IGNORED

2020 Arnold Palmer Invitational

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

McIlroy in at 6 under in the lead so far.

Here he is in shawts during a practice round.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’m there tomorrow!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I haven't kept up with DeChambeau. Did he carry through with the hitting of the weights?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

37 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I haven't kept up with DeChambeau. Did he carry through with the hitting of the weights?

Well he's driving good and putting ok....but the wedges are downright ugly. I have no idea why he doesn't bag at least 1 club that is shorter than the rest. He clearly needs something else.

edit* As soon as I post this he darts one close. I was really talking about under 100 yards and the dart was outside of that.

Edited by Bonvivant
addition
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

20 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Well he's driving good and putting ok....but the wedges are downright ugly. I have no idea why he doesn't bag at least 1 club that is shorter than the rest. He clearly needs something else.

edit* As soon as I post this he darts one close. I was really talking about under 100 yards and the dart was outside of that.

There are a whole bunch of people in the one length irons who believe in the concept of two length irons.  Essentially, they advocate one longer length for the longer irons and a shorter length for the shorter irons.  Of course, it isn't quite as simple (you need to learn two swings as opposed to one swing, but it is a better compromise for both distance and accuracy than only one length for all clubs in my book

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

6 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

There are a whole bunch of people in the one length irons who believe in the concept of two length irons.  Essentially, they advocate one longer length for the longer irons and a shorter length for the shorter irons.  Of course, it isn't quite as simple (you need to learn two swings as opposed to one swing, but it is a better compromise for both distance and accuracy than only one length for all clubs in my book

It seems like as long as he can put a 3/4 or full swing hes ok, and then it gets touch and go once he gets down to half swing. I don't know a lot about single length other than the gapping gets tighter due to club-head speed staying consistent compared to a normal set. I just think it would be weird playing chips and short pitches with something that feels that long. That being said, I bump and run quite a bit with 7 iron being about the longest I go unless I'm punching out from under something.

edit* Doesn't he have to have at least 2 swings as is because of driver?

Edited by Bonvivant
addition
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I’m there tomorrow!

Save me some beer for Saturday.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Matt Every goes from 65 to 83.

McIlroy just went birdie, bogey, double bogey, birdie. I could do that.😎

Bill M

On 3/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, nevets88 said:

Looked like a slight pull?

Colin P.

Beautiful weather today. Rory was off but finished nicely. Poor Matt Every...collosal flop.9AC6F2D5-8D0B-47E6-9FAA-FCEE60348B98.thumb.jpeg.2583416ed8fa2ed6058c4b190f03ca7b.jpeg89C6F332-80EE-4B1F-AFDB-72B28CACD8DD.thumb.jpeg.40d748cc0453b7805ca87de856ab1587.jpegB6D6B320-6EC0-4FCA-B859-6BF19FA14AAF.thumb.jpeg.c714849fa353a22cb08db1e9e73d3a1e.jpeg721B50DB-0B49-41E4-9CAB-BEC49411516B.thumb.jpeg.036624bd7dd77bce5e4961a4a606bc2c.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Nice 81 Koepka. 

This tournament playing like a major. Tight fairways with tall rough. Plus cool air today with some wind. The distance debate dies down with tough conditions.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

What is that black armband thing? Probably one of those health monitoring devices?987F3A97-10D7-428D-8835-077C22457CB5.jpeg

Steve

Yeah, I noticed that, lol.

Steve

Note: This thread is 1517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!