IGNORED

How Will the 1200 Bucks You're Going to Get Affect Your Golf Game?

snapfade
Note: This thread is 1451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What are you going to do with the check you're going to get in a few weeks? 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to How Will the 1000 Bucks You're Going to Get Affect Your Golf Game?
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, snapfade said:

What are you going to do with the check you're going to get in a few weeks? 

Huh?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Probably have to save it to pay the taxes next year.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Huh?

UUDXK7TIBMI6VMMZHKLZTRKFCI.jpg

The Trump administration is asking Congress to approve a massive economic bailout to stanch the economic downward spiral caused by the coronavirus. The figure could top $850 billion, with $50 billion devoted...

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

I watched his complete new conference.   They suggested that $1k or more was going to each individual that needed the money.   It wasn't defined who would receive the money but suggested that the wealthy would be excluded.    The time frame was suggested by the end of April.  

add it to my emergency fund.   I heard from CBS news that It is now suggested that people have enough money to cover two years of bills.    

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

If you get a thousand bucks because you need it, then it’s not going toward your golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Isn't it too ill-defined right now to know who would get something and who would not.

For me, personally, it really just depends on how the next month or so play out. ... If I'm able to leave the house, get to work and get the job done, any money would be a sort of bonus. Otherwise, it's just going to make me a little less uncomfortable and I won't have to gut my savings quite as badly. ...

In the ideal situation, the extra grand would just make it easier for me to spend the money on the driver I was already planning on.

Worst case scenario, we'll be stretching bucks thin to keep from spending what I've put away.

I would rather it go to people that need it. Especially those that aren't getting paid right now. It seems more like a publicity stunt than a well thought out relief plan.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I doubt that I see a dime. If I do, it will go towards improving my house. We are working to get it ready to sell and move back to Florida in the next few years.

- Shane

I'd bet that most people WILL see this money. The problem is that there is no way to tell the difference between someone that knows how to save their money and would be completely fine losing (x) months of salary, and someone makes plenty of money, but lives paycheck to paycheck because they don't plan for the future. Far too many Americans don't know how to save, and those people make up part of the group that actually needs this. If they try to help everyone that needs it but help based on salary (say from last years taxes), they are going to end up sending checks to tons of people that don't need it as well (which is wasteful).

If I get a check from the government I'm going to put it in the bank just like a paycheck. I definitely don't need it but I'm not going to just blow it on whatever because its "free" money. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

5 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Far too many Americans don't know how to save, and those people make up part of the group that actually needs this.

That's actually what they'd be counting on. The idea is to stimulate the economy by flushing a bunch of cash into it. 

The money that gets buried in The mcanadiens Retirement & Savings Fund, isn't stimulating much.

14 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

That's actually what they'd be counting on. The idea is to stimulate the economy by flushing a bunch of cash into it. 

The money that gets buried in The mcanadiens Retirement & Savings Fund, isn't stimulating much.

I don't think that its it is anyone's obligation to stimulate the economy with their earnings, though it is what makes the world go 'round. The people that do this regularly, or to excess, are the people that need the cash. The people that save and plan for the future are plenty stable, and I don't think that cutting them a check will make them go out and spend it. It's the same type of people that loan their money to the government (extra withholdings) , intrest free all year long, and then get back a big check from the feds during tax season (then go bonkers with it because they have way more money than they are used to having) that would spend this money instantly and stimulate the economy. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

We are working to get it ready to sell and move back to Florida in the next few years.

:dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

That $1K check has not been approved as yet. Plus, only those in need of a financial boost are eligable to recieve any fed money if/when it's approved. Quite a few folks won't recieve anything. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

15 minutes ago, Patch said:

That $1K check has not been approved as yet. Plus, only those in need of a financial boost are eligable to recieve any fed money if/when it's approved. Quite a few folks won't recieve anything. 

The issue is where do you draw the line for financial need? You can't look at things on a case by case basis, so it will be given to plenty of people that don't need it, or it won't be given to everyone that does need it. I'm sure it will be based on last years tax records and they will have to find a place to draw a line. 

5 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

The issue is where do you draw the line for financial need? You can't look at things on a case by case basis, so it will be given to plenty of people that don't need it, or it won't be given to everyone that does need it. I'm sure it will be based on last years tax records and they will have to find a place to draw a line. 

As I understsnd it, congress/committees will decide the various "cut lines" for amounts recieved by individuals. Some will recieve more than others. Those in a tbd higher tax bracket won't recieve anything. 

The amounts I read that were being negotiated, were between $900, and $4500 pet individual. 

Yes it's supposed to based on previous tax returns, and the feds were trying for a mid April delivery. 

I'm not holding my breath....

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

I'd bet that most people WILL see this money. The problem is that there is no way to tell the difference between someone that knows how to save their money and would be completely fine losing (x) months of salary, and someone makes plenty of money, but lives paycheck to paycheck because they don't plan for the future. Far too many Americans don't know how to save, and those people make up part of the group that actually needs this. If they try to help everyone that needs it but help based on salary (say from last years taxes), they are going to end up sending checks to tons of people that don't need it as well (which is wasteful).

If I get a check from the government I'm going to put it in the bank just like a paycheck. I definitely don't need it but I'm not going to just blow it on whatever because its "free" money. 

I believe the concept is that when you get your 1000 or 2000 bucks you spend it right away to stimulate the sinking economy.  If you save it it's money out of circulation.

Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio and a couple of other senators are looking at a $2,000 check immediately and then $1,500 in the Summer and $1,000 in the Fall.

Note: This thread is 1451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!