:

He's not a one time major winner in my book

I’m not sure your book is accurate then. One win, quire a few seconds places. He looks serene again today, beautiful golf. 

• Informative 1

Stevie T

1 hour ago, Beastie said:

I’m not sure your book is accurate then. One win, quire a few seconds places. He looks serene again today, beautiful golf. 

In my book, he won at Whistling Straights. 

Anyways, dude is exuding huge BDE and I hope he walks away with it tomorrow.

Colin P.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, colin007 said:

So you have him not only not breaching the rules on the 18th, but also winning the resulting three-man playoff?

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

Lol, I'll go as far as to say he should've won there. Crazy he also has five additional seconds in majors as well. 

image.png

I was just looking at the 2019 leaderboard, and boy, it's a bit hard not to be a tad disappointed with the names at the top this year....

image.png

Edited by JetFan1983
  • Like 1

Constantine

What does DJ have to shoot tomorrow to win? 70? Hard to see his play today and think that he’ll struggle to do that. But, it’s golf. And DJ. Who knows. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

He was unlucky, but made a mistake. It’ll be a huge year if he does win, and in 2020 it’ll be the first time a positive test for DJ didn’t fall him foul of the tour. 
I hope he wins and par might even do it but if he breaks 70 then no one will catch him.

Stevie T

DJ hit 16 greens in the 3rd round and 14/14 fairways. That’s a recipe for stress free golf for sure.

Edited by Beastie
Spelling

Stevie T

18 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Is it just me, or does the rough (er, I mean second cut 🙄) seem longer/deeper than usual?

Tiger said it was playing like a “3rd cut” in his post round.😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, Beastie said:

DJ hit 16 greens in the 3rd round and 14/14 fairways. That’s a recipe for stress free golf for sure.

It was a low-event round.  Not a lot of need for par saves going on. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 1241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!